Inaugural trip to Wally World!! - Page 2

Inaugural trip to Wally World!!

This is a discussion on Inaugural trip to Wally World!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey, you got-er-dun and didn't have to choke down those awful nachos. Good job. Congrats....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey, you got-er-dun and didn't have to choke down those awful nachos. Good job. Congrats.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Used to be the same way. Now, over a year later, I do not even think about it. In fact the other night took the wife and son to dinner at a local Italian eatery. When we pulled up it seems this was the place to eat for all the local PD to eat on this night. I did not even think twice about it. Just strolled up and went right through the middle of 10-12 PD's standing at the front door. Once inside my son asked me if I was worried they would notice I was carrying. I just said I did not even think about it...I would have probably freaked out a year ago...
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Nice job! But, next time, buy some ammo!
    My wife is starting to *hate* wallyworld. Every time we go I just HAVE to pick up 3 boxes of WWB! :)

Thanks!
    Greg

Senior Moderator
    Congrates on the permit. I remember my first night out being armed. I remember being pretty comfortable but also looking around to see if anyone was looking at me.

Now you need to get your wife to carry.

Congrats! My first trip wasn't that long ago. I remember it well.
    (and the nachos aren't THAT bad...)
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Senior Moderator
    Congrats
    You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Gets better Fast
    congrats
    When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

Congarts and welcome!! Steve48

One does get so nonchalant about carrying a weapon that it can slip one's mind at times.

Example:

Last Summer, I had spend to spend a number of long hours at the bike shop for maintenance on my Wing. I was wearing a T shirt under a flannel shirt that was not tucked in. It hides the equipment real good. At one point I got so warm, I, totally unthinking, took off the flannel shirt and hung it over one of the display bikes. People passed my by as they left the store with their purchases, or as they moved down the bike laden aisles, sitting on the various bikes. It was a few minutes later that one of the guys working there, who carries a Kel-Tec nine on him, motioned to me, pointing down to my sides. I had totally forgotten I was carrying. My Commander and the Defender on the other hip were in plain sight. I grabbed that flannel shirt in a hurry and put it back on.

Nobody, except a boy who looked to be about 10 or so had noticed anything unusual. The boy kept his eye on me the whole time his parents were in that store. I have the feeling he thought I was a cop.

Anyway, that's how used to carrying one can get. Totally forgetting oneself. And - no, we don't have silly a "printing" law in my state. Actually, there is no stated law about open carry. I wouldn't try the latter, though.

Congrats, and in Denver nonetheless.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedicRogers View Post
    We made a complete lap around the store, Picked out my daughters first bicycle off the top rack with confidence that no one could see my weapon, and finished out my trip with new cover polo. Sorry guys, No nachos or Mc Ds for us, we were heading home for a BBQ.

Don't ever apologize for turning down nachos and McDonald's because you're going home for real barbecue!!

I did the same thing my first day. I had that same voice (cept no wife)

That voice isnt as loud anymore, instead replaced by greater situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Don't ever apologize for turning down nachos and McDonald's because you're going home for real barbecue!!
    That's the only part of the story that baffled me...

"real" barbeque? In CO????

Just kiddin'. The KC migration landed a LOT of good BBQ up that way. But, I still gotta have my NC sauce!
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Am I the only one here who hasn't been to a Wal-Mart since even obtaining a CCDW (in KY) permit? I just don't care for the atmosphere of the local Wal-Mart (which isn't intended as a slam on Wal-Mart patrons in general; I just don't care for the one store nearest me).

I've carried in Kroger, Target, a movie theater, a video game shop, more than one mall, when walking down a major road, to various resturaunts (but no 'bars') and to the homes of various friends and relatives. I've gone out of the city and even out of the state (directly to a state with reciprocity with my permit, and within legal carry boundaries within that state), but I've not so much as set foot in a Wal-Mart store since carrying a concealed deadly weapon.

Am I still considered a virgin or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensio View Post
    Am I the only one here who hasn't been to a Wal-Mart since even obtaining a CCDW (in KY) permit? I just don't care for the atmosphere of the local Wal-Mart (which isn't intended as a slam on Wal-Mart patrons in general; I just don't care for the one store nearest me).

I've carried in Kroger, Target, a movie theater, a video game shop, more than one mall, when walking down a major road, to various resturaunts (but no 'bars') and to the homes of various friends and relatives. I've gone out of the city and even out of the state (directly to a state with reciprocity with my permit, and within legal carry boundaries within that state), but I've not so much as set foot in a Wal-Mart store since carrying a concealed deadly weapon.

Am I still considered a virgin or something?
    YES! :P

No im just kidding. I was just told to do that by another CCW holder as an initiation. Im sure he picked it up somewhere too.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."--Sigmund Freud

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links