Another anti-gun business

This is a discussion on Another anti-gun business within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've written several times on this forum stating I've not run across one "no firearms sign" anywhere in this town except for government buildings. I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another anti-gun business

VIP Member

Another anti-gun business

I've written several times on this forum stating I've not run across one "no firearms sign" anywhere in this town except for government buildings. I'm really not even acustom to looking for them.
    I was doing some work in a strip mall type place yesterday. I had to go into each store ( there were 4 of them ). I walked into the American General Financial Company and was in there about 5 minutes ( armed ), then noticed the sign on the door as I was walking out. It really took me by surprised. In Ky they can only ask me to leave. ( gotta love it ).
    I could'nt say anything at the time because of my work. Tomorrow I have the day off and I'm going to call them. I guess I'll start with the local store here and then call the corperate office if I have to.
    It surprised me just how insulted I was. I'm a law abiding citizen and I felt they were telling me they dont trust me. Like "you're not welcome here". I'll keep ya posted on what progress I have. We may have another company to avoid.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    I've written several times on this forum stating I've not run across one "no firearms sign" anywhere in this town except for government buildings. I'm really not even acustom to looking for them.
    I was doing some work in a strip mall type place yesterday. I had to go into each store ( there were 4 of them ). I walked into the American General Financial Company and was in there about 5 minutes ( armed ), then noticed the sign on the door as I was walking out. It really took me by surprised. In Ky they can only ask me to leave. ( gotta love it ).
    I could'nt say anything at the time because of my work. Tomorrow I have the day off and I'm going to call them. I guess I'll start with the local store here and then call the corperate office if I have to.
    It surprised me just how insulted I was. I'm a law abiding citizen and I felt they were telling me they dont trust me. Like "you're not welcome here". I'll keep ya posted on what progress I have. We may have another company to avoid.
    Isn't that one of those "high interest" loan places that charges people with weak credit outrageously to borrow money? If it is, maybe that's why they're afraid of guns...

Quote Originally Posted by teknoid View Post
    Isn't that one of those "high interest" loan places that charges people with weak credit outrageously to borrow money? If it is, maybe that's why they're afraid of guns...

It is and they are.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

VIP Member
    Yes I believe thats what it is. I'm gonna have to tell them "You wont get my business unless you take that sign down". Little do they know, they wouldnt get my business if I were reduced to eating dog biscuits.

Kudo's to Caseys

Just over a week ago I noticed the two local Casey's convenience stores had put up "No Firearms" signs. Since I nearly always bought my gas at one or the other as well as other items it p.o.ed me.

I sent an e-mail to the corporate office and told them I was taking my business elsewhere and told them how counter productive and silly I thought such signs were.

Of course I did not even expect a reply. Surprise! The very next weekend I received a reply asking for the address of the two stores which I sent.

The following day I received an e-mail saying the signs were being removed "immediately". I got in the car and drove by one of the stores and, sure enough, the sign was gone.

I suggest we all patronize Casey's.

As a side note, the Casey's manager who responded told me that my county, Ellis County, Kansas, was "urging" businesses to put up the no firearms signs. I want to look into this but she did not say if it was the Sheriff, or county comminion or who was "Ellis County."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    Just over a week ago I noticed the two local Casey's convenience stores had put up "No Firearms" signs. Since I nearly always bought my gas at one or the other as well as other items it p.o.ed me.

I sent an e-mail to the corporate office and told them I was taking my business elsewhere and told them how counter productive and silly I thought such signs were.

Of course I did not even expect a reply. Surprise! The very next weekend I received a reply asking for the address of the two stores which I sent.

The following day I received an e-mail saying the signs were being removed "immediately". I got in the car and drove by one of the stores and, sure enough, the sign was gone.

I suggest we all patronize Casey's.

As a side note, the Casey's manager who responded told me that my county, Ellis County, Kansas, was "urging" businesses to put up the no firearms signs. I want to look into this but she did not say if it was the Sheriff, or county comminion or who was "Ellis County."
    Good for you.
    I ended up having to work today so didnt get the chance to call American General. Maybe I'll try to get an email addy first....

A resturant I frequent , had a no gun sign posted.. They got robbed, the owner got a CPL and removed the sign. They have great food but I can't afford to go to resturants much any more but my Son takes me there when he visits.

It is to bad that some people have to learn the hard way.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    My bank posted and I opened an account at another bank the same day. I let them know and they didn't even bother responding to me.

It's surprisingly insulting, eh?!
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    My bank posted and I opened an account at another bank the same day. I let them know and they didn't even bother responding to me.

It's surprisingly insulting, eh?!
    It was insulting to me too. I think what is most misunderstood is the fact that to get a carry permit, one has to pass a thorough background check. I guess people think if you carry a gun, you're liable to go off any minute.

VIP Member
    Our local COSTCO's just added signs however they carry no legal weight here so I went on in CCW.

My friend wrote them and their reply was basically, if you don't like it, we will refund your membership!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Our local COSTCO's just added signs however they carry no legal weight here so I went on in CCW.

My friend wrote them and their reply was basically, if you don't like it, we will refund your membership!
    WOW, really? Its ashame conceal carry is so misunderstood. ignorance..
    Hey lets get a concealed weapons permit so we can tuck a gun in our wasteband and rob a place. Unblelievable/

VIP Member
    I emailed American General Financial a week ago and got no reply. I got the day off today so I called the local office here. There was no manager to call but she asked if she could help. I went through the same questions ya here on this thread, you know, "Who is the sign intended to keep out?" "That piece of plastic isnt going to keep anyone out that intends on doing you harm" etc.
    The best response I got out of her ( or the most humorous ) was "The company is just rying to protect us. Us being a financial corperation , someone might loose their temper while in here"....
    I kept my cool and argued with a calm voice. I did'nt want to seem out of control.
    When I told her I wouldnt do business with a company that wouldnt allow me to protect myself, her response was " Well you dont have to come in , we can do business over the phone".. I laughed and said " you're missing the point" . I mean I, and alot of other people wont do business with you over the phone or anywhere because of this.". She said " I'm sorry you feel this way, this is the first complaint we've had." I told her it was the only business I know of in town that was posted. She thinks its a company policy..
    I asked to talk with someone higher up and she said if I left my name and number she'd have the district manager call me. I said no thanks , I'm not leaving my name and number. I dialed star *67 before I dialed...
    So it looks like an anti that is going to stay anti.....

I haven't seen a valid sign in quite a while. But then, there are some places I just don't shop. Just a feeling, I guess . . .

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

VIP Member
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I haven't seen a valid sign in quite a while. But then, there are some places I just don't shop. Just a feeling, I guess . . .

WOW ...that place scares me........
    I am going to get a letter together to send to the local company here. Maybe the manager will see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links