National Permit for Military? - Page 3

National Permit for Military?

This is a discussion on National Permit for Military? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig Yes there is a concealed carry permit in the military that any commander can issue to his troops that allows them ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Permit for Military?

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Yes there is a concealed carry permit in the military that any commander can issue to his troops that allows them to carry concealed their "issued duty weapon". It is rarely issued and often unknown, but it is only for "on duty" with an "official issued weapon".
    Now that you mention it I remember seeing either a DD or DA Form for CC in a pubs listing once. I remember looking for it in the forms warehouse, but could never find one, and never saw one. Kind of like a mythical creature of some kind.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    ...Kind of like a mythical creature of some kind.
    Behold, the white buffalo...

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Now that you mention it I remember seeing either a DD or DA Form for CC in a pubs listing once. I remember looking for it in the forms warehouse, but could never find one, and never saw one. Kind of like a mythical creature of some kind.

Some time ago I actually look the form up for a soldier who made a post either on here and provided him with a copy of it. All it actually takes is a "Commanding Officers" signature, and the regulations do not specify what level of commander. So a company commander can actually sign one and all of his personnel can carry an issued weapon if he so feels fit. Problem with it though is that most LEOs dont know about them and thus issues are created.

As far as flight crews go, yes they are (like military police) allowed to carry when on duty. US Secret Service carry weapons under the exact same laws as do all other federal agent, who represent one of the 38 different (might be off on that number now days) federal "Departments" which each have investigative folks. Ie "Department" of Justice, "Department" of Defense, "Department of Education (you get the idea) each and every federal "Department" has investigators and all are allowed to carry weapons. When traveling overseas, its a little different as you need carry authority from the country your carrying in. I have my Russian one framed, because it was pretty neat to have a carry permit issued by the Russian Government and written in their language.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    When traveling overseas, its a little different as you need carry authority from the country your carrying in. I have my Russian one framed, because it was pretty neat to have a carry permit issued by the Russian Government and written in their language.
    Years ago one of the overseas protective trips I made was for Nixon, he had stops in Salzburg, Warsaw, Moscow, and Tehran. I had the stops in Salzburg and Tehran. The guys that had the Moscow stop came back with the neatest Kremlin security passes!

Someplace I still have my "all-area" pass from Tehran, I was amazed at how many areas WEREN'T included!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links