Sheriff calls for guns on campus and mental health reform. - Page 2

Sheriff calls for guns on campus and mental health reform.

This is a discussion on Sheriff calls for guns on campus and mental health reform. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SCGuy What I'd love to tell the people who claim that the police won't be able to tell the bad guys from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheriff calls for guns on campus and mental health reform.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGuy View Post
    What I'd love to tell the people who claim that the police won't be able to tell the bad guys from the good is that if they follow proper procedure and yell something like "Police! Freeze!" the good guys will comply while the bad guys will most likely try to run or shoot at the police.
    Or, we could have CCW badges ;)

This guy is saying nothing more than the truth.

- Janq

"The problem is that it isn't illegal to be crazy and the system is ill equipped to deal with the chronically mentally ill." - Jim Alderden, Larimer County Sheriff
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
    Here's something I dug up......

Psychiatric Analysis Shows
    Anti-Gun People Suffer "Mental Condition"
    Let me narrow down the article...it's called,

NO BALLS...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Is that an attempt at refuting the acknowledged fact that in the vast majority of cases, the police arrive after, not during, the commission of the crime?

No, it was just a gentle reminder to keep the thread on topic. Threads similar to this have degenerated into cop-bashing in the past and that is not tolerated on this forum.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

"There's no standard way to identify the good guys versus the bad guys in the middle of an active shooting situation. It tremendously complicates the response for officers responding," said Wiesley.
    Yes, there is. The bad guy is the one shooting everyone. The good guy is the one shooting the bad guy.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Just think how happy one of the VA Tech students would have been if someone in their classroom pulled out a gun and dropped the BG in the hallway. Everyone is cowering and listening to the gunshots draw closer, and then HAPPINESS AND JOY someone in their midst produces a firearm and stops the boogeyman. But alas, just days prior to this, the university leaders were chuckling and toasting each other over successfully derailing legislation that would have allowed CC on campus. So very sad when intellectual ideas are put to the reality test and found lacking. On paper it looked great: no guns on campus. Tragically, the psychotic little Cho completely ignored their rules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links