Condition orange and unarmed tonight - Page 3

Condition orange and unarmed tonight

This is a discussion on Condition orange and unarmed tonight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wonder if that dude had a CCB permit for that bat?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wonder if that dude had a CCB permit for that bat?
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I triggered mine in front of my two 140 pound Newfoundland dogs and they took off to the other side of the house at just the sound!
    Newfies are the most gentle of mutts. I doubt very much if they meant you any harm.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I just feel uneasy about being approached by homeless people, especially in an empty parking lot where there is hardly anyone else around. I wouldn't feel as nervous had I been approached during normal business hours, because there would be lots of other people around.

If you are going to be security-minded, forget about the distinction between when there's no one around and when there's lots of people around. That pretends as if no one has ever been attacked when there were lots of people around. Of course they have.

You are not protected by the presence of others in the vicinity. You are protected when you are protected. That means that you either have a bodyguard, or are your own bodyguard. Do you really let down your guard just because you're in a very public place?

Sure, attacks happen more frequently in dark, secluded areas. That is just a preponderance, though -- not a guarantee.

I would add that just because you don't see a bat in a person's possession, that's also no reason to feel assured that they present no danger to you. What about a concealed knife? A concealed handgun? A concealed wrench, ice pick, sharp stick . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    http://www.gerbergear.com/product.php?model=1548
    Gerber came out with these, not long ago. $10 at WallyWorld. Well made, easily mod'ed for thumb opening, secure in the hand. Best of all, it looks like a money-clip, or key-ring.
    I bought one exactly where you said, some months ago, and thought at first that it was the greatest thing ever, much better than the bulky Husky one I'd bought at The Home Depot. Slim, even stylish.

But then it became apparent that the design sucks. I mean, really sucks. The blade simply is NOT able to be held in place securely, not even when you use Loc-tite on the screw. (And you shouldn't have to use a screw on a knife with a replaceable blade. There should be provision for a quick-release.)

I have mine sitting on a shelf, now. Can't rely on that blade staying put. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    So, jeffrey, do you carry in your workplace?
    Not a question I feel obligated to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan H View Post
    I agree with the others about carrying at work. I do security and it is against company policy, however as soon as I get my CCW I'll be carrying. Theres no sense in risking your life for a job. Jobs keep you alive, but if you're not alive to have a job, the point is moot anyway.
    Are you a licensed security officer or inhouse. if you licensed an get caught its a felony charge because you CCW doesnt work when your on duty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links