Gotta find a new place to get a haircut.

This is a discussion on Gotta find a new place to get a haircut. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac Perhaps, as a form of protest, we could get some sheep decals made up, and stick them to the window ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gotta find a new place to get a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    Perhaps, as a form of protest, we could get some sheep decals made up, and stick them to the window right next to the "no guns" signs....
    Since this is a barbershop, maybe it should be a shorn sheep?

2. Remove Ads

There age gun magazines at the barber shop I go to, and my barber carries a .38 on his ankle all the time. Nice place to get clipped.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

I cut my own hair, guns are welcome.

Let Me Tell Ya'...

About my barber here in small town FL...

He has a small 'hole in the wall shop'. He's been there for about 40-50 years...he's 78 years old! I've stopped in when he's not busy, just taken a nap on the bench inside his small one-chair shop. He only charges $7 for one of the best haircuts I have gotten anywhere...honest (this includes some $20 cuts too)...he won't take a tip either...

He's usually playing a christian radio station and loves to talk politics. I had been coming to him about 2-3 months when the subject of crime came up, then the NRA...then weapons. I treaded cautiously as we talked about CCW, and that's when he pulled out a .38 from his right front pocket...then I did show him my Kimber Ultra. We both acknowledged the importance of being prepared for a cruel world.

Needless to say, I have been going to him for almost 18 months now...great guy...his customers are mostly farmers and other local town's folks...and I assume...pro-gun people...

I love small town Florida!

Stay armed...keep 'clean cut'...stay safe!

You too, can find a 'pro-gun' barber shop...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats for standing up for what you believe in. Maybe your conversation might help to change attitudes.

I also am not able to carry in my barber shop.... but that is because my barber shop is located on a high security military base.

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    I'd be willing to bet someone came in there for a cut that didnt conceal well enough. Maybe laid back for a wash and exposed the weapon. The owner may not have even been aware of ccw and was appauled that someone would carry a gun into the place.
    Or came in bragging or showing off. I was thinking...why on earth would a hair salon of all places, post? The girls who work where I get my haircuts are never going to know whether or not I carry unless there is a SHTF situation while I'm in there, in which case their opinion won't matter much to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    There's this nice salon I've been going to for the past ten years or so to get my hair cut. Prices are reasonable and they do a good job. I've always made appointments with the same stylist and tipped her well.
    Had an appointment last Friday. Pulled up in front of the place and there it is; a no guns sign in the window that wasn't there before.
    I drove away and called them as soon as I got home, asked for my stylist.
    Told her I got there and saw a sign in the window that said I wasn't welcome.
    She asked what sign that was.
    Told her about the no guns sign.
    "You carry a gun?" She asked.
    Told her I may or may not have had one with me every time she's cut my hair since January.
    Then I told her to pass on to her manager that while it was her right to post the sign it was my right to spend my money elsewhere.
    Told her I was really gonna miss having her do my hair and if and when the sign came down I'd be back.
    Good one, although I think I would have put it differently and not related the prohibition directly to myself, as in, "Your owner and/or manager don't trust law-abiding citizens who carry firearms, and those are the only people who would obey that sign. Who do they trust?"

I'd call back and speak directly to the manager/owner and state you don't carry guns. Make sure to tell the manager/owner you are going to tell everyone you know to stay away from his/her business which doesn't trust honest citizens/customers.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    I'd be sucking if my barber posted. I sport a flattop, so I need a BARBER. Real barbers are hard to find these days.
    I'm not the only one, I feel much better now...

I think you did exactly the right thing. Maybe this will get the owner thinking but just as likely it will, in her mind, seem that she put the sign up just in time as she will probably see your call as proof that the sign kept an undesirable gun carrying nut out of her business. People like her don't see us as the good guys. They see us as nuts just waiting for that last straw for us to snap.

It's amazing how different people can look at the same situation and see such vastly differing things. We know that we carry just to protect ourselves and our loved ones. They think we must be carrying a gun so we can shoot someone. I know that the last thing I want to do is shoot someone.

Find yourself a real, honest-to-God barber. And old guy with a striped pole out front and car and gun magazines in the waiting area. You'll never go back to a salon. Trust me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have my lovely wife cut my hair..20.00 for a set of trimmers 2 years ago
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    About my barber here in small town FL...

He has a small 'hole in the wall shop'. He's been there for about 40-50 years...he's 78 years old! I've stopped in when he's not busy, just taken a nap on the bench inside his small one-chair shop. He only charges $7 for one of the best haircuts I have gotten anywhere...honest (this includes some $20 cuts too)...he won't take a tip either...

He's usually playing a christian radio station and loves to talk politics. I had been coming to him about 2-3 months when the subject of crime came up, then the NRA...then weapons. I treaded cautiously as we talked about CCW, and that's when he pulled out a .38 from his right front pocket...then I did show him my Kimber Ultra. We both acknowledged the importance of being prepared for a cruel world.

Needless to say, I have been going to him for almost 18 months now...great guy...his customers are mostly farmers and other local town's folks...and I assume...pro-gun people...

I love small town Florida!

Stay armed...keep 'clean cut'...stay safe!

You too, can find a 'pro-gun' barber shop...

ret
    Darn, I wish it wasn't such a long commute from NC to FL just to get a haircut! Gotta support this man! God Bless Him!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    I have my lovely wife cut my hair..20.00 for a set of trimmers 2 years ago
    I did the same thing about two or three months ago, though my set ran about $40 at Target. Saves me $20 per month and I can cut it whenever I want, instead of just once a month ... and my wife doesn't mind that I carry.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    I cut my own hair, guns are welcome.
    Just checked, and there is no sign on my bathroom door, so I am still welcome.

Until I started doing my own hair, I would go to one salon in town. In the winters, I wear a heavy denim shirt as a jacket. I would wear the shirt until I was going to sit in the chair. At that time I would take it off, exposing the butt of the gun. Only one of the gals ever noticed, and we talked about guns and where I worked and why I carried. Now I was wearing my work shirt which has the pawn shops name and mine, and she assumed that that was the reason that I carried. She was stunned to realize that the pawn shop is but one of the reasons that I carry, and it wasn't the main one. I have been approached by people in the next town over by people that recognize me from the shop, and not everyone I meet at the shop is always the most friendly.
    Last edited by purple88yj; June 3rd, 2007 at 05:42 PM.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    The owner probably only conceives of criminals when she pictures people with guns in her store, and is unaware of the law-abiding concealed carry community. You might ask her just who she is trying to keep out of her store and explain that a sign will not stop a criminal who has violent intent.
    +1 Perfect post.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Any businesses that post against CCW deserve to get hit with an armed robbery.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links