CHL Badges

This is a discussion on CHL Badges within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett If I could get one of those folding card thingys do you think it'd go well with my Roy Rogers ...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: CHL Badges

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    If I could get one of those folding card thingys do you think it'd go well with my Roy Rogers secret decoder ring?
    No... But it will clip onto a Batman cape.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hondov65 View Post
    I would consider wearing a badge if they were numbered controlled and mandadiated Federally.
    I think this is something Texas is considering for the open carry proposal and backed by Gov Rick Perry.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

I would consider wearing a badge if they were numbered controlled and mandadiated Federally.
    And yet, CHL cards are already numbered, controlled and issued by each state. A "badge" isn't sufficiently different in nature that it would guard against negligent shootings where CHL's fail to do so; guard against mistaken identity at the time of inbound LEO's arriving and assessing the situation; guard against forgery by criminals to any degree beyond what's done now.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

from my understanding even out of uniform police are disarmed and detained untill their status and the situation can be verified.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

I would say that Mr. An made a few mistakes, the first was having that much cash in the register, second was chasing them out of the store and shooting up the neighborhood. the final nail in the coffin was pour muzzle control. Most likely he finally heard the police and turned around to see them, and as many inexperienced untrained citizens do, the gun pointing the way he was facing instead of in a safe direction. Its not that uncommon to see people do this at ranges (and rather unnerving when it happens)

if he had been trained a little better he probably wouldn't have missed as much either.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ill just revisit the thread once , and that is to state that i have been on both ends of this call . When i was the LE in question i promptly laid my gun on the ground and proned out . As a responding officer the only folks who i allow to stand are the folks i know personally ( proper uniforms excepted ) . You can have a neon sign strapped to your rear stating i am a cop with your cert number scrolling and i dont care . Your still going to lay down while we sort this out . Oh and the fella who comes over and puts cuffs on you may be a citizen , but he is one i know and trust you are not such a person and i can buy a badge online , ill sort out your hurt feelings later as well as giving offical thanks as needed on letterhead . For the call tho all a " badge " will get you is shot unless the responding officers know you . When the officers arrive promptly do what they say , you cant talk to them now anyway , and the sooner you comply the sooner you can give them info if you soo chose . The badge dont make you a good guy , the ccw permit dont make you a good guy , when the response arrives everyone who might have a weapon is a bad guy untill proven different . You dont like that well that is just tough , bucause the officers plan on going home every night too . Get rid of the gun , if you have not allready laid it down near well then just listen to the officers , they will explain how to do it in likely non pc language . Do exactly what they say or not ( not is at your own pearl ) . The officers involved dont want to be there in the first place , but one thing is sure . The paperwork involved in just shooting you out weighs the other options avalable ( i wont go home tonight ) . Just think about it a sec and you will either agree or disagree , but you will see that ccw badges , ccw this , ccw that really wont work in the scheme of LE response .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Obviously, the original poster on this blog, just doesn't get it. CCW is exactly that!! If everyone carried OC, then there would be no need for a badge. The whole purpose of CCW, is the element of surprise. Pure and simple.
    Hey Sarge, watch where you're pointing that keyboard!

I get it.

I'm not selling or endorsing this or any other product or idea (despite my [facetious] avatar). I am just initiating a discussion of a product that I found.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Folks that feel the need for a badge or some other visual recognition should join the police dept or the military. Sorry if that hurts the feelings of some of the gunshop commandos that frequent internet forums.

Concealed is just that. Always carry... never tell.
    225th SAC "Phantom Hawk" - US Army - Vietnam 1969-70

Quote Originally Posted by 173ABN View Post
    Mr. An would be alive today if he had not shot up the neighborhood chasing the BG's and stayed in his store.

Agreed. Tragic end to the story, but IMO once the BG's left the store the threat was no longer imminent. Time to holster the weapon. Running outside and shooting after them sounds more like retribution than self-protection.

Concealed Means Concealed

I'm not interested in anything, badge, id holder, whatever which advertises the fact that I am carrying a firearm. I have a license to carry a concealed firearm. Concealed means concealed.
    Religion won't prevent you from committing a sin. It will, however, prevent you from enjoying it as much as you'd like to.

Senior Moderator
    Bah, the badges / holders are too subtle.

I use this:

The great thing here is that you can leave the ID panels exposed for those times when you want to OC but can't because your state doesn't allow it.

(that was a joke, BTW)

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post

I use this:

The great thing here is that you can leave the ID panels exposed for those times when you want to OC but can't because your state doesn't allow it.

(that was a joke, BTW)

Matt
    Now that is something that can be seen. I just ordered mine.

And I thought those little badges were bad. Jebus.

There is no alternative - I don't require one, so I have no use for anything to notify the general populous that I'm armed.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post

I use this:

The pouch in the Op is no good for me since I don't have a Tennessee permit.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Links