what kind of jungle do you live in? - Page 4

what kind of jungle do you live in?

This is a discussion on what kind of jungle do you live in? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Suburban tending to rural. Miami County, Ohio is pretty rural and its largest town has less than 20,000 inhabitants. Too far from Dayton to worry ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: what kind of jungle do you live in?

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Suburban tending to rural.

Miami County, Ohio is pretty rural and its largest town has less than 20,000 inhabitants.

Too far from Dayton to worry much about the hellhole that place is, but some parts of Troy and Piqua are best avoided if possible and be armed if not.

I live in the boons, I shoot on my property. If I need more than 15 yards, off to the neighbor's house I go for 500+ yards. :)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metallicorey View Post
    i was just wondering where the majority of us live, rural or urban.

what's it like where you live?

I live in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Compared to where I used to live, Smithtown NY (Long Island) it's a DUMP.

It's crime-ridden, full of illegal aliens, drug addicts, homeless . . . It's like the antithesis of Smithtown, which was placid, suburban, upper-middle-class, educated . . .

If you open the newspaper daily, you don't have to look far to find some heinous crime has been perpetrated. You don't have to look far to find a crooked politician getting caught, and subsequently getting a minor slap on the wrist.

I did not move her by choice when I arrived in 1997, but by necessity. I haven't left because there still are things that are good about living here. But my heart is really in the Northeast. It's too bad that the political reality up there (in particular, the laws in New York) prevent me from wanting to resettle there.

Vermont would be a good place for me, but I don't know what I would do for work. If I were suddenly of independent financial means, that's where I'd move, find a wife, start a family, shoot, fly, skydive, knit, chop wood, read, write, and everything else I love.

rural

Rural farm land, about 5 miles out of town of 3,000 people, and about 10 miles from a City of 60,000.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I live rural. Live down a dirt road, heavily wooded. Work in town, home of the college champion Gators. Nice drive to work, I always drive the back roads. Lots of people moving out from the city. Soon the back roads will be downtown.

Rural: Mountain valley. We're still getting the odd frost at night. All of the elk I've killed have been within 10 miles of where I am typing this. A lot of summer traffic comes through. Guestimates are around 3million plus. Most never leave the hiway. Local population of the valley is around 8000, with most in three small towns and the rest of us spread all over the country.

Originally from deetroit, but now live in rural Western MI. I love the country. Also it is nice to just fire away when the urge hits.
    livin in the woods...feelin mighty good

Very urban for me, and not only urban, but also a stones throw away from a major university so there is a mix of collage town as well. Over all I like it.

I did however just hear on the news as I was typing this that there was a shooting not 3 blocks from the house... So as much as I like it, I am never without my gun...or two...sometimes three.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Suburban for me, work in downtown Little Rock. But thankfully have plenty of access to extra extra rural places

Edge of urban, in the 'burbs, a couple miles from green pastures and forests as far as the eye can see.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Rural, outside of flagstaff Az. approx 8000 yr round residents, in the largest Ponderosa Pine forest in the world, 2nd largest county in the USA. Lots of Elk, Deer,and ..........TOURISTS! If it's called tourist season, why can't we shoot'em?
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    I live in a suburban area small town outside of a 148,000 city. I live on the fringes of the town most of my neighbors have 3 acre lots mine is only 1.5 around hunting season some gun fire as people site in their deer rifles out towards the river, but other then that fairly quite. The city near by has some issues, I have never had any problems; my brother in law has had his car stolen twice before he sold it. My mother in law who lives further out then me on 20 acres has been burgled twice so far. It kind of goes in waves.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Suburban. Small town of about 13,000 just 15 moles or so from Memphis, known around here as Hell. Parts of which are nice and pretty but you still don't want to be there after sundown.

If I hop in the Jeep and head East, I am in the country in about 5 minutes and if I head West, I am in very urban areas, Bartlett and Cordova in about 8 to 10 minutes.

The town we live in is named Arlington, right on the Shelby County-Fayette County line. Small but growing very fast. Still a pretty good place to live but I can see the changes on the horizon and I am not sure we want to stay here for ever. We are currently renting a house and would like to buy a house but, not sure if that is a great idea. This town is going to be much bigger than it is right now in just 5 years or so. Lots and lots of people moving away from the crime and blight of Memphis are coming out here. And some of them are criminals, and they bring their criminal past and life with them. I expect to see the almost non existent crime rate out here start to rise in the very near future.

It's sad to see a nice place like this and know in your gut that it is going to change for the worse and there isn't anything you can do.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'm lucky that I live very rural. Outside my backdoor is 300+ acres of excellent hunting and fishing. I belong to a gun club about 10 minutes from my house, but I do shoot in the back yard. The wife doesn't like all the noise of an extended shooting session. It is nice however to be able to test my reloads as they come off the press.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links