Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt

This is a discussion on Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was going to buy this one, but after reading this thread I have decided otherwise, the ATF might spot me while grocery shopping and ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt

JD
    Administrator

Talking Well darn...

I was going to buy this one, but after reading this thread I have decided otherwise, the ATF might spot me while grocery shopping and raid my house...

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member

LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

JD
    Administrator
    <----Takes a bow.

I wear what I feel like wearing. I don't let "possibilities" dictate my wardrobe, and mommy quit picking my clothes out around the third grade.

If my Marine shirts/hats that my son gave me offend someone, tough tacos. Same with the Navy garb I have, and the gun related stuff. I dress for my own comfort, to heck with anyone (including BG's) else.

I've got to get an INFIDEL shirt from Gabe's.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I'm under the persuasion of... It's just a shirt.

I wear a Coca-Cola shirt. Does that mean the Pepsi guys are going to come and beat me up? Am I carrying a coke at that moment? Maybe it's in deep concealment? What if the Pepsi guy gets close, will I have time to get to my coke and drink it before he splashes me with his Pepsi? I may be carrying my Coke but not all the time, what then?

Okay. I took that a little far, but a shirt is a shirt is a shirt. I wear my husband's Marine Corps shirts and I wear a baseball cap that says, "MARINE WIFE" on it. Most of the time I get asked, "Is your husband a Marine?"

HMMMM... I wonder how they deduced that. But notice that they asked, because just wearing a hat or a shirt does not automatically make it true.

Most of the time I wear clothes that suit my environment, such as a gun type shirt while working at the shop or something and then something else elsewhere. However, I'm not going to change if I have to stop at the gas station or walmart on my way home and I don't necessarily think I'm advertising either. Most people don't care and those who do have some kind of connection to what you are wearing. Gun people look at a gun shirt and think, "Hmmm... she likes guns. She'd probably be neat to talk to." They may start up a conversation, they may not. The people who start up conversations with me because of my Marine Wife ball cap or Marine Corps shirts usually follow up with, "My brother was in the Marine Corps." When I wear my brother's Navy shirts and people ask me about those they follow up with, "I was in the Navy from x to z." They have a connection and so they try to establish that connection with someone who at least appears to share something in common.

Some would see a Glock shirt and it would never even resonate with them that it has anything to do with guns. Some people wear shirts just because they are there. I have a shirt that says, "Switzerland" on it. I've never been to Switzerland, I don't have any family from there, it's just a comfy shirt.

I have another shirt that says, "THE BEATLES" on it. I couldn't name one Beatles song if my life depended on it, but again, it's a comfy shirt.

I think it would be safe to say that 99% of bad guys are NOT going to attack you because of a shirt you are wearing. A shirt means absolutely nothing. It DOESN'T Guarantee that you are carrying or even OWN the particular gun in question. It doesn't guarantee that you have money on you and are worth robbing. It doesn't guarantee that you even have guns in your home.

The risks of attacking someone because of a shirt are just too high.

The bad guys who are stupid enough to attack someone on the spur of the moment do it because they see the person open their wallet and see a good stack of cash in there. They see a flashy ring or watch that they think could get a good street price. They check out the shoes and the purse to see if they are name brand and weather you have expensive tastes and therefore a full wallet or at least some credit cards.

They may check out your shirt to see if it's expensive but not for what is written on it. If they even recognize the name of the gun printed on it they won't care. It's a shirt, it doesn't promise anything. It cost five bucks on ebay.

It's not worth the trouble.
    Long post, fell asleep reading it, good point, I think.
    Semper Fi

its just a tshirt. wonder what the guy would think if he logged on here to post "i had my range shirt on at wal-mart and this guy kept eying me like i was a crook, i just wish people wouldnt be so afraid of guns" and he read this.

Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    I might wear a shirt like that if I WASN'T carrying... but never if I was. That's simply asking for it.
    Why? That makes no sense to me...

VIP Member
    I would say it depends if you're carrying or not. I personally wouldnt wear a shirt like that if I were carrying. I wouldnt want to draw anymore attention that necessary...

I think the vast majority of people have no idea that some folks carry.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    Not my thing, I wouldn't do it.

But I can't see 1/2 the people even noticing his shirt unless it has flashing lights. People are too wrapped up in themselves to see it. And most of those who do notice probably aren't even thinking that someone might actually be carrying a gun.
    It is simply a non-issue to people. I wear an NRA hat and the only comments I get are positive ones. Since I am an instructor I don't hide the fact that I am into guns. I just don't find it a negative to wear gun clothes.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by dls56 View Post
    I've got to get an INFIDEL shirt from Gabe's.
    Bought one about 6 months ago. It's politically incorrect and I love it!

Buy one. You won't regret it.

As far as the original post, I think we worry too much about shirts and vest, etc.

IMHO, if you look like food, you will be eaten regardless of what you are wearing. The solution is NOT to look like food.

I wear what I want, when I want.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

I lean towards the firearms advertising making BGs hesitate and avoid you. It's the same as being self-confident and aware versus timid and afraid -- which prey does the predator choose? I just finished reading "Armed" by Gary Kleck and Don Kates. Lots of dry reading, but it presented convincing information about the benefits of gun ownership (and absolutely destroyed much of the often-cited gun control propaganda). One deterrent was when BGs *think* there is chance of an armed citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by p2555016zr View Post
    That "bring enough gun" slogan is too much for public wear.
    I disagree. It makes me angry that we are made to feel bad/insecure for displaying our support for the second amendment and our attention to personal defense.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links