CHL Badges

This is a discussion on CHL Badges within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dmorris68 It has also been said many times: LEO's don't respond to a shooting and look for badges -- bad guys can ...

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: CHL Badges

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    It has also been said many times: LEO's don't respond to a shooting and look for badges -- bad guys can easily get official looking badges too, the local pawn shops are overflowing with all kinds of badges that you can't read from more than 5-10 feet away. If they respond and see an unrecognized, excited individual with a gun who does not immediately stand down or convincingly identify themselves as good guys within about a fraction of a second, then they will quite likely shoot regardless of whether a badge is visible or not. There have been some undercover/off-duty officers shot on the job because responding patrol units didn't know they were LEO, and I'm sure they were identifying themselves as such.
    How many times have we seen reports that go something like this:

(Cops respond to a shooting)
    Guy with gun: Don't shoot, I'm a cop
    Cop: Put down the gun!
    GwG: I'm a cop!
    Cop: Put down the gun!
    GwG: It's ok, I'm a cop!
    Cop: I said put down the gun!
    GwG: I'm a cop!
    Cop: Bang!

There is a reason that when SWAT type units respond to a unit, they cuff up everyone that is inside, be you BG or hostage. You never know. Heck, I've even been told that if my SORT team comes in to rescue me if I've been taken hostage, to get my ass on the ground and not to move otherwise I might get mistaken for a bad guy and get shot.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    It has also been said many times: LEO's don't respond to a shooting and look for badges -- bad guys can easily get official looking badges too, the local pawn shops are overflowing with all kinds of badges that you can't read from more than 5-10 feet away. If they respond and see an unrecognized, excited individual with a gun who does not immediately stand down or convincingly identify themselves as good guys within about a fraction of a second, then they will quite likely shoot regardless of whether a badge is visible or not. There have been some undercover/off-duty officers shot on the job because responding patrol units didn't know they were LEO, and I'm sure they were identifying themselves as such.

I agree, I'm adamently against badges, or anything else that isn't defense related. I was just pointing out that if you flash a badge and still appear as if you are wishing harm on somebody, the badge isn't going to make a difference, you are going to be hurtin when they start punching holes in you.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by laeckcrov View Post
    I agree, I'm adamently against badges, or anything else that isn't defense related. I was just pointing out that if you flash a badge and still appear as if you are wishing harm on somebody, the badge isn't going to make a difference, you are going to be hurtin when they start punching holes in you.
    But.....but..... but....... couldn't you flash the badge in such a way that the light glinting off it would blind the bad guy?????

See! It is defense related!!!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

JD
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Well I think this thread has served it's purpose.

Badges are for LEOs and people in some official capacity.

This is getting locked but will remain a sticky so newer members will hopefully see it, read it, and come to the same conclusion.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Links