Yet another reason for campus carry..

This is a discussion on Yet another reason for campus carry.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As much as I fear for your safety, don't do anything rash. Like get a record from carrying illegal that will follow you through life....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another reason for campus carry..

As much as I fear for your safety, don't do anything rash. Like get a record from carrying illegal that will follow you through life.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    The scarry part is that this happened less than 800 feet from where I spend a majority of my days. My parent's didn't care one bit. That's the part that scared me.

I'm REALLY thinking about just getting a Kel-Tec and pocket carry, and not telling a soul. Disrespecting their wishes, yes, but it may very well save my life.

I'm liking the PF9, but it might be a bit big for pocket carry (I wear jeans nearly 365 days a year). However, a .380 is better than throwing my backpack.
    I am thinking about a PPK/s pocket carry. I haven't decided if I would carry on campus or not. I don't really wanna break the law--and you can probably imagine what would happen if someone found out I had it on campus.

"VT student is tackled by SWAT for carrying a concealed handgun on campus!"

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    As much as I fear for your safety, don't do anything rash. Like get a record from carrying illegal that will follow you through life.
    I'd still follow the law to the letter.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Don't be stupid, follow the law.

That being said, UC has been a mess for decades, and it probably always will be. I got my first degree there in the evening college, and I knew several students who were robbed/attacked. Some packed illegally (this was during the early 90s, so there was no CCW in OH), others carried mace, batons, knives, or whatever. I later worked the night shift as an ER nurse at University Hospital and I can assure you that there are plenty of violent acts on campus. That campus is not secure--no college campus really is. I would definitely not be surprised if a Va Tech-type incident would happen there.

Quote Originally Posted by eprn View Post
    Don't be stupid, follow the law.

That being said, UC has been a mess for decades, and it probably always will be. I got my first degree there in the evening college, and I knew several students who were robbed/attacked. Some packed illegally (this was during the early 90s, so there was no CCW in OH), others carried mace, batons, knives, or whatever. I later worked the night shift as an ER nurse at University Hospital and I can assure you that there are plenty of violent acts on campus. That campus is not secure--no college campus really is. I would definitely not be surprised if a Va Tech-type incident would happen there.
    Yup. Trust me, I follow the law. I'm just working on trying to CHANGE the law.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

It can happen anywhere at anytime.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    My jaw dropped when I got home.

"We read it, but no handguns in our house. When you get your own place fine, but not here."
    They're willing enough for you to be less safe and have little practical ability to protect yourself, so they can hold their position, irrational though it is. If they cannot follow the logic, and you're unable to convince them of the rationale via your conviction and factual persuasion, you're out. In the end, it's their home. They'll have to live with it and it will remain their problem. But you don't have to be at risk because of it. Be strong. It's the best solution all around, probably, given the gravity of the issue.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It is still too soon for the lawsuits from V-Tech to have a chance to start coming in. Too early to tell what fall out V-Tech has yet to play out.

If NO lawsuits come against V-Tech, I will be surprised. Not Shocked... but somewhat surprised.

I'm still waiting.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Agreed Barn'N...^^

It's too soon.
    Attorney need time to develop the case, collect facts, and figure out how much money is realistic to suck from the defendants purse.
    IMHO the school dropped the ball at multiple points prior to the shooting and during the first shooting (victim #1 in her dorm room) when they assumed the killer had left campus because it must have been a domestic dispute and generally persons like that leave the scene...as reported in real time by the news at that time. I recall thinking and commenting to my wife that such an assumption seems to me to be completely stupid having as then reported no other clues or hint as to who did the shooting or exactly why.
    Just over an hour later the mass shooting began...

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links