2 Types of NYS CCW Permits???

This is a discussion on 2 Types of NYS CCW Permits??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a new CCW permit holder, I think... I was looking at http://www.packing.org/state/new_york/permit and it is diffent than mine that was issued in Jefferson ...

Thread: 2 Types of NYS CCW Permits???

Question 2 Types of NYS CCW Permits???

I am a new CCW permit holder, I think... I was looking at http://www.packing.org/state/new_york/permit and it is diffent than mine that was issued in Jefferson County.
    My permit is Light Green with green wavy lines in a checker like pattern, paper, and has no restriction codes on it. It just states
    "license to carry pistol is hereby granted" My name and address and judge signature. On back it has my thumb print and all of my pistols.

The one on Packing.org is white and has codes on it. My question is, Is mine a permit to possess but not CCW. Or is the green one a newer one that is good for all around CCW?? The permit office was not very helpful when I called, they basically just told me to be responsible. Almost like they did not know either. What gives their supposed to be SME. Any good information would be most helpful.
    Last edited by dynamo55b; June 7th, 2007 at 09:59 PM.
    Zuma Forums --- Youtube Channel Link
    Yamaha Zuma 125 in Black: 164cc w/ forge piston upgrade, Yosh CF pipe, Pirelli GTS23/24 tires, Force Works ECU, SRT 4 hole injector, Race camshaft, and KOSO 28mm TB w/ manifold,

2. Remove Ads

The permits look different from county to county.
    I'm assuming you applied for a carry permit. They can restrict to hunting/target, but that will be clearly typed on the face of it, sounds like it's not.
    There's also a premises permit, but as you said you have a carry permit.

Short version, it's a concealed carry permit. Congrats!

Ok got it

You see where the confusion lay. Along as I'm good in centeral and western NY I have no issues. Won't ever go to NYC with pistol.

Permit scan.blanked out.bmp mine

new_york_imgUgKMfK_ny_ccw.jpg other guy
    Yamaha Zuma 125 in Black: 164cc w/ forge piston upgrade, Yosh CF pipe, Pirelli GTS23/24 tires, Force Works ECU, SRT 4 hole injector, Race camshaft, and KOSO 28mm TB w/ manifold,

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I believe also there is 2 types in NY, there is a Premisis permit that only allows you to have a handgun in the home, (you can't take it to the shooting range) the only time you can take it out of your home is to a licensed gunsmith or repair facility. There then is a Carry permit which allows you to have it with you, thus taking it to the range. At least that was how it was explained to me by an Instructor on Long Island.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

your pemit looks like mine, you are lucky in that the county you reside the judges impose no restrictions, mine is target/hunting(saratoga co)

I'm good even in counties that have restrictions right?? Besides NYC and surrounding areas

Yes, outside of NYC you're legal, even if the county you're in usually issues restricted permits.

I have to say the LEO's in water town are cool. You got your permit that is sweet.

I have been up your way and was in a vary large traffic stop. I was riding in a group of ATVers and we were on a road not open to ATV traffic. They checked our info. One guy had the wrong papers for his machine and the cop couldn't tell the difference. The let us all go with a warning.

Links