Been compromised in public?

This is a discussion on Been compromised in public? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm hopin that by the time I get home here in a couple more weeks, she'll be there waitin for me. I'll definatley let you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Been compromised in public?

I'm hopin that by the time I get home here in a couple more weeks, she'll be there waitin for me. I'll definatley let you know how it is...this one will be for a J Frame.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

2. Remove Ads

I to have had problems with Uncle Mike's in the past. My Jeep has a 5 inch lift so getting in and out isn't so easy, more than once the holster pulled out of my pants. The most embarrassing moment was in the bathroom of a Target store. I sat down to well, you know, anyway as soon as my pants were around my ankles my .380 keltec slid out of it's pocket holster right onto the floor. I saw it as soon as it happened, picked it up and put it back in my pocket. The trouble was there were two kids ( probaply brothers) in the stall next to me and one of them saw the gun. I heard one of them whisper "that man has got a gun" the other one said " do you think he's going to shoot us" I was mortified. Just then their Mother yelled at them to hurry up. The kids left, then I finished. I just new when I opened the door to leave a whole SWAT Team was going to be pointing M4's at me and putting me in awkward positions on the ground. When I finally left no one was around so I got the hell out of Dodge
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

[QUOTE=purple88yj;394235]I am a lefty and carry my wallet in my left rear pocket.

Makes me think I need to spend the time I am waiting for my permit to become more right handed. I carry my phone and wallet on the left, even walk the dog holding leash in left hand. Guess I need to move those to weak side, bet it's a harder habit to break than I think. By the way, YJ(Jeep?), what do you like in left hand carry guns?

Bullseye...sorry, but that was a bit funny....good that you got out of that one though.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Quote Originally Posted by HnKuspDude View Post
    went to pull up my shorts a bit and then it happened...the holster actually came loose and the only thing holding it in place was my arm held against my side...I calmly made my way to the restrooms, hopefully not looking to strange with my arm against my side and hand in my pocket....I was able to adjust the holster and everything was good...but boy was I nervous...I just didn't want to drop it on the floor. Has anything like this happened to any of you guys or gals? What did you do?
    Nope, nothing even remotely like that has ever happened to me. I do not use those cheap uncle Mikes soft nylon holsters, for that very reason.

The cheapest ones I use are Fobus kydex holsters. They hold the gun very securely and don't cost much more than a UM soft nylon one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

HKR
    I had only been carrying for about two months when my spare G-27 mag bounced off the floor at the grocery store.Wife and I both reached for it at the same time and the only other people on isle with us [ 2 40ish men] were more interested in my wife's v-neck sweater. Having a hot wife comes in handy. And to the guy who dropped on the bathroom floor , don't feel bad, local ex-deputy went to the b-room at the local Taco Bell after he ate. An employee found his Sig laying on the floor 2 hours later and contacted the Sheriff's Office.He hadn't realized it was gone yet. Was allowed to resign after two more serious f-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by HnKuspDude View Post
    I'm waiting on a new Crossbreed, and for the time being, I am using one of those soft Uncle Mikes IWB.
    I've only been carrying for a little over a week now, so I haven't had that happen so far. I know how you feel about the Uncle Mike's IWB, I'm using one until my K&D comes and I look forward to the day I can throw it away.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Once dropped my HK USP in my driveway. don't think the neighbors saw, but it really was a bad feeling to see it hit pavement.

Ditto on all details...

Lousy Unc Mike's paddle, P239 almost went into the toilet-literally
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I've got a custom made (Horseshoe Leather) SOB leather holster for my .45. One of the first times I wore it, went to the john, and outa habit, backed up to the throne and unbuckled my belt... well, the .45 is a tad weighty, and that belt, when set free - well, gravity was working.

I've got good reflexes, and slapped the belt at the last loop - my .45 and custom leather holster was IN the toliet but above the water. I slowly stood up on my toes and backed gracefully away...

I shoulda gotten points for style.

And I'ma ******* lot more careful undoing my belt now.
    Hey Pelosi, Murtha, Ron Paul: "Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged."

Signed: President Abraham Lincoln

Did anyone wearing a suit coat have it blown open while walking into an applebees? Cuz I saw you! thankfully the only ppl sitting where you could see it was boy bf and i so we just chuckled.
    Havnt had any experiences like that as i just got my first pistol and am waiting on both my holster (which was out of stock.. arg) and my cpl
    *twiddles thumbs impatiently*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links