I'd rather die than shoot anyone! - Page 2

I'd rather die than shoot anyone!

This is a discussion on I'd rather die than shoot anyone! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER Are people who choose to carry therefore genetically superior? Just remember that there are actually a good number of people that ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd rather die than shoot anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    Are people who choose to carry therefore genetically superior?
    Just remember that there are actually a good number of people that carry who do not believe that they could take a human life. To me that is like working in a slaughter house and being a vegan, just doesnt add up but they are out there
    Pierce

"Fear is what keeps you alive but panic is what kills you" - Leo

"At contact distances, if you can't shoot him, hit him...Nothing says 'TAP' can't be accomplished by smashing the magazine into his face." - Gomez

TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD

Honestly I probably wouldn't carry a gun if the BG's didn't....but that aint real huh?

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Wow, that is taking, "Turn the other cheek" to the extreme. I don't understand how people can feel this way.
    Something my granddad told my dad--who later told me--when my dad had been "picked on" at school he turned the other cheek. He was so excited that he controlled his anger that he went home and told my granddad what happened. My granddad got angry and told my dad: "You start running out of cheeks."

Turning the other cheek is fine, but there is a line that, if crossed, should be dealt with in kind.

VIP Member
    "I'd rather die than shoot anyone!" The most comforting words any perpetrator of violent crime can hear!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Me and mine are to important to me to let some low life peice of crap take them away from me or me away from them this is total liberal non-sense and this is why people follow these idiots they think all is right with the world and that the police will save us from the bad guy it aint gonna happen my friends and i wont be standing next to these people any time soon.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

"Natural Selection" selects the one with traits better suited for survival. Are people who choose to carry therefore genetically superior?
    I guess history will be the judge of that. I would say yes--if carrying improves your chances of survival then the people that are smart enough to carry will survive--passing their "genetically superior" genes on.

So the logic is as follows...If sheepdogs (us) are superior to the sheep (sheeple), than the wolves (BGs) are superior to us. We need a different paradigm.

If carrying a gun enables us to survive and pass on our genes, then th posibility exists for weaker genes to be passed on, therefore guns cancel out "Natural Selection". It now has nothing to do with genetics because a weapon is the great equalizer. We kill the lion, the old lady kills the strong man...finally, Darwinism is dead!!!
    Last edited by HOLYROLLER; May 28th, 2007 at 12:34 AM.

This kind of people are also the ones that think the Police should put themselves in the line of fire to protect them.

If they call 911, they complain (if they are still alive) that the police didn't respond fast enough.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    If they would rather die than fight back, that is fine with me. Their life, hope they never face danger.

Now if they try to force such logic when it involves my life I am sorry no deal.

That right there is the difference between us and them. You do not see us going out and forcing people to buy guns and shoot BGs, but they keep trying to force us to disarm, and be like them. Or rather they try to force the government to do as such. That way no blood is ever on their hands, and they helped make everybody "feel safer"
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Fine with me. Less sheep going baaa, and less idiots in the gene pool.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

So the logic is as follows...If sheepdogs (us) are superior to the sheep (sheeple), than the wolves (BGs) are superior to us. We need a different paradigm.

If carrying a gun enables us to survive and pass on our genes, then th posibility exists for weaker genes to be passed on, therefore guns cancel out "Natural Selection". It now has nothing to do with genetics because a weapon is the great equalizer. We kill the lion, the old lady kills the strong man...finally, Darwinism is dead!!!
    Well put...its not just darwinism....its more like existentialism.

Senior Moderator
    I guess my response to that kind of thinking (i.e. the "I'd rather die" mentality) is that dying is the easy part.

It's much easier to die for a cause then it is to live for one and it's certainly much easier to die than to live with some trauma.

But the fact that some people don't seem to realize is that sometimes, YOU DON'T DIE! And you are forced to live with something that will haunt you and torment you for weeks, months, years, possibly until you DO die.

These people who say they'd rather die than kill anyone. Have they ever considered what it would be like to live after an intruder has come in and killed every single one of their family members but themselves? Have they considered what it would be like to live with that trauma for the rest of their life? That their family is dead but they are alive because they chose the life of a criminal over the lives of their family?

What of the individual who says, "I'd rather die than hurt anyone" and is kidnapped and slowly tortured and raped but allowed and left to live with the memories of what happened for the rest of their life, possibly to never trust again, to never fully understand an intimate moment without fear or memories plaguing them every step of the way?

Death is final and rather easy to accept when the choice is between it and something worse.

Often people will stand strong in the face of death but when faced with living with the torture or death of someone they love they will buckle. It's been used time and time again as a great incentive to get stubborn people to talk in forceful interviews.

The people who make those kinds of statements, I believe, don't truly grasp the fact that there is such a thing as a fate worse than death and saying, "I'd rather die than hurt someone," is blindly and ignorantly ignoring that fact.

Those of us who do carry to defend ourselves don't desire to hurt anyone and we certainly don't WANT to kill anyone, but we'd much rather not die and we'd most defiantly not want to let some wack-job destroy our quality of life to the point that we wished we were dead. We aren't necessarily defending ourselves from death, but also from that fate worse than death.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar

Then why do they carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Teak View Post
    Just remember that there are actually a good number of people that carry who do not believe that they could take a human life. To me that is like working in a slaughter house and being a vegan, just doesn't add up but they are out there
    Why do those people carry if they are not going to use their weapon?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    We know there are all kinds of people in this world, and it doesn't surprise me one bit, that there are those who would rather die than hurt someone else. Even if that person has hurt them or their loved ones. I got one thing to say to those who have that type of mentality...
    "It's your funeral."

I have no pity for those who choose not to defend themselves.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

JD
    Administrator

Dejavu...

A simialr discussion took place HERE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links