A whole community of sheeple!

This is a discussion on A whole community of sheeple! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went with a friend today to a place in Hot Springs Arkansas to pick up some lumber and when we got near the place it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A whole community of sheeple!

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar

Went with a friend today to a place in Hot Springs Arkansas to pick up some lumber and when we got near the place it was a Community called "Hot Springs Village". Well any way there was a gatehouse to this community at every entrance and p[osted beside the gatehouse was a sign that said carrying a firearm is prohibited here. Never thought I would seen so many at one time. what was the statement in the move Tombstone. No one is saying you can t carry a Gun you just cant carry one in town. Just left mine behind in the vehicle.

JD
    Administrator
    Crime spree anyone?

GGGGGGGeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... that is crazy! When the crime spree hits who ya gonna call.... 911 dial a prayer.

Thats wild! wonder how many have a gun sitting in their closet?

I'm glad I am a cop and don't hafta read signs on doors and roll my eyes and shake my head.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by preachertim View Post
    Went with a friend today to a place in Hot Springs Arkansas to pick up some lumber and when we got near the place it was a Community called "Hot Springs Village". Well any way there was a gatehouse to this community at every entrance and p[osted beside the gatehouse was a sign that said carrying a firearm is prohibited here. Never thought I would seen so many at one time. what was the statement in the move Tombstone. No one is saying you can t carry a Gun you just cant carry one in town. Just left mine behind in the vehicle.
    Obviously full of over the Hill Libs who PAY for Protection,
    (which may not be there when they need it.)
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member
    I like a safe place to live, hey.

I just hope they have a high fence to keep these sheep in the pen.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

My sister used live there, and I visited twice, but concealed is just that.

It brings up the question as to the authority of HSV vs the state law. Many/most states have some preemption law that prevents local cities and towns from making such a law as HSV.

Anybody here have any knowledge of that?

Jerry

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Arkansas state law pre-empts such stupidity and their signs mean as much as nothing.

ETA: Make that I'm 100% sure:

A local unit of government shall not enact any ordinance or regulation pertaining to, or regulate in any other manner, the ownership, transfer, transportation, carrying, or possession of firearms, ammunition for firearms, or components of firearms, except as otherwise provided in state or federal law. This shall not prevent the enactment of an ordinance regulating or forbidding the unsafe discharge of a firearm.
    Only the State of Arkansas has the authority to bring suit against a firearm or ammunition manufacturer or dealer, however in a proclamation by the Governor of a state of emergency, the governing body of a local unit of government may enact an emergency ordinance regulating firearms.
    Sources: Arkansas Code Annotated § 5-73-101 through § 5-73-402.

Why would anyone, having a license to carry a firearm, NOT know this?

Isn't one of our primary responsibilities to know ALL laws regarding the carrying of firearms?

Why would anyone comply with a clearly illegal law? And then call others sheep?

PM
    Folks, it is not a city, I will bet. It is a sub-division; condo place; Apartment complex. These can be posted in KS and I will bet in most other areas/states as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    Folks, it is not a city, I will bet. It is a sub-division; condo place; Apartment complex. These can be posted in KS and I will bet in most other areas/states as well.
    No, they cannot. And a bet a halfway decent lawyer can sue a HOA and win over this.

Senior Moderator
    I'm pretty sure Arkansas state law pre-empts such stupidity and their signs mean as much as nothing.
    That is correct. While they can post any sign that they want, they cannot activley enforce it because concealed carry is a lawfully recognized activity that is licensed by the state.

That sign has been there since day 1. I know several people that live there and they are avid hunters. At least two of them have enough weapons in their arsenal to equip a third world army.

Hot Springs Village is a gated community right off of Highway 7. Its acutally a nice place to live. It was started before CHL's were reality.Most of the people that live there are retired.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    There is a gated community in Nashville that does this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links