"Made" a guy today...

This is a discussion on "Made" a guy today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wouldn't have said a word..Guy I know down here doesnt even care if he prints or not and he doesnt want anyone telling him ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Made" a guy today...

I wouldn't have said a word..Guy I know down here doesnt even care if he prints or not and he doesnt want anyone telling him about it either..Thats his problem, not mine. To each his own..If you really felt like you needed to say something, might ask him what kind of 1911 he's carrying or made a comment on his holster..That lets him know YOU know..and whatever you do, dont touch. Thats an invasion of my space.

2. Remove Ads

Here in Pa Open Carry is legal (exception is Philly, OC only legal with LTC permit) so partially exposing or printing is not illegal.

Pa issues a License To Carry, does not say concealed anywhere. I have friends who OC constantly around Pittsburgh and they rarely get hassled. I'm not too worried if I print or partially expose my weapon and I rarely OC. If I saw someone printing I'd leave them alone as I have in the past, most sheep never see it. I was standing in line behind a guy OCing at a convenience store. After he left I asked the guy behind me if he saw the guy carrying a gun. He didn't see a thing. Most people are in a daze.
    "Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts"
    Sir Winston Churchill

I liken the situation to being in 3rd grade and being taddled on for not having a hall pass.

Albeit, in states that don't allow open carry, it's a bit different...

VIP Member

made one today also

Man carrying IWB with extra large T-shirt not a bad job from the front; then from the side and back there was this handle sticking out from his belt under the shirt. He noticed I noticed and stared daggers at me. Went to another store and there he was again; but, this time he printed worse because he was pushing a cart in the lean on it fashion most of us do.
    My point is check your back side when you decide on a carry location
    and you might not be able to lean on shopping carts also.

Quote Originally Posted by austinguy23 View Post
    Since AZ is open-carry, what difference does it really make?
    AZ is open carry but the law is idiotic on what it deems "open carry". In AZ, the law says if a portion of or the whole holster is visible. It says nothing of the actual weapon itself (there is a bill in the legislature right now trying to correct that, though). So if you're wearing an IWB holster, as most of us know, the holster doesn't show at all most times, just the weapon. Even though it would be pretty clear that you're carrying a weapon, it exposes you to LE hassling you about it and checking your permit because the holster itself has to be visible. I know, it's stupid, but that's the way the law is right now.

Cheers.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall." Adolf Hitler

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metallicorey View Post
    i believe concealed means just that. even if open carry is legal, if concealed is what you are doing, keep it that way.

I feel the same way. I am surprised by the number of people who dismiss having the butt of the gun flash in a state where concealed carry is legal but so is open carry.

I don't think that open carry being legal should excuse sloppy concealment. If you set that kind of precedent for yourself, what happens if you go to a reciprocity state that doesn't allow open carry and might punish you for allowing a concealed gun to show?

We talk about how you'll fight the way you train. Well, you'll conceal the way you train, too. Do it right, or not at all; that's my philosophy.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldier View Post
    I wouldn't have said a word..Guy I know down here doesnt even care if he prints or not and he doesnt want anyone telling him about it either..Thats his problem, not mine.
    In one sense, that's true. But people doing dumb things can cause all of those who carry a defensive handgun to look bad to the rest of the public.

I cringe every time I read about a CCWer who gets in trouble with his gun. We like to trumpet how law-abiding we are, and how we are not the cause of trouble but one solution to it. Bad apples ruin public perception of us.

Down here, the name James Settembre appeared frequently at the bottom of letters to the editor of The Palm Beach Post championing -- with eloquence and articulation -- right-to-carry.

Then one day came the sad news that Mr. Settembre himself, apparently despondent about a financial situation in his life, shot his dog, wife, and self to death in their home.

For years, since 1997 when I moved here, I used to smile when I saw his name in the letters section because I knew that thousands would be reading his articulate defense of gun ownership. And then he went and became a murderer/suicide.

So please, let's not think that if a guy wants to be a ******* about his gun that it can't affect us all, as gun owners.

Guys, dont misunderstand me, I agree he should have been more aware of his cover and conceal...However having been in deep cover (outlaw) carry for so many years it is also hard for me to understand why people want to print or just dont care..Now, with that being said, my perfect world would be to have just a "Carry License". The terms of "Open Carry" or "Conceal Carry" would no longer exist. My hesitation behind telling someone he is printing comes from experience..its none of my business what he or she does as long as they are not infringing on my rights..I dont want to nor have I the authority to enforce the rules of law

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I'd really want to know if my piece was printing or showing, and while I might laugh it off with whoever was so kind as to inform me, I'd take it pretty seriously.

In addition to providing me with the opportunity to improve my concealment method, it'd give me a chance to talk with one of my brethren about their guns, methods of concealment, etc. (make a new friend!).

I sure wouldn't be rude about it, and I dont' think most people would be, either.

If I saw someone showing, and I could do so in a quiet, private way, I'd probably tell her.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    AZ is open carry but the law is idiotic on what it deems "open carry". In AZ, the law says if a portion of or the whole holster is visible. It says nothing of the actual weapon itself (there is a bill in the legislature right now trying to correct that, though). So if you're wearing an IWB holster, as most of us know, the holster doesn't show at all most times, just the weapon. Even though it would be pretty clear that you're carrying a weapon, it exposes you to LE hassling you about it and checking your permit because the holster itself has to be visible. I know, it's stupid, but that's the way the law is right now.

Cheers.
    Hm, that is a stupid law. Hopefully they'll correct it soon.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I like to put my hands over my head and wave them around and scream at the top of my lungs..."GUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!"

(please note my sarcasm)
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I would hope that I would already be aware if I was printing or it was visible but sure, I'd appreciate it if someone told me and do something about it.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

VIP Member
    To the OP... yes! I would appreciate knowing!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

are you guys serious that you feel violated or something if someone tapps you?

why?

-wait, i am DEATHLY afraid of diners (as in Rosie's Diner etc) so nevermind, you need not explain...

Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldier View Post
    ... my perfect world would be to have just a "Carry License". The terms of "Open Carry" or "Conceal Carry" would no longer exist. .
    That would suck... I would prefer it to stay as it is in most states. Open Carry needs no permit at all.

I am not much for promoting gun control laws.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links