Defensive Carry banner

"Made" a guy today...

4K views 45 replies 36 participants last post by  FknRa 
#1 ·
I was in Wally-World picking up some ammo. The counter was pretty crowded with several people getting fishing licences and such. There was a guy in front of me looking at a rifle and a scope. He had a stainless 1911 peeking out pretty good from under the bottom of his shirt. We finished our business at about the same time, so as we were walking away from the counter I tapped him on the shoulder, smiled, and quietly told him that he was printing pretty good. He smiled back and said "Yeah, that happens sometimes." He was nice, but I got the impression that he really didn't care if he was concealed or not. AZ IS an open-carry state BTW.
What's the "normal" protocol here? Am I supposed to let someone know if their gun is showing, (If they appear to be carrying concealed) or am I supposed to just be quiet? I'd WANT someone to tell me if I was no longer concealed.
What say the old-timers?

#34 ·
made one today also

Man carrying IWB with extra large T-shirt not a bad job from the front; then from the side and back there was this handle sticking out from his belt under the shirt. He noticed I noticed and stared daggers at me. Went to another store and there he was again; but, this time he printed worse because he was pushing a cart in the lean on it fashion most of us:sheep: do.
My point is check your back side when you decide on a carry location
and you might not be able to lean on shopping carts also.

#38 ·
Guys, dont misunderstand me, I agree he should have been more aware of his cover and conceal...However having been in deep cover (outlaw) carry for so many years it is also hard for me to understand why people want to print or just dont care..Now, with that being said, my perfect world would be to have just a "Carry License". The terms of "Open Carry" or "Conceal Carry" would no longer exist. My hesitation behind telling someone he is printing comes from experience..its none of my business what he or she does as long as they are not infringing on my rights..I dont want to nor have I the authority to enforce the rules of law

#39 ·
I'd really want to know if my piece was printing or showing, and while I might laugh it off with whoever was so kind as to inform me, I'd take it pretty seriously.

In addition to providing me with the opportunity to improve my concealment method, it'd give me a chance to talk with one of my brethren about their guns, methods of concealment, etc. (make a new friend!).

I sure wouldn't be rude about it, and I dont' think most people would be, either.

If I saw someone showing, and I could do so in a quiet, private way, I'd probably tell her.

#46 ·
Before I started looking into getting my CCW (1 month to go before i get into ElDorado county, YAY) I had no knowlage of the word "Printing". It seems to be a relatively obscure word to use in general conversation. Most people that would overhear would have no idea what you are talking about in the first place. Seems pretty safe to me to just say, "Hey, You're printing" smile nod and go on my way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.