CCW'ers that DON'T carry

This is a discussion on CCW'ers that DON'T carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At first I got mine to be able to easily buy guns, and carry them in the truck without worry. That was then Now I ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CCW'ers that DON'T carry

At first I got mine to be able to easily buy guns, and carry them in the truck without worry.

That was then

Now

I carry just about everywhere I go. Can't at work or like said before in NC, restaurants that sell alcohol to consume there, but it is to the point that I almost feel naked without it, I continuously find myself asking, what are you going to do now if TSHTF.
    To prove my point, I was just cutting grass, had the PF9 in my pocket. Came in kissed the baby goodnight got undressed and disarmed then remembered I needed gas before going to work tomorrow. Redressed being sure to get the gun, got to the gas station and realized I forgot to get my wallet. Go figure, remember the gun, forgot the wallet!!
    Luckily it is a local station and they said no problem we'll see you again soon anyways, I went right back to pay though after retrieving my wallet.

FMC

2. Remove Ads

I have carried a gun for 25 years, and no one knew about it. I now legally carry a gun according to the law, and most still do not know about it. Of those I took my class with, none carry. 8 members of my family have their CCW, including my wife. Of those, I would bet that none carry more than very sporadic, just not of the same mindset I have. I did and still encourage all to do it, as some have stated, it keeps the numbers up there and looks good. Other than that, to each their own. In Missouri, you can carry now in your car legally, and 95% of the people I tell it to still do not understand the law. Most are too busy with other things than this, but it is all good.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Opened the same thread in October, 2006 ("Permit but no carry?).

A lively discussion.

Permit but no carry?

Can't fix stupid.

My wife doesn't always want to carry, but if I'm with her I don't say too much...she will sometimes take something with her, but not often.

I have been working in a Florida school for the last two years, so I cannot carry there. As soon as I walk in the door at home, it's right to the safe and the gun is immediately on my hip and then at night...sleeps right next to me. When I leave in the morning, Mr. Kimber is back in the safe for the day...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA

No CCW on Base

Being Active Duty, I have to leave the G23 locked up at home when at work and when I go (or Think I'll be going) on Base. It's a habit to have my sidearm on me when going anywhere else

no carry

I have had my carry permit for 25 years. I carry a lot more since 9-11. About the only time I don't carry is the post office, work and school's
    My wife took a new job and was told that she should carry mace when in the field.
    But in Mass. you need a carry permit for mace.
    So she took the pistol course and past the permit process.

I am in process of getting my CCW here in KY, but will not be carrying, at least initially. I am pretty new to the whole scene (though I have thought about it for years) and as such, I want to get plenty of range time and practice in before I would consider carrying on any sort of regular basis. That said, I am obtaining my CCW at this time for a few reasons.
    1. It will ease my first handgun purchase
    2. It relieves any knife carrying concerns.
    3. Ease of 'carrying' a handgun to and from range (or wherever) while getting acclimated to a potential regular carry situation.

I guess an important aspect to it is that I would not want to carry until I can do so in a manner that is responsible and with the appropriate level of experience. The last thing I would want to do is have my inexperience create a situation that would tarnish the image of those who carry. I see it as a big responsibility and as such don't want to jump in too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post
    Permit but no carry?

Can't fix stupid.
    I can't bring my gun into where I work or eat lunch. I think having my gun stolen from my vehicle is more likely than me needing it while driving, which would be the only time I could carry it during the week.

If I'm in my jeep (lifted with 33"x12.5" mud tires) and someone in a bass-thumping acura decides to assault me, I'll just go monster-truck on their ricer.

... but I guess I'm just stupid

I carry whenever it is legal for me to do so, and most always when at home. To paraphrase, I believe, the immortal Jeff Cooper, the first rule in a gunfight is to always bring a gun.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

I don't know anyone with a CHL who doesn't carry. On the contrary, I know a couple of people who don't have their CHL yet who do carry, mostly while they're travelling or while on private property.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by What the? View Post
    .Unless someone wants to make me a steel box for 20 bucks...
    Cheap and works well.http://www.missouricarry.com/mostore...od&productId=4
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by What the? View Post
    I can't bring my gun into where I work or eat lunch. I think having my gun stolen from my vehicle is more likely than me needing it while driving, which would be the only time I could carry it during the week.
    Just started a new job this past week. SOP manual says no weapons. Mine will stay in the car while I'm in the office. Don't like it but I think the job is the right one for me, so we'll see.

NOT being able to carry is different from the point of this and similar threads. The point is, if you can legally carry, why don't you?

Certainly, we are all faced with prohibitions: jobs, post office, courthouse, LE stations, schools, bars, places of worship, etc. But if you believe in the concept of self defense and concealed carry, why would you not carry if there was not a legal prohibition?

PM
    I have a carry permit and carry occationally. The main reason I don't carry much is: 1) can't at work and do not want to leave the gun locked in the car. 2) Schools (and until the last month or so daycares in KS) were no carry zones. That is my week days. Saturday I might care depending on what we are doing Walmart grocery store. Sunday, again when I first got permit Church was no carry and that is about it. I also do not feel unsafe where I live. I got the permit more for the times I am in the urban setting.

Although, the last couple of morings (I open at Fast food place) we have had a truck lurking in the lot. Thought about having it in the car; GM, who knows I have permit, hint I might want to have it available --- but still not sure about having job if I would need to use it; SO did not take CCW with me; did not need it this morning. Either the PD patrol we requested got them to leave early or their interest has deminished (not betting on the latter.)

eww
    Can't carry at work. Military Base. Well equiped all other times.

Can't carry at work. Military Base.
    I know that's the rule, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links