Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt

This is a discussion on Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 64zebra whats the point of this? would you feel better about getting robbed if you were wearing boots/jeans, and a button up ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Saw someone at walmart with a Got Glock? T-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    whats the point of this? would you feel better about getting robbed if you were wearing boots/jeans, and a button up shirt? I wouldn't
    do the clothes make a difference in the crime? answer of course is no

I'm sorry, I don't think a glock shirt, NRA cap, or cargo pants (which 5.11 are along a bunch of others) amounts to a hill of beans to a meth head that wants to steal your $20 from your wallet so he can go get another fix.
    Nor does driving a beamer and wearing an expensive suit automatically mean you have wads of cash in your pockets.
    I wish every 2A supporter in the country would wear a firearms manufacturer or NRA shirt and/or hat one day as a show of support for our 2A rights, I think it would be eye-opening for a lot of folks to see exactly how many people and types of people in their communities are gun owners and we're not all running around shooting people.
    I wish we'd all stop trying to hide our pride in our 2A or memberships in the NRA, GOA and other groups. Do I wear clothes labeled with these everyday....no. Just every once in awhile, and I don't care what anybody thinks, I don't care if I make some anti mad when they see my shirt, and it does not make me more suceptible to getting my gun taken from me.
    If I were unfortunate enough to be jumped and have my weapon taken, I would hope that it was not because I had a neon sign on my back telling the world that the odds are pretty good I might have a gun on me or in my car. My apologies if I came across as a smartass. My point, although poorly made in my previous post was this:

In my personal experience, there have been several people that have crossed my path in life (not all), that wear specific clothing (tactical boots, BDUs, gun manufacturer hats and t-shirts, carry a visible folder) for no other purpose than to be a poseur. Additionally, some of them legally conceal. If I were a BG, I am certain that I could pick out the poseur in the tacticool gear. My thought would be that not only could I score a wallet, but perhaps even a gun. They would seem like a very easy mark to me. My vivid imagination pictures the guy in the "Got Glock?" t-shirt trying to figure out why he got jumped when giving his statement to the police.

Epitomizing the negative image the antis have of gun owners, specifically those who carry, does nothing but affirm their current view. The average citizen who carries for no other reason but to protect themselves and their family has far more impact in changing an anti's opinion than the mall ninja. Someone who is pretending to be a badass and someone who supports 2A causes are two different things IMHO.

Again, my apologies if I offended anyone.

2. Remove Ads

I don't wear logo shirts of any kind anymore. I did when I was involved in motorcycle racing and they were free. I refuse to pay good money for the privilege of advertising someone else's product. I now wear Carhartt tees, mainly because they are heavy and last forever.

I DO wear 5.11 side zip boots, mainly because they are 100% comfortable and provide protection on the bike. Nobody notices an old guy who dresses in earth tones and black. And nobody will notice you, either, as long as you don't do something to call attention to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874 View Post
    I frequently wear pro-gun, 2nd ammendment and CCW shirts, hats, pins and on my car stickers.

Why? I have taken it as a personal mission to educate the public on the positive side of gun ownership.
    That's awesome. It's unfortunate that others aren't secure enough to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by austinguy23 View Post
    That's awesome. It's unfortunate that others aren't secure enough to do the same.
    It is and maybe it isn't. Some lifestyle choices just don't translate well for other people.
    Sure, all of us here are interested in gun culture and are receptive to opinions regarding it.
    Another lifestyle though? Maybe 'swingers'?
    Would you wear a t.shirt that said 'Got Orgy?'

I'm very evangelical about getting carry permits and buying quality guns, just not with out and out strangers, I do however appreciate that someone else should be doing this, I applaud them for that effort.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Cons of wearing a gun shirt:

*may make anti's mad
    I personally find that to be a huge PRO!

Maybe we should stop decorating our houses with Christmas lights, too, as they may offend non-Christians...

I don't think your typical citizen would truly 'get' the Got Glock?message. I would not have a problem wearing a shirt or jacket to support my views and brand support. However, I will never apply any advertisement to my vehicle that might give an inclination to my having firearms. I do not wish to bring attention to the fact that I may have a weapon in my vehicle (especially if I am parked outside an establishment that states my weapon is not welcome on my person). I also live in a somewhat medium risk crime area and would not want to put a spotlight on my home as a potential target for gun hunting BG's.
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c3ks View Post
    If I were unfortunate enough to be jumped and have my weapon taken, I would hope that it was not because I had a neon sign on my back telling the world that the odds are pretty good I might have a gun on me or in my car. My apologies if I came across as a smartass. My point, although poorly made in my previous post was this:
    In my personal experience, there have been several people that have crossed my path in life (not all), that wear specific clothing (tactical boots, BDUs, gun manufacturer hats and t-shirts, carry a visible folder) for no other purpose than to be a poseur. Additionally, some of them legally conceal. If I were a BG, I am certain that I could pick out the poseur in the tacticool gear. My thought would be that not only could I score a wallet, but perhaps even a gun. They would seem like a very easy mark to me. My vivid imagination pictures the guy in the "Got Glock?" t-shirt trying to figure out why he got jumped when giving his statement to the police.
    Epitomizing the negative image the antis have of gun owners, specifically those who carry, does nothing but affirm their current view. The average citizen who carries for no other reason but to protect themselves and their family has far more impact in changing an anti's opinion than the mall ninja. Someone who is pretending to be a badass and someone who supports 2A causes are two different things IMHO. Again, my apologies if I offended anyone.
    I don't think you offended anyone, I just wanted to further understand that statement. Thank you for expounding on it, it makes great discussion. I understand yours and others opinions expressed here...and I agree there are some mall ninjas and others that go overboard on their dress, and these people are morons for what they intentionally do to "our 2A image."
    I for one do not do that and agree that we should do what we can to give the 2A the proper light.

....and for the record....I wear 5.11 pants 1)they are comfortable, 2)durable 3) good buy compared to jeans, and 4)I have to wear pants like this for work and the multiple colors are great
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links