New WV CCW reciprocity states added - Page 2

New WV CCW reciprocity states added

This is a discussion on New WV CCW reciprocity states added within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Frogman This is great news! I live in WV along the Ohio River and travel frequently to OH. Now my permit will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    This is great news! I live in WV along the Ohio River and travel frequently to OH. Now my permit will be good there!!
    Make SURE that VW is listed in the Ohio AG's reciprocity webpage. If WV is not on there, do not carry here until it is no matter what your AG says.

Indiana recognizes OH CHLs, but Ohio does NOT recognize theirs, for example.

ETA: I just checked and WV is not there: OH AG CHL reciprocity
    Last edited by Smith&Wessonfan; June 14th, 2007 at 06:29 AM.

So OH CCW is valid in WV, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    So OH CCW is valid in WV, right?
    If Ohio appears on the WV AG's reciprocity webpage, yes.

Be really careful about carrying in NC or Ohio. Neither state has posted any sort of reciprocity information about WV as yet. It may just be an oversight, but make sure before you carry there. I travel to Ohio quite frequently, so Im goiing to have to make sure.

I'm pretty pleased about being able to carry in florida though. I go there twice a year.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

I can carry in virginia. Now, if Ga and South carolina would recognize our permits, I could carry all the way to florida and back.(I dont fly..I drive..since they won't let me take my glock on the plane.)
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

It would seem that WV CCW holders are clear to carry in Ohio.

Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:50:14 -0400 I am happy to report that we have received confirmation of the West Virginia-Ohio concealed handgun license reciprocity agreement from the Ohio Attorney General’s office. The West Virginia-Ohio reciprocity agreement is accessible online in PDF format through the Ohio Attorney General’s concealed handgun reciprocity page at http://www.ag.state.oh.us/le/prevent...eciprocity.asp
    Please remember that when carrying in another state, the laws of that state apply when you are carrying. Ohio has numerous regulations on the conduct of individuals who are lawfully carrying concealed handguns, including types of places where carrying is prohibited and unique rules for carrying in a vehicle. Specific information on Ohio’s concealed carry and car carry laws can be found on pages 14-22 of the Ohio AG’s concealed carry law publication at http://www.ag.state.oh.us/le/prevent...et20070314.pdf

Because of the problems we experienced with the announcement of West Virginia’s establishment of reciprocity with Ohio, we have been working to independently verify from each of West Virginia’s new reciprocal states whether they understand the reciprocity agreements to be effective. Of these states, all but North Carolina have been able to provide independent confirmation through their official reciprocity web sites. We are working diligently to verify the status of the West Virginia-North Carolina reciprocity agreement.

Until we can confirm reciprocity with the North Carolina AG’s office, we continue to caution against carrying in North Carolina with only a West Virginia permit. You may carry a concealed handgun in North Carolina with a permit issued by any state on North Carolina’s reciprocity list without regard to whether you are a resident of that state. The North Carolina reciprocity list is located at

http://www.ncdoj.com/DocumentStreame...stofstates.pdf

The WVCDL web site will be updated this evening to reflect these developments.

Jim Mullins, President West Virginia Citizens Defense League info@wvcdl.org

www.wvcdl.org

Nice. Welcome to packing in the Buckeye State!

Thanks for the update Lawrence. Looks like WV ccw holders are now legal to carry in OH. I made a copy of the OH AG's release from the site you listed above. I will keep it with me when I carry in OH for a while, just in case. Great news. Thanks again for keeping us informed!

You are quite welcome. I travel to ohio for knife shows and to bass pro shops pretty often, and to be able to legally carry there finally is great. I just want everyone to do it legally.

Some of those larger ohio cities are very dangerous...such as Dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney View Post
    Some of those larger ohio cities are very dangerous...such as Dayton.
    Yep. Never go unarmed there. Especially anywhere between I 70 and US 35.

Have any additional states been added??

This is great news! I don't get to West Virginia very often, but I am always happy to see another state added to the list.

SD honors EVERY state's permits by the way. Now, if three of the neighbor states would get going on the agreements it would do us some good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links