Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt

This is a discussion on Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 Lima...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt

me
    +1 Lima
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

2. Remove Ads

I have a Glock jacket that my wife got me for Christmas a couple years ago. I wear that sometimes when I feel like advertising my 2nd Amendment rights. Every now and then I get in this... mood, I guess you could say. I get a little fed up with all the gun-fearing wussies and anti-gunners and throw on my Glock jacket. Not long after I got it, I walked into a gas station (carrying my Glock underneath, of course), and a police officer was hanging out talking to the clerk. As I was paying for my stuff, he asked me about my jacket. We had a great conversation about Glocks and guns in general. He was carrying a Glock 22, and said he really liked the reliability and accuracy, but liked his personal Sig better. Never did ask me if I was carrying.

Other than that officer, I haven't had any other comments about the jacket.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    I run a dry cleaners in my off time (I teach computer science at a local university for my regular job). One of my customers teaches criminal justice at OSU (Oklahoma State); I sometimes see him wearing a "Glock Perfection" hat. Now I pretty much know he carries at least some of the time; he and I being 2 college professors that do. And I know this discussion is more about shirts -- but I have also seen him wearing a "Got Glock" shirt!

It isn't something I would do, but I don't see it as problematic for the most part. I suppose if you shot someone while wearing a "Got Glock" shirt some defense attorney might try to use that against you -- but I doubt they would get anywhere except in some really anti-gun locale. Lord knows that isn't here (heck, we honor ANY states' concealed carry permit!)

I think a lot depends on a person's attitude of being proactive or reactive. You can be proactive by your personal demeanor, situational awareness, attitude, and leave the impression of being the type of person that can take care of themselves. A strong 'presence' if you will. You can also give the impression of just being another person going about their normal lives, not that there is anything wrong with that. Years ago when I worked in security and LE, a lot of crime prevention was based on presence. If you made yourself "visible", it tended to have less crime. Or you could stay in a stealth mode, reactive, and play "gotcha," which doesn't prevent the crime, but deals with it after the fact.

If you look at a LEO in uniform, they are showing that they are "armed," yet, most BG are not going to do anything to them or in front of them, because of their "presence or visibility." Most BG, I don't feel are going to go after someone that might fight or shoot back; not that it can't happen but most are after an easy mark.

As far as following you home, if you are truly aware of what is going on around you, you should notice that you are being followed and take appropriate measures.

If wearing a gun-ad shirt or hat, you might also meet other gun-friendly folks and develop a friendship that could last a lifetime.

No right or wrong, just a matter of perspective, IMHO.

Doesn't matter what you are wearing if you walk tall and retain situational awareness, the BGs will avoid you if you appear assertive and alert.
    If you are meek and distracted then the Glock shirt might make things worse but I doubt it, it is more likely to simply lead to interesting conversations and little else.

There is absolutly no harm in wearing one, we at my shop are given these things constantly i wear them and i carry the only people who even notice are.
    1. other shooters
    2. My LEO friends cuz i didnt give them some
    3. some one who is looking for a reason to blame our firearms and the use of them for all the woes in the world.
    I open carry as well as concealed all the time alot of times both at once. its like wearing a ford shirt and driving a ford dont mean nothing.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Concealed means Concealed........
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    This is the same reason I also don't put NRA or firearm related stickers on my car. You never know who will follow you home to make a note to come back at a later date when you are out to search your house for guns.
    +++1 ! I agree completely, no gun related stickers on my vehicle as well. It's my business that I carry a gun, it's on a need to know basis, most don't need to know.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Quote Originally Posted by enigmaone View Post
    Concealed means Concealed........
    So what does that have to do with wearing a Tshirt?? If the guy was cc'ing, he wasn't telling/showing anybody by wearing a shirt with Glock on it.

So let me ask this...all you vets out there and active duty....do you wear any shirts or hats that have to do with your branch of service?? What is the difference in wearing a shirt that says Navy, when I'm not in the Navy anymore...but I was, and I was proud of it, so I occasionally wear a shirt that says Navy across the chest....does that make me stick out too much?
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Quote Originally Posted by HnKuspDude View Post
    So what does that have to do with wearing a Tshirt?? If the guy was cc'ing, he wasn't telling/showing anybody by wearing a shirt with Glock on it.

So let me ask this...all you vets out there and active duty....do you wear any shirts or hats that have to do with your branch of service?? What is the difference in wearing a shirt that says Navy, when I'm not in the Navy anymore...but I was, and I was proud of it, so I occasionally wear a shirt that says Navy across the chest....does that make me stick out too much?
    I don't. The less you do to make yourself a target and attract attention to yourself the better off you are IMHO.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I'm under the persuasion of... It's just a shirt.

HMMMM... I wonder how they deduced that. But notice that they asked, because just wearing a hat or a shirt does not automatically make it true.
    Yup, I like to switch up, wear my HK shirt, then really fool em and carry my 1911 Springer.
    I have worn my 5.11 ball cap(says "tactical series"), at work and never had anyone look at me twice. I think, if anything, a BG would think twice after seeing the shirt advertising guns , if they do read it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I agree that it may be foolish to wear a T-shirt like that and NOT be carrying. But, as some have said, I doubt that 90% of the people this guy came in contact with even noticed his shirt.

I carry openly a great deal of the time here in West Tennessee, even in Memphis and honestly, as far as I can tell, nearly 100% of the people I come in contact with never notice the gun.

I carried a 5 gallon bucket of paint to my next door neighbors back yard for her Saturday and had my Glock 23 on in the Blackhawk Serps holster, no cover garment at all, wearing a white T-shirt and khaki 5.11 pants. There is no way that this black gun and black holster blended in to anything in any way. She walked next to me, on my right side, the side the gun was on, right there in my right hip. She never noticed it. I know because I told her she did a good job of not reacting to it and she didn't know what I was talking about. When she looked down and saw it, her eyes got as big a silver dollars and she was speechless that she had missed it.

She isn't anti gun, she was just shocked that she had not seen it at all. Most people live their lives in condition white.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    just got in from a trip to a grocery store, encountered at least 100-150 people from the time I got out of my car til I got back in my car

I counted.....had a total of 12 people make eye contact with me 12!!!(besides the cashier and the clerk at the deli); out of that 12 only 3 gave me a second look or stared at me for any length of time
    My deduction.....a lot of condition white and a lot of ; have no clue what is going on around them.

All this while wearing my desert digital Team Glock hat and my INFIDEL coyote brown tshirt
    I had 3 people actually notice my shirt and look at me for a couple of seconds

Now I don't think this is concrete evidece of my chances of being attacked by a scumbag, it just says how much people notice things. I think the majority of scumbags wouldn't care what my shirt said today. I think that I was wearing a shirt that said Amarillo Police Dept that could do one of 2 things: deter a criminal or make him think here's my change to off a cop.
    As for wearing a firearm branded shirt, the only effect I see is a anti giving me dirty looks. I think I'll be allright by being aware and giving the look of don't mess with me today.
    Last edited by 64zebra; May 28th, 2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: fat fingered typing
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Maybe he was doing a wash and took one of his dads shirts lol but seriously wearing a shirt now days has not as much meaning in this society. People see it and think oh he's just trying to get attention, its not like the shirt said i have a gun! and if it did im not sure to many people would care unless they actually saw a gun.

I like logo gear, but mostly wear it around the house, at the range, or on fishing trips.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links