Defensive Carry banner

Ramanda Inn Armed Robbery

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Daps 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 · (Edited)
Hmmm, lets see here:

Vid 1:

Draw when jackass repockets/ lowers his handgun below the counter. You show me that thing, you better keep it on me. Many times you could draw during that. And hell when he sat the damn gun on the counter would be your best time to draw.

Vid 2:

First I think I would laugh at Mr. Bolt Action with his scope. Draw when he crouches down and rifle aims at ceiling. Depending on how he reacts to me I will have to decide if I fire or not. If he drops the gun so be it, but if he tilts it my way I am putting some rounds through him.

#3 ·
Vid one. You don't know that he's repocketed just put down to side. When he pushed to the backroom there is time to drawI may have headed to the back room as he put the pistol on the counter and locked the door.

Vid two the gun is on him the whole time scope or not. If I saw before he entered with the rifle that would be the window of opportunity

#5 ·
I work at a hotel too. I would have done nothing 'cause I am not allowed to carry at work.
The clerk in the first video is lucky. The Bad Guy gave him a reprieve.

#10 ·
Dam, thats too bad. I dont always carry cuz i havnt purchased a lowrise holster yet and i always have to tuck my shirt in.

Just a matter of time tho :)

#6 ·
I used to work graveyard shift at a Ramada front desk, back before I was 21. Looking back on it now, it was probably a stupid thing to do unarmed. I had to call the local PD more than once in the 4 months that I worked there, but was never robbed/threathened personally.

Vid #1 - If either the clerk or the patron who sees the BG jump over the desk had been armed, there were multiple opportunities to draw on him. The BG was clearly assuming he was the only one armed (which was apparently correct).

Vid #2 - If the clerk had done any mental scenarios, and realized what was happening fast enough, there was an opportunity to sprint back into the back room, out of view, when the BG cycled the bolt on his rifle. If the BG jumps the counter to follow him, he gets ventilated with the clerk's freshly drawn pistol. If that opportunity is missed, the only other one I saw was when he bent down behind the counter.

#7 ·
We just got back from vacation. I carried while there - even if I just walked down to get ice or the little breakfast they served or just to use their internet.
Like the video shows - you never know when or where something like that might happen.
It's good to try and always be prepared.

#12 ·
Exactly, i find myself constantly observing the guests that walk into our lobby. Fortunately, there are smaller, easier, motels to rip off than the one i work at.

#8 ·
I agree with Scheetz.

My only difference is that toward Vid 2 I would probably laugh inside and then soon as he did did down as he did doing whatever he was doing that would be his last thing done. I'd draw and fire upon him.
If I by chance happened to see him enter with the rifle I'd attempt to exit immediately if such an option were available to me.

- Janq

#9 ·
Vid #1...
Once the BG pulled and pointed the gun, he has made his bad intentions clearly understood. If the guy at the counter had had a weapon, it could have been drawn and used to dispatch the BG when he lowered his weapon below the counter...in this case I would have despensed with the 2CM/1H...(because of the windows and posibble individuals behind), and made it 3CM.

Vid #2...
This BG was a little more cautious, but the opportunity for a 2 sec draw/fire 3x was possible. Also, moving and shooting would have made the scoped rifle much more difficult to use...
A bolt action scoped rifle used for a robbery...what an idiot!

Neither is a scenario I would want to be involved in...
It's easy to describe what to do sitting here at the computer, however, with a gun pointed at 'you', I know the brain cells are:confused::gah:and the thinking is out of the question...simply a will to live and a split second to take action...fully committed...

Either guy could have easily been shot...AFTER...giving the money to the BG...this happens all the time!

My wife and I talk a lot about reacting quickly and violently...no questions asked...

Tough call for sure!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret:urla9ub:

#11 ·
Video 1: I would have drawn as soon as he put his gun back to his side and fired.

Video 2: I would have drawn as soon as he ducked down behind the counter, and fired as soon as he came back up. Hopefully getting a shot or a few shots off before he got his one off.

Of course if I had the opportunity to put some space or a locked door or anything like that between them and myself I would have. But I would think that being in a tight space like behind the counter could make that a little hard to do.

#13 ·
Reading all this stuff about being in a hotel while robbed at gunpoint is unnerving...I'm in a hotel right now..lol 2wks to go!

#14 ·
I would have shot the guy in the first vid as there were plenty of opportunities as other posters have stated.

In the second, There really wasn't time to do anything other than what the guy did unless he could have grabbed the rifle and came across the counter while the idiot was chambering a round.

What kind of stooge goes in to rob somebody at gunpoint without a round in the chamber? Oh well, I guess it worked out ok for him, cause he got the money.

#18 ·
Don't have much to add alot of of it's been said.

Vid1. Dude was lucky. I'm really surprised he wasn't shot just for talking the way he did'

Vid2. That one would've been tough. You almost had to catch him as he was coming in. Even when he took the time to work the bolt you would've had to be fast and almost shooting from retention. It's not a lot duck and move room back there. The clerk would have had to been carrying OC, drawing from a tucked position in video 2 imo would been tough. If I was carrying tucked when the guy was ducking I may would have thought about throwing the money tray at him or his direction to maybe distract him or toss it fast and behind him hoping he may turn around to see what was going on while moving and drawing down on him.

Vid1 the BG gave plenty of opportunities to get a good shot off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.