a NYC problem

a NYC problem

This is a discussion on a NYC problem within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well, i'm a bit of a quandary. this friday, my job is sending me to a school in harlem, where i'll most likely be until ...

Thread: a NYC problem

a NYC problem

well, i'm a bit of a quandary. this friday, my job is sending me to a school in harlem, where i'll most likely be until late in the evening. my foreman came around today and informed us we'd be leaving early in the morning. jokingly, i asked how many guns was i allowed to carry in the company truck. we both know the other CCWs, so we both had a laugh about it. he said i could take as many as i wanted, just not out of state. another guy overhead, and bemoaned the fact that we couldn't carry. withing minutes, there were about 7 guys talking about, and it turns out most of the guys i work with CCW. they all know about each other, i was the only guy out of the loop. they had no idea i carried, either. although company policy forbids the carrying of firearms in the building, the foremen and supervisors ignore the rulebook, just as long as none of the cubicle clones ever see anything. we had a kind of "show and tell" at our lunch break. one sw9ve, one taurus millenium pro, 3 glocks (19, 26, 30), one xd sub, one walther ppk/s, and one s&w 638. we're still not happy about going to NYC naked, but we all agreed to bring pocket folders and OC spray with us.

it's the pleasant little surprises that get me through the day...

I think we'd all be surprised at who carries around us.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    well, i'm a bit of a quandary. this friday, my job is sending me to a school in harlem, where i'll most likely be until late in the evening. my foreman came around today and informed us we'd be leaving early in the morning. jokingly, i asked how many guns was i allowed to carry in the company truck. we both know the other CCWs, so we both had a laugh about it. he said i could take as many as i wanted, just not out of state. another guy overhead, and bemoaned the fact that we couldn't carry. withing minutes, there were about 7 guys talking about, and it turns out most of the guys i work with CCW. they all know about each other, i was the only guy out of the loop. they had no idea i carried, either. although company policy forbids the carrying of firearms in the building, the foremen and supervisors ignore the rulebook, just as long as none of the cubicle clones ever see anything. we had a kind of "show and tell" at our lunch break. one sw9ve, one taurus millenium pro, 3 glocks (19, 26, 30), one xd sub, one walther ppk/s, and one s&w 638. we're still not happy about going to NYC naked, but we all agreed to bring pocket folders and OC spray with us.

Hey Pelosi, Murtha, Ron Paul: "Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged."

Signed: President Abraham Lincoln

I think this informal survey of weapon choice shows, once again, for all those looking to purchase, can't go wrong with a Glock !
    Glock 26 w/ CTAC IWB

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    well, i'm a bit of a quandary. this friday, my job is sending me to a school in harlem, .............

........ we're still not happy about going to NYC naked, but we all agreed to bring pocket folders and OC spray with us. ...
    Knife Blade must be UNDER 4"

Also ,I believe the NY Law says you must buy the OC Spray IN NY.,
    you cannot bring it from another state

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

well, just got back from the Rotten Apple. 8 hours was enough to remind me of why i left 15 years ago. no big problems; only one incident worth mentioning. one of my fellow employees wanted a gatorade, so took a a walk to a corner store; we happened to be a few blocks from where i grew up. he came back in 5 minutes, without a gatorade, and shaking. we asked what was up, and he said there was some crazie by the store, menacing passerby with a kitchen knife. he seemed okay, so we asked why he was shaking. he said he peppered him, then called the police. sure enough, here they came, in record time, i must add. they tackled the crazie and cuffed him, as he was still holding the knife. after taking our statements, thye asked where we were from, as everyone but me has a distinctive NEPA accent. they never once gave us flak for carrying folders or OC. after they left, we hurried to get our work finished, and got the heck outta dodge.

glad to be back in america.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Take a highpowered Flashlight too.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Wow, you guys sound like a Blackwater Ops contingent!
    Must be cool to work with so many right-minded people! I wish I did.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Wow, you guys sound like a Blackwater Ops contingent!
    Must be cool to work with so many right-minded people! I wish I did.
    lol, thats' funny. the thing is, only one of us has any formal, military training (navy). the i'm taking the PA act 235 course this summer, but the rest of us are just average joes. and yes, it is pretty cool. there is, however, a stark contrast between us and the folks who work in the cubicles. i was warned not to even bring up the subject in front of anyone who didn't have steel toe shoes on. the only office person who knows my status, and everyone else's, is our human resource director. when i interviewed, i needed two photo id's; all i have are my driver's id and CC permit. she glanced at it, and simply said "good for you."

i love my job. well, most days.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Where I work right now, I can count on at least 8 people to be competent enough for me to hand a gun to. Of those, I know at least 1 who would already have his own. Not too bad for a retail store with about 20 employees.

I have projects in VA and WV the carry permit is reciprocal between these two states which makes it nice. We sub out the work so I am alone (no direct employees) and don't advertise that I'm armed.
    Being prepared becomes second nature, ventures into MD and DC unarmed do give the naked feeling. I avoid these trips as much as possible. I try not to spend money in anti territories, my little way of boycotting I guess.

The G27 and the 442 go with me into NYC!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Well you made it alive(a war story for the kids)
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Good for you getting to work with right minded folks. It is nice to know who you can count on.

Quote Originally Posted by HRnTX;
    Good for you getting to work with right minded folks. It is nice to know who you can count on.
    Lucky guy!

I gotta listen to how all the miscreants are all a product of their environment, society "made" them this way, terrorists are mearly "freedom fighters" yada yada yada...

I gotta go home and take a shower before I can take out the trash.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Links