Where do you carry your bug

This is a discussion on Where do you carry your bug within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my primary strong side IWB. My P3AT rides in the opposite front pocket, right next to my money clip. For those who pocket ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you carry your bug

Where do you carry your bug

I carry my primary strong side IWB. My P3AT rides in the opposite front pocket, right next to my money clip.
    For those who pocket carry, do you carry strong side or weak side?
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    My BUG (R9) is not that frequent as I am not out all that much. If on board tho it'll be usually be strong side pocket or occasionally in an ankle rig left leg.

Other (sorta) BUG is the NAA Mini - and that is any place that suits on the day - might be vest pocket - lower or upper ..... or a pants pocket - durned thing will sit anywhere!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    I carry my primary strong side IWB. My P3AT rides in the opposite front pocket, right next to my money clip.
    For those who pocket carry, do you carry strong side or weak side?
    I suppose I'm lucky--My dominant hand varies by activity. I'm generally left-handed, but shoot right. When I pocket carry, it goes in my right front pocket, most of my pocket crap is already in my left pocket.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Strong side pocket (S&W340) and occasionly left leg ankle rig.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Sponsor
    My BUG is in a Kydex cargo pocket holster w/ xtra mag, strong side. or in strong side front pocket.
    Keltec P32
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I carry my primary strong side IWB right side. I also shoot with both hands and it changes by mood and activity. My bug is usually in left front pocket/left IWB, smart carry.
    Always Pack and Keep Your Groups Tight.

VIP Member
    On most occasions my primary (S&W 1066) is OWB at 4 o'clock and the BUG is in the left front pocket with nothing but the holster. Occasionally I carry a SIG P239 IWB at 1:30/2. The BUG stays where it was. On Sunday when I go to church I carry only the BUG and it stays in the left front pocket. I have gotten very comfortable with it there and quite good at getting it out. I practice shooting it left handed both one handed and two handed. I still have trouble with two handed because muscle memory is to grip like I have the gun in the right hand. BUG is a Kel-Tec P32 in a K&D pocket defender.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    My P3AT resides in my strong side pocket.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

JD
    Administrator
    Smith 642 with Barami high grips in the appendix area.

My bug isn't really a back up. It's more when I need deep concealment. P3AT strong side front pocket.
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

I'm usually not into a BUG as I just prefer my Kimber Ultra, but for those times when I would take my P-3AT along, it's in a Fist kydex right front pocket holster...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My BUG, either an XD9SC, Bersa Thunder .380cc or a Kahr PM9, resides in a galco ankle holster or a smartcarry, depending on my dress code that day and which pistol I wish to use as my BUG. My Springfield XD40 Service is my primary and is almost always IWB Strongside.

I rarely carry two guns but when I do, the 642 serves as BUG. In that situation, the Mil-Spec is IWB at 3:30 and 642 is usually on the left ankle. Occasionally, I'll drop it in the RT front pocket but don't generally find it comfortable there if the 1911 is on the right hip.
    Jack

My BUG gets carried in the weak side pocket about 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time it's on my ankle.

If my BUG becomes my "Primary" due to concealment concerns it then goes in the strog side pocket and my third gun, Kahr PM9, goes behind the weakside hip.

I carry 2 guns at all times, with reloads for each. The third gun stays in the safe most days.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    If it's actually a backup, weak side front pocket or cargo pocket. If it's pressed into service as a primary on a garment-light day, then strong side front pocket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links