Where do you carry your bug - Page 3

Where do you carry your bug

This is a discussion on Where do you carry your bug within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike from Texas P3AT in strong side front pocket. Just out of curiosity, why would you carry in your weak side? My ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike from Texas View Post
    P3AT in strong side front pocket.

Just out of curiosity, why would you carry in your weak side? My extra mag for the P3AT is in the weak side pocket.
    Anybody?
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

Why carry on your off side? (I was taught not to use the term "weak" hand)

Simple, take a force on force class and after you get hit in your gun hand for the third time you will realize that being able to immediately draw with your off hand and stay in the fight is a very good thing.

When I am only carrying one it is on my strong side, but when I carry two (most of the time) One of them I make sure I can get to with my weak hand.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

....errr off hand... LOL
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

After reading this thread I realized how much more "balanced" my total rig woul dbe if the back-up was on my weak side. Or is it wise to carry off side for such a comfort/convenience reasons.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    When i ( seldom ) pocket carry a bug it is Left front . Normaly tho i carry where it is accessable to either hand .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

BUG

Kel Tec .32 in the weak side back pocket. I'm a lefty, so when it's in my right back pocket the mag release is protected by..natural padding. When I carry it in the left side, the magazine release can get bumped even with the Uncle Mike's holster. I find myself checking it often if I carry it there. My old BUG was a NAA Black Widow, with small wood grips, in the right back pocket. I stacked it next to a spare magazine for my primary, giving me a choice of a regular or "New York" reload. Gave that up when I bought the KT.

I carry a SIG P225 over my groin in a smartcarry holster and my P226 in a comp-tac IWB at 4 o'clock. Spare mag on left hip. It's nice to know I'm somewhat bulletproof over my manhood. I figure If I get shot with a low caliber round like a .22 or even possibly a JHP 9mm the gun might stop the bullet.
    What gun would Jesus Carry?

I've been carrying a P3at in a Galco pocket holster in the front dominant side but after reading this thread when it's a BUG and not the only one it's going in the other side. Makes sense to me.

Front or rear pocket for my P32.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    After the reading the thread I am going to look at keeping the Kel-Tec in my weak side pocket. I am a lefty but I shoot right handed. It should be easy for me to make the transition after I practice for a while.

Now if I make the transition to the weak side, should it stay on the weak side when I carry the Kel Tec only or should it go back to the strong side? In the heat of the moment I don't want to be guessing what pocket it is in.

PS: To all the Kel-Tec detractors, I can consistently hit steel plates with it at 15 yards. I can even ring plates at 25 yards although not as well at closer ranges. It is accurate if you practice and get used to the trigger pull. If you are looking for a BUG then it is worth the money.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

When I was allowed to carry concealed (living overseas now), I would carry a G26 in my strong side front pocket, and a Kahr PM9 or SW 642 in the weak hand strong side pocket. Normal daily carry for work was my G19 strongside OWB, with the G26 on the ankle. If I was doing something "risky" the G26 went on my weakside, IWB crossdraw, and the PM9 went on the ankle...

Regards,

Kevin
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links