Do you feel that CCW effects your "Lifestyle"? - Page 4

Do you feel that CCW effects your "Lifestyle"?

This is a discussion on Do you feel that CCW effects your "Lifestyle"? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I haven't considered it - It is part of my lifestyle. It goes where I go. It doesn't define, but it is sure a part ...

View Poll Results: Is CCW a lifestyle

Voters
300. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

250 83.33%
  • No

38 12.67%
  • To new to CCW to tell

13 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you feel that CCW effects your "Lifestyle"?

I haven't considered it - It is part of my lifestyle. It goes where I go. It doesn't define, but it is sure a part of my lifestyle. The question on has it changed my lifestyle - hard to say. When I started carrying, my lifestyle was totally different than it is today, so it is just a carry over from "them other day's".
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I'm not sure about lifestyle but I definitely had to learn some new habits. Reading ALL signage going into buildings to make sure it's not off limits before I go in, buttoning the bottom button of my untucked shirt BEFORE the wind kicks up, sitting with my strong side facing into the booth at a restaurant, etc.

There needed to be a fourth option on the list. "Been so Long, I can't remember any other way."

Just the other day, I forgot my cell phone, but remembered my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Misfit View Post
    There needed to be a fourth option on the list. "Been so Long, I can't remember any other way."
    That's the one I would pick too! I've carried a piece since 1989...day in...day out...I've carried one (or more) for so long, it's just habit! Kinda like putting your wallet in your pocket and your watch on your wrist.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Sure it affects my lifestyle but it does not define my lifestyle.
    You got a lot of +1s on that one, Sixto. Here's another.... +1
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Not really because I'm not a partier so I don't go to bars and before I started thinking about carrying I did the same strategic things that people have talked about when they started carrying because of my criminal justice degree. It was second nature when I started carrying.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Yes, before I was considering CC I could go out for dinner with the wife if so desired. Now with the purchase of 2 handguns,holsters,ammo, range fees, license/training costs, etc etc Mac and cheese with some nice box wine (or thunderbird) is the best I can do lately.

However just about anything that allows my wife to be safer when I am not there (or when I am for that matter) is well worth the cost, Such amenities or life style changes are trivial, and not worth the thought when compared to what may happen if such a path(CCing) is not chosen. After all, it would be a much larger "life style change" if you were to end up dead because of some mugging.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

It works like a dozen cups of really strong coffee - I'm a whole lot more awake and aware!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

High Velocity, I forgot about the restaurant booths! Obviously, the wife is the first to be seated. It took a little while for her to remember that I always sit strong side in a booth or at a wall table, preferably facing the entrance (sounds like paranoia, but it is just a heightened sense of alertedness (is this a word?). Also, due to my IWB holster, I had to readjust how I loop my belts. I used to start on the right, now I start on the left. There are a lot of little things that are affected when you choose to carry.
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by devo6684 View Post
    High Velocity, I forgot about the restaurant booths! Obviously, the wife is the first to be seated. It took a little while for her to remember that I always sit strong side in a booth or at a wall table, preferably facing the entrance (sounds like paranoia, but it is just a heightened sense of alertedness (is this a word?). Also, due to my IWB holster, I had to readjust how I loop my belts. I used to start on the right, now I start on the left. There are a lot of little things that are affected when you choose to carry.
    Alertness, or awareness.

Ditto on the seating arrangements, my dad (former LEO) did the same thing and it kind of stuck.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I wasn't going to mention this being I am new and not a pedant. But since you correctly provided gramatically correct alternatives to 'alertedness', I must point out that in your signature the words "friends" and "remains" are misspelled.

Continue on...

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I wasn't going to mention this being I am new and not a pedant. But since you correctly provided gramatically correct alternatives to 'alertedness', I must point out that in your signature the words "friends" and "remains" are misspelled.

Continue on...
    Man I never noticed that, thanks! Friends don't let friends leave typos in their sigs.

That's been like that for a year on 3 forums and no one ever noticed (or at least said anything)

Big lifestyle change for me. I now feel safe in AZ for 6 mos of the year and naked and unsafe for 6 mos of the year in the People's Republic of Illinois. This state is "nuts" for the crap that goes on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links