POSTED Gunshop? - Page 4

POSTED Gunshop?

This is a discussion on POSTED Gunshop? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have a store here that also is posted something to the effect of "keep loaded guns holstered, unload any gun you need to display ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 53 of 53

Thread: POSTED Gunshop?

  1. #46
    Member Array CCMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flyover Land
    Posts
    32
    We have a store here that also is posted something to the effect of "keep loaded guns holstered, unload any gun you need to display before entering." I don't really have a problem with that... :)


  2. #47
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,134
    I was just in Amarillo tx , now tx has a real restrictive law on how you can leagaly post , you must meet the 30-06 compliance to have a leagal singage . none of the shops i saw did , when questioned they advised they knew they were out of compliance and that thier signs had no import ( leagaly ) and did not care ... the as they put it " rif raff " obeyed the signs and the ccw holder was welcome in spite of the posted sign ... this dont make a lot of sense to me but its the answer i got on query .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

    Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

  3. #48
    Member Array BillR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by fludy12 View Post
    Dropping the mag isn't unloading, even with a magazine disconnect.

    Anyway, how's that BP workin' out for ya?

    I used my G19 last time at Gunsite, but I'll be using the BP Pro next time!
    I know I need to remove the round from the chamber also.
    I like the BP alot. I haven't quite got the "required" break-in rounds through it yet. I'm up to 400 or so now, and it's running really well.
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

  4. #49
    Ex Member Array fludy12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    I know I need to remove the round from the chamber also.
    I like the BP alot. I haven't quite got the "required" break-in rounds through it yet. I'm up to 400 or so now, and it's running really well.
    Well, if you take a Gunsite course with it, please let me know how it does. Drop me a PM even... I'm sure you'll have the opportunity before I will!

    I really hate living somewhere only for a job... But it's a good one, I guess...

  5. #50
    Member Array BillR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by fludy12 View Post
    Well, if you take a Gunsite course with it, please let me know how it does. Drop me a PM even... I'm sure you'll have the opportunity before I will!

    I really hate living somewhere only for a job... But it's a good one, I guess...
    I'm pretty sure you'll be doing Gunsite before I will. $1300? I'd be in the doghouse for a LONG time!
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

  6. #51
    Ex Member Array fludy12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'll be doing Gunsite before I will. $1300? I'd be in the doghouse for a LONG time!
    Great googly moogly!! They've changed their pricing structure since my course in 2004. Look at the last class for AZ CCW. It's $100, but only one day. When I took it, it was two full days and the first day ended with a dinner break followed by a night shooting portion. I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but it was under $200. And remember, those prices include ZERO supplies, ammo, etc. You have to bring it all.

    But, I had a fun time...

  7. #52
    Member Array BillR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by fludy12 View Post
    Great googly moogly!! They've changed their pricing structure since my course in 2004. Look at the last class for AZ CCW. It's $100, but only one day. When I took it, it was two full days and the first day ended with a dinner break followed by a night shooting portion. I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but it was under $200. And remember, those prices include ZERO supplies, ammo, etc. You have to bring it all.

    But, I had a fun time...
    $200 is do-able; $1300 would get my berries lopped off!
    Know anyplace else?
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

  8. #53
    Ex Member Array fludy12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    $200 is do-able; $1300 would get my berries lopped off!
    Know anyplace else?
    I'm sure there are other ranges for basic CCW training, but the Gunsite experience was worth it!

    Looks like they now know it and are charging a premium price for it. Even when I was there, the "pro shop" pricing was...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Going to the gunshop tomorrow......
    By Doc Holliday in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: March 1st, 2009, 08:47 AM
  2. My gunshop was broken into
    By merlin45k in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 15th, 2008, 07:36 PM
  3. No CCW Sign at a gunshop
    By bluesteel in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: February 15th, 2008, 05:06 PM
  4. My gunshop got me again!!
    By flagflyfish in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 29th, 2007, 02:35 AM
  5. ND at gunshop and CCW for customers.
    By Superhouse 15 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Search tags for this page

a sign in the front window of a store saying please remove your ski mask

Click on a term to search for related topics.