I'd rather die than shoot anyone! - Page 5

I'd rather die than shoot anyone!

This is a discussion on I'd rather die than shoot anyone! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by flagflyfish I was suprised how many people feel that way in northern Az.! As for me, I will defend myself, let natural ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'd rather die than shoot anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    I was suprised how many people feel that way in northern Az.! As for me, I will defend myself, let natural selection take it's course. I like P95's signature, it sums it up nicely!
    Isn't THAT the truth?
    There are WAY too many "greenies" and hippies around here, and that's their feelings exactly. That's why Harold Fish was convicted of murder, plain and simple. THAT IS the jury pool in this area.
    Pass the chlorine, please...
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    To a certain extent, people like this disgust me too. To not stand up for yourself and just "take it" as they said is an affront to the gift that our lives are.
    GREAT quote!
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Senior Moderator
    I'd rather die than shoot anyone!
    Some people are only born to serve as cannon fodder.

Nothing new there...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member

They have seen the elephant

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Actually I know folks like that. They do not cower or are they cowards. They simply do not intend to take the life of another human. That is their decision, and I have no criticism if that is their belief. They had rather die than suffer the emotional trauma that results from taking a life.

No, they do not get culled.
    They have their own moral values, and the vast majority will never have to make that decision anyway.

I often see a disdain, within the forums, for someone who thinks differently than the gun folks. Many are brave people, some combat veterans or LEOs who have been through the fire, and have decided that they do not need to carry a gun. Carrying a gun has nothing to do with bravery.

Some former combat vets might take offense at calling them sheeple or sheep. In fact some might alter one's dental condition.

Regards,
    Jerry
    And those people have seen the elephant and made their decision based upon experience. The others, I am not quite sure of.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

My opinion

Just for a bit of background Iím 6-4 284#. Played football in high school and collage, and semi-pro rugby after that. Iím a card carrying Republican some place to the right of Rush Limbaugh. Iím definitely not a coward and ZI doubt I look like a victim. BUT. Iím against the death penalty. Not because BG donít necessarily deserve to die, but because somebody has to pull the switch and I donít like that thought for or about any person having to do that. Iíll run like hell from any physical confrontation. Hide like a coward if necessary. BUT, again, if an innocent person or loved one faces certain death or serious harm or Iím cornered with no place to go, then Iíll have no qualms about emptying my 45 into the person or persons needing an attitude adjustment. There are persons Iíd rather die for. My wife, my kids, others in my family. But Iíd rather not die for the BG's amusement thank you.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Just for a bit of background Iím 6-4 284#. Played football in high school and collage, and semi-pro rugby after that. Iím a card carrying Republican some place to the right of Rush Limbaugh. Iím definitely not a coward and ZI doubt I look like a victim. BUT. Iím against the death penalty. Not because BG donít necessarily deserve to die, but because somebody has to pull the switch and I donít like that thought for or about any person having to do that. Iíll run like hell from any physical confrontation. Hide like a coward if necessary. BUT, again, if an innocent person or loved one faces certain death or serious harm or Iím cornered with no place to go, then Iíll have no qualms about emptying my 45 into the person or persons needing an attitude adjustment. There are persons Iíd rather die for. My wife, my kids, others in my family. But Iíd rather not die for the BG's amusement thank you.
    Hi Maverickx50,
    I sure could not argue with your position.
    I also admit I would not be willing to fight you about it. :):)
    Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Actually I know folks like that. They do not cower or are they cowards. They simply do not intend to take the life of another human. That is their decision, and I have no criticism if that is their belief. They had rather die than suffer the emotional trauma that results from taking a life.

No, they do not get culled.
    They have their own moral values, and the vast majority will never have to make that decision anyway.

I often see a disdain, within the forums, for someone who thinks differently than the gun folks. Many are brave people, some combat veterans or LEOs who have been through the fire, and have decided that they do not need to carry a gun. Carrying a gun has nothing to do with bravery.

Some former combat vets might take offense at calling them sheeple or sheep. In fact some might alter one's dental condition.

Regards,
    Jerry
    There are exception to every rule Jerry. But in my experience these types are in fact generally cowards for a variety of reasons.

Someone who has gone through combat and come away from the experience with shell shock or some other mental condition has my sympathy, and to an extent, my disdain. I am a combat vet. I was fired on and I fired back. I lived, they did not and I saw what a 25mm round will do to the human body. I fired those rounds. It was disturbing but I do not sit and cower at the sound of thunder or a car backfire. I do not have nightmares. People who let that kind of experience ruin the rest of their lives were never right for that profession in the first place and the blame falls partly on the military for not weeding them out and partly on them for going through with joining.
    That might be harsh but it is the way I feel, I hope I have not offended anyone with my views.
    But, to just take it is in my estimation most surely unjustifiable especially if one has been in combat and already knows what to do.

Sorry if you don't like that but I say what I think and feel and that is how I feel. If that bothers you, please, just skip my posts. I'm not trying to offend anyone, this just happens to be a subject that I feel VERY, VERY strongly about, especially on Memorial Day. I hat to think of all my fellow vets who have laid down their lives so we could live free just to have some people surrender their property or lives with out a fight to the scum that walk among us. That disgusts me.

If there are combat vets who feel the way you describe then I suggest they go live by themselves on a mountain in Montana or Idaho where they can never have the chance to be put in a situation where they have to decide to defend themselves of be slaughtered by a punk with a switchblade.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I blame this attitude, partially on the mis-interpretation of the Ten commandments.

When some poor ignorant slob translated the Hebrew for "Thou shallt not murder" into "Thou shallt not kill."

Senior Moderator
    Im with ya on that one Sigp239.
    Well said.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Hi Sig,
    It OK, it does not make any difference to me how you feel about it.

As to, "If there are combat vets who feel the way you describe then I suggest they go live by themselves on a mountain in Montana or Idaho where they can never have the chance to be put in a situation where they have to decide to defend themselves of be slaughtered by a punk with a switchblade."
    I guess they will live where they desire to live without anyone's permission, including yours.

Somehow they seem to get by without having to defend themselves from punks. Maybe they would be good at that even unarmed against a switchblade, but maybe not. In either case they live out their days as they please, without worrying what folks think about their attitude towards carrying a weapon.
    The discussion is not whether one would defend himself, but whether or not he would take a life. Don't get confused on that issue.

How many times have you had to defend yourself against a punk with a switchblade. Not that you couldn't but I bet you have never had to do that. Maybe I am incorrect, but I admit I have never had to defend myself against any kind of attack in the US. So a punk with a switchblade does not seem to be a threat numbers wise, unless of course one hangs around those types of neighborhoods and areas.
    Personally, I have no need or desire to frequent those places.
    Am I just lucky?

Anyway each can do as he pleases in that regard.

Best,
    Jerry

I have never had to defend myself from a punk with a switchblade. But, I have had to defend my Mother in Law from a punk with a fillet knife. here is the story:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=24390

And, I don't presume to think that anyone needs my permission to live anywhere.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    I have never had to defend myself from a punk with a switchblade. But, I have had to defend my Mother in Law from a punk with a fillet knife. here is the story:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=24390

And, I don't presume to think that anyone needs my permission to live anywhere.
    Glad it turned out well, and I don't blame her for getting a CHL. My own recommendation is that everyone should seriously consider getting one, and carrying.

The stop and rob gas stations/convenience stores are maybe the most dangerous places around, especially if one works there. That is a place where I would want several guns stashed around. Unfortunately some of them prohibit that.

Anyway, nothing else to say from my point of view, and nothing personal.
    Have a good day.

Jerry

Senior Moderator
    So a punk with a switchblade does not seem to be a threat numbers wise, unless of course one hangs around those types of neighborhoods and areas.
    Personally, I have no need or desire to frequent those places.
    Spoken like a like someone beleives that it cant happen to them.
    Stay out of bad places with bad people and nothing will ever happen.
    or so the though process goes...

Unfortunately its not that easy. Bad things happen to good people in nice places. The number of people with switchblades is irrelevant if you've got one standing in front of you wanting your stuff.

Am I just lucky?
    So far.
    Letting yout guard down in places where you think trouble shouldnt happen can get you in trouble eventually.
    I think you need to rethink your doctrine a bit.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

You too Jerry.

Happy Memorial Day to you and yours.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I wonder if they would hold to that when lying on the ground, with their life force pouring out. Would their last thought be, "OMG, I'm dying because some low life decided to take my life for no reason. I'm happy it is me leaving my family alone and not him."
    OR would they be thinking, "I wish I had fought for MY life, because my life had just as much, if not more, value as the scum that took it. I should have fought back for my family's sake if not mine."
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links