A 45 page masterpiece

This is a discussion on A 45 page masterpiece within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; a must read...I may have misused the word "masterpiece"...what I actually meant to say was that it is a worthless piece of garbage, lies, and ...

Thread: A 45 page masterpiece

A 45 page masterpiece

a must read...I may have misused the word "masterpiece"...what I actually meant to say was that it is a worthless piece of garbage, lies, and propaganda.

http://www.gunlawsuits.org/pdf/featu...snbusiness.pdf
    Last edited by raysheen; June 5th, 2007 at 11:51 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the post. We need to be aware of the tactics the Brady bunch will use. It also points out the continued need to push for roll-back of restrictive regulation. We can use incrementalism to our benefit, as well.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

What a load of...

I could only read part of this before I wanted to throw up!

Police departments UNANIMOUSLY think CCW is bad law.

Give me a break.

I can't find words to express my disgust.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

What a crock....I read through page 25 and realized how high my blood pressure was getting. There are so many inaccuracies in that document.

Thanks for the link.
    P.E.T.A = People eating tasty animals

There is room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Thanks for the post. We need to be aware of the tactics the Brady bunch will use. It also points out the continued need to push for roll-back of restrictive regulation. We can use incrementalism to our benefit, as well.
    yeah I certainly like to know my enemies...
    ...but this one WAS hard to read without getting ill

it's hard to pick out the WORST quote from the "article" but this one really gets me
    Given these huge flaws in the application process, there is growing evidence that CCW licensees pose grave dangers to the population at large and to businesses that allow such persons to carry guns freely on business premises.

I got thru the first 2 pages

before my lunch started backing up and my blood pressure shot up. I'd like to see a business that had a violent act occur after they took that advice sue those lying sobs. "How could this happen?? The gunman walked right passed the no gun signs." They must be defective.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Wow, so it's people who carry legally after background checks and training that are the problem, not scumbags out to finance a fix from the store's cash register. Thanks - never would have known that!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    What absolute drivel! Typical Brady Bunch scare tactics to paint everyday citizens as a potential (or even likely) criminal, held back only by their lack of a weapon. Their "insurance companies will cancel your policy if you don't post a 'No Guns' sign" line was priceless. Funny, I didn't see anything in there about assuming liability for injury to people you disarmed by your policies.

I don't have time to read the whole thing (at work), but I'll bet they steer very wide around the fact that no sign has ever stopped someone bent on commiting a crime. If it were that simple, I suppose the stores should also put up "No Stealing" signs, and fire all their loss prevention staff.

On page 9 they relate a case that occured here in Dallas:

In the other case, a CCW licensee shot and killed an unarmed man from inside his vehicle after a minor traffic accident.
    The incident started when an employee being trained for a messenger service had his side mirror clipped by the CCW licensee,
    who was driving another vehicle. There was no damage to the messenger’s car, and he intended to drive on, but the CCW
    licensee slowed down and pulled over.
    The unarmed messenger then approached the stopped car and the two men began to
    argue. When the messenger reached in and punched the CCW licensee, he was shot in the chest by the licensee’s .40 caliber
    handgun. Witnesses said the messenger did not appear to have any hostile intent when he approached the car, but matters
    escalated and he was killed. Others called the messenger who was killed “a teddy bear kind of guy and very easygoing.” Dallas
    police initially charged the CCW licensee with murder, claiming he clearly exceeded the legal use of deadly force. A grand jury,
    however, later failed to indict him. See Mark Potok, Texas Slaying tests Bounds of Weapons Law, USA Today, Feb. 23, 1996; Sam
    Howe Verhover, Traffic Argument in Texas Raises Questions on New Freedom to Carry Guns, New York Times, Feb. 23, 1996;
    Robert Ingrassia, Gun Law at Center of Fatality, Dallas Morning News, Feb. 22, 1996, at 1A.

I've boldfaced two outright distortions of the truth: 1- The licensee did not stop and pull over - he was caught at a red light. 2-The victim did a little more than "punch", he proceeded to beat the licensee severely, striking him multiple times. The licensee shot as he was losing consicousness.
    S&W 6946

"Happiness is a warm gun." The Beatles - 1969

This document should be printed on toilet paper...fitting...

:hand7:

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I finally read alot of this garbage. I can only read so much before wanting to puke.

I refuse to read it, i know it will make me sick
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Sarah and the Sob Sisters don't put money in the business owners pockets nor food on their tables. We do! Don't be shy about telling them you won't give them a dime in the future unless they get a clue and lose the sign.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Sarah and the Sob Sisters don't put money in the business owners pockets nor food on their tables. We do! Don't be shy about telling them you won't give them a dime in the future unless they get a clue and lose the sign.

+1 on that,

I skimed about 12 pages and need to read no more. It is typical of anti-gun propaganda
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links