National Permit for Military?

National Permit for Military?

This is a discussion on National Permit for Military? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so I wanted to call BS on this but did not. would you all please help me out here. a friend of mine claims ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Permit for Military?

me [OP]

Question National Permit for Military?

Ok so I wanted to call BS on this but did not. would you all please help me out here. a friend of mine claims he is going to be getting a national Concealed Carry permit, He claims that it is only available to military personnel because "they travel a lot." He is stationed in Germany and home on leave but would not even be able to use it in Germany. Am I right to want to call bull.

Also I did call Bull on him telling me he wanted a Glock Snub Nose. I explained to him that a Snub Nose is a revolver and Glock makes Pistols.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    There is no national carry for military unless he is Military Police in which case I am not sure if that will fall under the law that Bush signed a few years back giving cops (or retired cops) the right to carry anywhere!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

VIP Member
    I would assume a snub nosed Glock would be the "Baby Glocks" so for a non-gun person I'd say close enough.

There is no national carry for anyone other than LEOs, so he's wrong or just plain lying.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Ok so I wanted to call BS on this but did not. would you all please help me out here. a friend of mine claims he is going to be getting a national Concealed Carry permit, He claims that it is only available to military personnel because "they travel a lot." He is stationed in Germany and home on leave but would not even be able to use it in Germany. Am I right to want to call bull.

Also I did call Bull on him telling me he wanted a Glock Snub Nose. I explained to him that a Snub Nose is a revolver and Glock makes Pistols.
    Your friend is full of BS. There are no nation-wide permits for anybody, esp not military personnel. The only Soldiers who can carry off duty are CID agents, and that is a function of their job not a permit as such. They carry Sig P228/ M11's. Military law enforcement, except those who qualify as federal agents (CID, NCIS, AFOSI), aren't covered under the LEO carry law. Regular MPs and such don't qualify.

Also, Glock makes compact and subcompact weapons, but "snubnose" is a term for revolvers.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; June 8th, 2007 at 10:23 PM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    AR 190-14
    2–8. Carrying concealed firearms
    a. Military or civilian personnel may carry concealed firearms
    while performing law enforcement or security duties if carrying
    firearms openly would compromise the mission.
    b. Personnel authorized to carry concealed firearms will possess
    documentation identifying their law enforcement or security duty
    status and authorization to carry a concealed firearm. During covert
    operations, field grade commanders or provost marshals may waive
    the requirement to carry identifying documentation if such could
    compromise the mission or endanger the person carrying the
    weapon (requires sufficient control over operations to ensure that
    authorization and identification can be readily verified if required).
    A waiver under such situations does not preclude the requirement
    for written authorization to carry a firearm.
    That's the only military CC permit I know of (it would be good in Germany or anywhere for that matter).

Military police are not actually considered law enforcement, they don't get to carry off duty any more than everyone else (in Alaska, even less).

If there is a military permit, I'd really like to know how he got it because I want one.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

I would doubt that the military commanders would permit such carry. Some might, but many or most would not.

Jerry

umm... BS. ...nuff said.
    What's this button do?

If there is a military permit, I'd really like to know how he got it because I want one.

+1 I want one too!! But there is no such thing. And tell him that he needs to learn his stuff before he starts to carry a loaded gun around.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    He has so much BS he could furtilize a field, he must squish when he walks, he …well you get my drift.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

There has been a rumor (maybe) about OPERATORS being allowed to carry 24/7 as part of thier job.??????

This rumor came from a Navy Master Chief that works in SpecOPS on and in some sensitive areas.

I know he carrys 24/7 and it is a SIG 226 No Civilian CCW as he is stationed in CA. He is not NIS-- ETC

Rumor. Maybe maybe not

me [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by mark555 View Post
    He has so much BS he could furtilize a field, he must squish when he walks, he …well you get my drift.
    I thought so. He has always stretched things and came up with the "I am getting" comments to the point we told him (about cars) that we did not want him to tell us unless he had it parked out side.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I would assume a snub nosed Glock would be the "Baby Glocks" so for a non-gun person I'd say close enough.
    He was honestly talking Glock Revolver.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    I know Navy SpecWar was looking to adopt a smaller pistol for use as a concealed weapon, but I believe it would be mission specific and not just for operators to carry off duty. I'm sure that there are several SOCOM types that carry 25/8 just because of some of the people out there that would like to eliminate them- but that doesn't make it legal.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

It has been a few years, but as I recall, the carrying of a firearm(concealed or open) by the military is based on authorization of the local unit and/or post commander. In the case of military personell having a civilian permit to carry, said permit is not valid while on-duty, on post, or in uniform.

At least that is what it was back in my day.....

Its definitely fertilizer .
    S&W 10 , 19-3 , 39-2 , 469 , 1006 ,3913
    S&W SW99 , M&P40

There IS a Glock Snubby, and I have used it.

I won't go into the details too much, just touch on the highlights.

After the porcelain Glock 7 was introduced c. 1972, certain elements in the black ops/mall security community asked for a revolver made out of the same material. The Glock 60, 61, and 62 were tried - in .357, .41 Mag, and .44 Mag. Not a lot of success - they couldn't stand up to a steady diet of heavy loads. Then (with some suggestions input by myself) they decided to chamber the Glock 66 in 7.65 Nagant. The 66 had a QD 4" barrel extension. If you needed the extra sight radius, you popped off the front sight and snapped in the extension. We had a 7.65 Magnum round made, as well - 95 gr bullet, travelling at 2400 FPS. The +P versions could get up to 3000 FPS - but they were hard on the eardrums, and caused excessive wear on our suppressors.
    The Glock 66 uses the design from the 1895 Nagant Revolver to get around many of the problems seen in wheelguns. You have no trouble with 'forcing cones'. The cartridge creates a gas-seal effect when it is fired, thus allowing the weapon to be suppressed.
    The Glock 67 took the same idea and modified it for use with moonclips.
    The Glock 68 is, essentially, a j-frame Glock 67. High-end porcelain that can handle real barn-burners. It is available to certified Masters of Ninjitsu only, and is shipped directly from Glock's German (Black ops) Factory.

It works okay, I just prefer my Glock 7.

Gecko, over & out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links