I'd rather die than shoot anyone! - Page 4

I'd rather die than shoot anyone!

This is a discussion on I'd rather die than shoot anyone! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is the way I look at it: The Pope has a bullet proof car and body guards. If he isn't in a hurry to ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'd rather die than shoot anyone!

Here is the way I look at it:

The Pope has a bullet proof car and body guards.

If he isn't in a hurry to get to heaven then the rest of us shouldn't be either.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

VIP Member
    I thought I posted to this before.
    Anyway, this idea isn't a big deal, probably most are trying to be politically correct for their public who ever that is.
    As for the deputy that won't carry a gun, maybe he thinks he is in Mayberry, NC

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I cannot imagine....even if I was myself willing to die... letting a loved one be harmed by a BG.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't what Jesus was talking about when he said to "turn the other cheek."
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Assistant Administrator
    I wonder what life insurance companies would do it they found our that their policy holders had that mindset.
    Interesting point George - certainly not one I had considered. Not sure at all what they might think about it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Interesting point George - certainly not one I had considered. Not sure at all what they might think about it.
    Chris, I often have answers for questions nobody is asking. Seriously, I tend, at times, to look at things from the oddest angles. The poster who mentioned medical and auto insurance sent my thinking off in that angle. I would be interesting to find out what the insurance companies' reaction might be. During my days off this summer I may ask some. You won't know till you ask.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

"They insisted however that they could never shoot or hurt anyone else - and would rather just ''take it''."

i know people like that. Never been able to get one of them to change their mind.

But yet this is what they are teaching kids in public schools. Cower down and hide maybe even act dead and they will just leave you alone. Ask the killer please not to kill you. But by all means do not do anything that could cause harm to yourself (like trying to protect yourself) and don't forget to bow down to Al Gore.

This is what they preach.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    This is the type of person I want to take with me into bear country, they will saciface themselves so I can live another day, how kind of them.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Hey, then let'em.

Not me.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Everyone lives their life the way they see fit. That way is certainly not my way, but all the power to them. Hopefully that person never has to deal with a situation that calls for a life or death choice. If it ever does happen, I hope they make the right choice.

I've met many people along the same lines and some I have seen fall, some I have seen stand. No one knows whether or not they can swim until they get thrown into the deep end....
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Teak View Post
    My friend that is a question for the ages, but I do know two or three of them. I used to work with a guy at the pd that had the same stance. I can even go on further, I know a Sheriff Deputy that REFUSES to carry a gun!
    when I went to TDI to get some more advanced training, the first thing they went over is mindset. One of the training tools they used was a video of a former female LEO who had that mindset. She was one who had vowed to never draw her gun and shoot anyone. The video was her on the witness stand at the perp's trial trying to tell her story through her tears about how the perp shot her and made her a paraplegic. The lesson? If you don't have the mindset that you are going to do whatever it takes to win, then you have already lost.

whw
    It is so unsettling for some people to consider a life or death situation that they just choose to ignore the situation completely. They are so scared, they can't bring themselves to the point of contemplating their reaction when attacked.

Their kind rely on people like us. Hope we are around when they need help.

whw

VIP Member

I would rather die than shoot anyone!

I just wish those folks would wear a sign that says so. That way I won't feel as if I need to help them when they are under attack.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Chris, sorry I just got around to reading your thread here.

I too have run into people like this and sad to say but, much like in the wild, they tend to be "culled from the herd" so to speak. The scum out there know what these folks look like, how they carry themselves and they can spot them a mile away. They are usually the first ones attacked and often they are injured or killed.

I read an article once many years ago that had an interview in it with a man who was doing life without parole for murdering someone just like this. The murder happened because after robbing his victim, the felon was so mad about the fact that the man would not stand up for himself in any way and in fact cowered like, in his words, "a little girl" he just slashed his throat because he (the felon) didn't think the coward deserved to live.

Sad, but it happens. It isn't going to happen to me or mine though because I do not, in any way share that mind set. I will do whatever it takes to protect my life and the lives of my family as I am sure most of you would too.

To a certain extent, people like this disgust me too. To not stand up for yourself and just "take it" as they said is an affront to the gift that our lives are.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Actually I know folks like that. They do not cower or are they cowards. They simply do not intend to take the life of another human. That is their decision, and I have no criticism if that is their belief. They had rather die than suffer the emotional trauma that results from taking a life.

No, they do not get culled.
    They have their own moral values, and the vast majority will never have to make that decision anyway.

I often see a disdain, within the forums, for someone who thinks differently than the gun folks. Many are brave people, some combat veterans or LEOs who have been through the fire, and have decided that they do not need to carry a gun. Carrying a gun has nothing to do with bravery.

Some former combat vets might take offense at calling them sheeple or sheep. In fact some might alter one's dental condition.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links