No concealed weapon sign

This is a discussion on No concealed weapon sign within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I guess they only have to worry about homicidal maniacs that can afford to pay that $200-$1000 fine now....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No concealed weapon sign

So I guess they only have to worry about homicidal maniacs that can afford to pay that $200-$1000 fine now.

2. Remove Ads

This Statement Stood Out...for me...

**One of the strongest security statements you can make. Signs deliver instant, impossible-to-ignore results.

I wonder just what the instant, impossible-to-innore results are?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The nice thing about Texas law is that the "No-Gun" postings are defined very specifically in the regulations. They must be either a 30.06 or the "51" sign. There are specific requirements that must be met.

If they do not meet these requirements, and I must to go inside, I will walk right in. I will do everything in my power to not purchase anything that is sold there. It is sad that they post these signs out of ignorance, and if these types of signs are shown in Texas, they did not even take the time to learn what the correct sign is...

I just do my part and ignore the sign Nobody will deprive my right of self defense. Except my home state of course

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Well I did respond to the artical;

Gee, it makes perfect sense to put up the no canceled carry signs. After all the people that have a concealed carry license have been through a FBI back ground check, a check by the local sheriffs department, a state mandated 8 hour training class and a range qualification. I can see why you would not want their business and would prefer to invite the crooks and thugs into your business after all we all know that they will honor the no concealed carry signs. If they don’t the police are only a phone call and five or so minutes away.

Not that it will make a differance to any one.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

VIP Member
    The only thing that'll cure these naiive souls is soiled pants after someone ignores their signs.

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    The only thing that'll cure these naiive souls is soiled pants after someone ignores their signs.
    +1 Then they'll all wonder how it happened and why...
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I talked to a businessman just today about his No guns sign.. He explained to me that it is there because of his insurance carrier...

And in the same breath he told me "Check out the size of it it is not legal. It is not 11X14 and the letters are less than an inch". He said he did that on purpose to get over on his insurance carrier..And then he proceded to raise his shirt and low and behold.. I was not the only one packing.

He said he hated to do it but this carrier saves him money...

And he also said "I cant spot everyone that packs in my business and aint even gunna try... Ten he winked at me...

I certianly hope that was a wink for me to come on in with my iron and not some kinda weird attraction
    I dont have a P3AT Mouse Gun
    or a G23,,,

Or do I ?

VIP Member
    I posted a comment to the article as well:

"The ostrich may choose to place its head in the sand. By so doing, it convinces itself that a perceived danger no longer exists. But make no mistake, the threat is still there--and the predator will decide if its prey, the ostrich, lives or dies. "No-Firearms-Allowed" signs are similarly ineffective, and the two-legged predators of this world ignore them at will and do whatever harm they choose to those deluded enough to believe such signs work. Those who have gone through the process of obtaining legal permits will not fall victim to these predators, for they will stay away from where they (and their legally sanctioned means of self-defense) are not wanted. They will refuse to be prey...ergo, natural selection. Brutal, to be certain, but then so is a state of nature, which is essentially the state in which criminals operate, since they have rejected the social contract which the majority of society respects. Their prey, however, too often fail to realize this until too late."

I expect nothing useful in result, however.

I know this place is selling the signs, but man oh man:

"A no weapons sign issues stern visual warnings about one of today's most pressing safety concerns — gun-related incidents. No firearms signs protect the grounds 24/7/365 with a range of heavy-duty security signs — ideal for a variety of organizational and business environments.

• Illustrate a serious no-weapons policy on your premises. Don’t let the threat of gun incidents or violence overrun the security of your property.

• Graphic red-circle symbol understood by all. Keep firearms away.

One of the strongest security statements you can make. Signs deliver instant, impossible-to-ignore results.

• Heavy-duty construction means [B]years of security protection[B]. Choose from various colors, messages.

• Hover over each design to see material and pricing details. Most signs are available in durable aluminum. Some designs, however, can be ordered with economical plastic or pressure sensitive vinyl."

Hey, don't cut corners - get the heavy-duty signs so you're EXTRA SAFE. Bold emphasis is mine, what BS double-speak.

Keep the positive responses going ladies and gents! :)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post

+1 Then they'll all wonder how it happened and why...
    And clamor for MORE gun control restrictions!

Why are we waiting as though people this stupid will eventually no longer be stupid?

If you can believe in gun control at all, ever, there's a really strong chance that you'll never come to be smart enough to not believe in it.

I truly feel that way.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Anyone think that maybe, since the claims are just SO absurd, that the sellers of the signs are just taking gun-control believers for a ride and having a cynical laugh at their expense?

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    I ignore the signs. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Wow! That's sure to deter the scumbags. They should really feel safe now.
    I am sure the criminals feel much safer robbing the place that doesn't allow the legally carry of guns.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links