No concealed weapon sign - Page 4

No concealed weapon sign

This is a discussion on No concealed weapon sign within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many businesses do not have the signs up, but some said the signs might be a good idea, especially businesses with a high risk of ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No concealed weapon sign

VIP Member
    Many businesses do not have the signs up, but some said the signs might be a good idea, especially businesses with a high risk of robberies, said Kelly Unekis, clerk at Dara's Fast Lane.
    Like many others, I loved this quote. Will she sue the state when someone robs her and she realizes that the signs didn't protect her? Although by now it shouldn't, the lack of actual thought astounds me in quotes like this.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Maybe someone should start adding a little note to the bottom of these signs:

"DOES NOT APPLY TO CRIMINALS".
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I love it. The sign "issues a stern visual warning". That's what we have needed to fight crime, a stern warning. Had we only known this before we could have eliminated crime and drug use long ago.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Ever since I started seeing these signs I wanted to start an establishment and put up a "GUNS WELCOME" sign, just to give the people a reprieve from seeing all this garbage.
    It's a good idea, but I would want to make a stipulation on my sign:
    "If you are licensed to carry a concealed weapon, you and your concealed weapon are welcome here, but your weapon must remain concealed at all times. This means no showing it off, and no fiddling with it. Concealed means concealed."

If the sign is being used at a gun shop, then a stipulation should be made that if you plan to ask questions about your carry gun and will need to examine that gun, bring it in unloaded (and carry something else that you won't be fiddling with that day).

My sign could get awful wordy awful fast.

"A no weapons sign issues stern visual warnings about one of today's most pressing safety concerns — gun-related incidents. No firearms signs protect the grounds 24/7/365 with a range of heavy-duty security signs — ideal for a variety of organizational and business environments."

I wonder if the company that sells these signs is prepared for a lawsuit by one of their clients if their signs fail to "protect" the property from a crime committed with a firearm. After all they're supposed to protect 24-7-365.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    So if I put up a "No Criminals in the Store" sign, they will all not visit a business. This is the greatest idea ever, security systems will be a thing of the past....***. They need to at least make the sign out of Kevlar so when you do get shot at, you can actually use the sign for something.
    I always thought a "NO ROBBERIES" sign would be better.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

If I owned a retail business, it would read...

WARNING!

This store allows citizens to Carry Weapons!

If you attempt to rob... the person coming out of the
    bathroom or standing in the corner may
    Blow Your Brains Out without Warning!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    If I owned a retail business, it would read...

WARNING!

This store allows citizens to Carry Weapons!

If you attempt to rob... the person coming out of the
    bathroom or standing in the corner may
    Blow Your Brains Out without Warning!
    Dont forget to include a gun and a big green checkmark on it as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAngel View Post
    Banks should be an incredibly easy to grasp example of this. Banks always have the "No guns" signs posted. Does that prevent bank robberies? Um, no...
    No banks here posted/

Banks

My local Key bank had a no GUN sign a couple of yers ago. They replaced it with a no motorcycle helmets sign and a no cell phone sign. i ask the manager about the no cell phones and he said it was because ppl would get up to the teller and be so into their cell phone they couldn't do business.

I actually took my cell phone back to the car locked it in the gun box after I disabled it by removing the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    I actually took my cell phone back to the car locked it in the gun box after I disabled it by removing the battery.
    You made me spit coffee on my key board. :216:
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

I sent the following to the retailer:

I have a question regarding your "No Weapons" signs. How do the signs protect property? I am refering to the phrase, "No firearms signs protect the grounds 24/7/365...". Do the customers that purchase these signs (or those that sell them) actually believe that a criminal, intent on doing harm, is going to be discouraged by a sign? I can tell you with great certainty, they will not. I can also tell you, with great certainty, that having such signs posted will drive away customers that exercise their constitutionally protected right to carry a firearm for self defense. Driving away those customers actually creates a safer environment for the criminals and, therefore, a less safe environment for customers and employees where the signs are posted. I am not writing with any misguided belief that your company will immediately cease selling the signs. I am writing to generate awareness of the potential ramifications that could be associated with use of the signs. I am also hoping to reinforce the fact that signs, in and of themselves, in no way, shape, or form, can protect anyone from anything. They can, however, generate a false sense of security that can lead to disasterous consequenses.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post

Security notice: We employ no security measures. Please stop by and rob us!

And the sheep get sheepier
    I've seen those, and always thought they meant no revolvers. I carry a .40 semi-auto, so naturally walk right on in....

Don't make fun of these signs, this company is on to something! I am going to invest in this company tomorrow. I've heard about their new line of "No Terrorism" signs to be debuted shortly, they're really going to make a huge difference. Imagine how safe the streets of Baghdad will be with "No IEDs" signs along the streets.

Speaking of safety, how about "No Car Accident" signs along our nation's highways? There is even an unconfirmed rumor that they're currently in development to produce a "No Global Warming" sign, to let the Earth know we won't stand for any more of this climate change.

The world doesn't change because you post a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Sign that "protect" don't exist. You might find one that can provide some concealment. You could possibly find one somewhere that could provide some cover. But you are not going to find one that provides any protection no matter how "heavy-duty" it is.
    I disagree. We could make the sign out of 1/4"steel and make it big enough to surround the establishment. THAT might protect the -ple occupants.
    "The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
    Malcolm Forbes

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links