Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt

This is a discussion on Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by iamhankiam I lean towards the firearms advertising making BGs hesitate and avoid you. It's the same as being self-confident and aware versus ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by iamhankiam View Post
    I lean towards the firearms advertising making BGs hesitate and avoid you. It's the same as being self-confident and aware versus timid and afraid -- which prey does the predator choose?
    Imagine Massad Ayoob or Clint Smith getting mugged for wearing a gun hat or shirt.
    As I said before, if you're going to be targeted it will be because of your profile not your hat.

I agree about bumper stickers being a bad idea, but only because you leave vehicles unattended. I don't leave my 'self' open like that, and so find no problem wearing a range hat to the market. I don't make a habit of it, but I don't worry about it either.

I wouldn't wear a Glock T.shirt though, too many 1911 bores out there who would chew my ear out for being a 'tupperware' guy...

2. Remove Ads

I think I saw this on the show "What not to wear", which I have to watch with my wife. I am sure they would say it is not stylish, like say a vest, military pants, waist packs or all those other cool things out there people wear around. I wear gun shirts, t-shirts, shirts tucked in, shirt tails out. No one even gives me a second look at my clothes. Most comments I get deal with how I carry myself, which is much more evident than clothes that are on my back. Many have hit on this, it is presentation that can keep you from being picked in the first place, but mostly it is timing and opportunity for those scumbags out there.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Deterence is Good

If a bad-guy does happen to notice your gun shirt and suspects that you're carrying, he's simply going to go after someone he thinks *doesn't* have a gun. How is that a bad thing?

Those who say it's a bad idea to wear a gun t-shirt because of losing the "element of surprise" advantage scare the hell out of me. They're the same ones who secretly, deep down, *want* to be placed in a position where they can fulfill their life-long Dirty Harry fantasy and use their badass "perty" gun to blow away a bad guy.
    Last edited by austinguy23; May 28th, 2007 at 11:29 PM.

I saw this the other day at a local gun shop. Reminds me of "Full Metal Jacket"...

lol this is a shirt i wear sometimes

Wearing a Glock tee shirt would make you easier to disarm. The supprise and the advantage of carrying a gun is gone. It gives the BG the advantage especialy if you are printing.

Better be careful...you might deter a bad guy when wearing that shirt. Wouldn't you rather look like a mark and be forced to use your gun? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by EZDYNAMICS View Post
    lol this is a shirt i wear sometimes
    Last edited by austinguy23; May 28th, 2007 at 11:31 PM.

I am new to carrying, just got my permit 2 weeks ago. I would reserve the cutsy t-shirts and bumper stickers to the range, not because you can't legally wear them anywhere, but for the reasons stated. I don't want the BG's to know. I guess if I really wanted to throw them off the trail I'd wear some sort of lefty shirt. The one thing I regret a bit is that I told a number of people that I was taking a class to carry. It's so hard to keep your mouth shut when you feel like bragging. Well, I'm keeping my mouth shut now. I don't have a big problem with a discreet NRA sticker or cap or perhaps some 2nd Amendment theme on your checks.
    I have a HUGE problem with the bumper sticker that says "Go ahead and hit me, I'm reloading" Is that the message you want to send people? What you're really saying is "I like guns but I'm a bit unstable. If you provoke me (even a minor fender bender) I'll shoot you, whether it's reasonable or not." Isn't this the very image that the Brady people would use against us to paint us as irrational "gun nuts". If, God forbid, you ever really needed to use your firearm with that on your vehical, I can virtually assure you that it will be noticed by most LEO's and any competant plaintiff's attorney in a civil case.
    Last edited by northjdr; May 28th, 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: typos
    Inches make champions. —Vince Lombardi

Ruger SP101 357mag
    Browning Hi-Power MIII 9mm
    Glock 22

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I am still in shock that Limas JarHead Husband lets her wear her brothers old Navy Shirt (or for that matter that he even allows her to admit she had a brother in the Navy).
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    I am still in shock that Limas JarHead Husband lets her wear her brothers old Navy Shirt (or for that matter that he even allows her to admit she had a brother in the Navy).
    Well, his old roommate was a Corpsman in my unit, plus he was almost EOD, that makes him certified cool in my book, he's in communications, I'm in communications, he's a fellow firearms enthusiast, and he's mainly responsible for the way Lima turned out...
    I think we can cut him some slack

And besides, there's nothing wrong with the Navy, it was probably the best chow I ever had in the service...

If he had a gun, it would be foolish to advertise it. People will naturally see the shirt and look him over to see if they can find the gun.

Both my wife and I felt that T-shirts like this should be left to wear at the range or at places where you will have your gun out and people would know anyway.
    I agree 100% not too bright........

Quote Originally Posted by austinguy23 View Post
    I disagree. It makes me angry that we are made to feel bad/insecure for displaying our support for the second amendment and our attention to personal defense.
    I agree with your statement. I'm not as worried about how a perp or the public might percieve us as how bad the "got Glock?" or "bring enough gun" shirt would look to a lawyer after a self defense shooting.

Just to restate my position. Its not a logo a think is an issue. Its the sayings/slogans that could be a problem. Most of the sheeple don't notice until after an incident and the media circus arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by p2555016zr View Post
    I'm not as worried about how a perp or the public might percieve us as how bad the "got Glock?" or "bring enough gun" shirt would look to a lawyer after a self defense shooting.
    Touche' regarding the lawyer statement.

VIP Member
    so my "got Glock" shirt would go against me even though I was in a legit shoot......and my Ford shirt would make a car wreck my fault also

Tom G
    Wearing a Glock tee shirt would make you easier to disarm. The supprise and the advantage of carrying a gun is gone. It gives the BG the advantage especialy if you are printing.

so the shirt prevents me from maintaining my pistol in its holster or assists a BG in knocking it out of my hand? I don't understand how a tshirt will allow me to be disarmed easier. As I've stated before, you have to maintain situational awareness and not be printing in the first place so this is a non-issue. I don't see how it gives a BG an advantage.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    so my "got Glock" shirt would go against me even though I was in a legit shoot......and my Ford shirt would make a car wreck my fault also
    Unfortunately, there are plenty of liberals out there who are very anti-gun and act as jurors, district attorneys, and prosecutors. They have been known to show political bias, unfortunately.

I don't think we have to worry about that with your car accident scenario ;-)

This would be my only concern, not the fear of a bad guy or the general public seeing the shirt.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links