MMM at the Celebrate Fairfax Festival

This is a discussion on MMM at the Celebrate Fairfax Festival within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I dunno, sounds kinda like "take the apple my dear" Spoken by the evil queen from snow white. You might die or worse become a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMM at the Celebrate Fairfax Festival

I dunno, sounds kinda like "take the apple my dear" Spoken by the evil queen from snow white. You might die or worse become a sheep!!!
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

2. Remove Ads

Good job HighwaymanRider. You were surely just one of many VCDL members that day that the moron had a run in with.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Haha, those people are really outrageous. I posted a few weeks ago that VA CHP and VCDL members should join Virginians Against Gun Violence and overwhelm them with pro-gun members and VA CHP holders. I'm against gun violence, but I support defensive use of guns. There's a big difference. I'll be back in VA shortly. You should take the cookies and use them as clay pigeons. :D
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

The MMM's picketed the VCDL's Bloomberg Gun Giveaway in the Fairfax Government Center last month. It was fair turnabout that a VCDL member recently showed up at a public MMM meeting in a northern Virginia public library and videotaped their meeting. He would not sign a piece of paper giving MMM all rights to the video, so they cancelled the meeting, but not before one of them accused him of having a small masculine endowment. Here, in the words of VCDL's President Phillip Van Cleave, is what happened:

"In the last few alerts, I have been saying how mean-spirited the
    anti-gunners are. And they have just helped me make my point and I
    have video to prove it!

The Northern Virginia Million Mom Marchers (all 5 or 6 of them), had
    a public meeting in a public library earlier this week. Several gun
    owners, including some VCDL members, showed up to hear what the
    speakers were going to say.

All the gun owners were either carrying concealed or not carrying at
    all, and two brought video cameras.

The MMM representative tried to get the gun owners to turn off their
    cameras or sign the following agreement:

I agree that any photographic representations recorded at this
    meeting will be used solely by me for my private use and will not
    be copied, or made available to any other person or organization
    without the prior consent of the Northern Virginia Million Mom
    March."

A gun owner declined to sign the hastily written waiver.

That's where things got nasty.

The MMMs told the people attending the meeting [half of which were
    gun owners ;-)] that the meeting was going to be cancelled because
    the gun owners were INTIMIDATING the MMM's speakers with their video
    cameras!!! (I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to.)

Sorry, MMMs, but you disrupted your own meeting.

The person who didn't sign the agreement was then disparaged by
    saying he had a small penis (the comment is caught on the video
    below).

Could you imagine if I shutdown a VCDL meeting because an anti-gunner
    brought a video recorder and then disparaged her by commenting on the
    spacious size of her rump? Egads.

What were they going to say that they didn't want to be held accountable for?

There was a uniformed Fairfax police officer in the room. Was he
    providing security (!) or was he going to speak (!)?

Here are some quotes that show the kind of people that make up the MMMs:

"We have been threatened by them [gun owners] so many times. And
    abused and badgered by them so many times that it is nothing to us."
    [Threatened and abused? Oh, please. Laughed at, yes. - PVC]

"Can they tape with us standing in front of the camera? I mean
    legally we can do that."

"We apologize for him [the gun owner who wouldn't sign the MMM's agreement]."

"He can't help it. His penis size is too small."

"Permission to call him an *******?"

Here are the videos - rated H for hateful:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZAsyrBTvN2g
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lc8uXTfpdHM
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-CnDvnPFzL0

and more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOg1pEnddwM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq1h8_Y0P7M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-cD-H3s7aQ

Take the cookie and sign the petition Marion Cobretti.
    John 15:13 - Greater love have no man, than he who is willing to lay down his life for a friend. (Let's just pray we BOTH come out alive)

If the guns kill then pencils misspell words!

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Take the it, and ask them how many eggs died for the cookie. Then come back later with a petition to ban grocery stores due to the genocide of chickens.

Shouldnt use a fake name. (unless 1,000s do it) because most likely they will be counted as real, just to bolster the numbers.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Shouldnt use a fake name. (unless 1,000s do it) because most likely they will be counted as real, just to bolster the numbers.
    Never thought about it that way and it makes sense. Will never PAD petitions again with fake movie characters names again.

Thanks.
    John 15:13 - Greater love have no man, than he who is willing to lay down his life for a friend. (Let's just pray we BOTH come out alive)

If the guns kill then pencils misspell words!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Last night at the Mason Panel Meeting. The MMM march women spoke before Philip during "FAMILY TIME" Phil Van Cleave got called up to the podiem. One of the MMM women stood up and YELLED. "HE HAS NO CONNECTION TO THE FAMILY HE HAS TO GO SIT BACK DOWN" Phil was like do you want me to sit back down to the panel the panel said Please just for a few minutes. Phil was like "Okay"

Those people are nuts.

I ended up speaking at the GMU Tech thing last night. I was the "FORTUNATE" one to be the first person to speak for the 2A. I got claps and I think a standing ovation. Then one of the panel members said "Wait we have a question?"

I said Okay they weren't asking quesitons to any of the MMM people so I said yes mam.

This was her question.

3% of Virginians are mentally defective 97% of Virginians are not!

Today I'm still waiting for the question.

The panel was very one sided there was about 5 Doctors most of them Clinical phscyotrists (sp) 1 former PA governor 1 VSP former Chief. They all thought they could solve the VT thing with more state programs and mental issues they seemed a little pissed when I read my speech.

Heres what I said,

WHEN SECONDS COUNT……………………………
    My name is Andy; I ask that you listen to what I’m about to say with an open mind because I have listened to you with an open mind. I’m 26 years of age and I am an Alumnus of a small Public Military school in Southwest Virginia, VMI. My brother is a Virginia Tech Alumni and we grew up around guns. I started shooting when I was around 7 years old. Guys and gals like me are your neighbors, we are driving the same streets you are driving, we are shopping in the same stores you are shopping in, we are eating in the same restaurants you are sitting in, we are working to make ends meet just like you; however, the difference is we are armed.

The flock of us here today are put into two of the three categories of people. Those categories are sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. Sheep are good people, they are law abiding, generous, kind, and conform to society, being a sheep is not a bad thing its what the majority of the people are, it is the norm. Wolves are the opposite of sheep they prey on the sheep, they are the criminal element in the world. Sheepdogs are dogs dressed in a sheep’s skin; they are individuals who take it upon themselves to protect sheep from the wolves. I personally fall into the category of sheepdog, by dressing like you, and doing what you like to do I resemble a common sheep; however, I am by no means an easy a lamb for the slaughter by the wolves like Seung-Hui Cho, coming to devour me or the flock of individuals who surround me.

I am apart of a minority of Virginians whom carry a handgun every second of the day and everywhere we go, provided it is legal to do so. My personal carry gun happens to be a Glock 19 the same model gun that Seung-Hui Cho used in his mass killing. Does this mean guns or Glocks kill people? Well I guess mine are defective because out of the 5 Glocks I have they have never killed or shot anybody. All my friends carry, my family carries, my co-workers carry. To me carrying a gun is not comfortable it’s comforting. I do not carry a handgun because I expect trouble lurking around every corner. I carry a handgun because I don’t expect trouble. I bet now your asking yourself well that doesn’t make any sense! It makes perfect sense ask any Cop on the street this question. If you are going to a gun fight what would you want in your hand, handgun, rifle, or a shotgun? Bet you would be surprised at the response. I look at carrying a gun very similar to the life of a rattlesnake. When a rattler is in trouble from a bigger meaner predator, it tries to slither away, when that fails and its backed into a corner it postures and flails its rattle, hoping that the threat will see it means business and go eat something else. If all else fails, it strikes releasing deadly consequences on what it hits, thus saving the rattler’s life.

What happened at Virginia Tech was a horrible tragedy; however, what hasn’t happened as a result of Virginia Tech is even a bigger travesty. The business I’m in, I hear a lot about what happened at Tech. Most of the people are horrified that I would even consider living the same lifestyle I do after such a tragedy; however, to me it only strengthens my argument. Even at this seminar there has been a lot of talk about the demeanor and mental state that Mr. Cho was in and how the incident could have been prevented. As famous HBO talk show hosts Penn and Teller once said on their show “You can’t stop insane people from doing insane things, that in itself is insane!” The type of incident we saw at Tech cannot be stopped through the addition of more cameras in the classrooms, sirens on campuses, security guards, or even police officers! The only thing that you can do to possibly have a different outcome is by allowing permit holders the right to have their guns in the classroom. In 180 seconds, Cho gunned down 31 people while Police Officers were still trying to get into the building. It took Law Enforcement 3 times that time to get to the shooting location, by then it was already over.

I’m not by any means criticizing police response nor am I saying cops aren’t doing their jobs. What I am saying is they can’t be in ever place at once. I carry a spare tire because I can’t carry a jiffy lube, I carry a cell phone because a string and two cups...well find a string that is that long, and I carry a gun because I can’t carry a Cop!” Ask yourself is a civilian carrying a gun needed in a classroom? Don’t answer that just yet.

Lets reflect back and pretend that we can go back in time. Play this like you would a game of craps in Vegas. What are the possible outcomes?

1) Student pulls gun, shoots Cho killing him, the dice of life just rolled a 6 and a 1 Lucky number 7.
    2) Student pulls gun shoots himself in the leg then shoots Cho, the dice rolled a 5 and a 2 Lucky number 7.
    3) Cho sees somebody is trying to interfere with his plan of killing everybody in that classroom and says “SCREW this I’m going somewhere else” Lucky number 7.
    4) Or something else happened resulting in a different outcome then what did happen.
    5) Or Cho killed every body in the class anyway. The dice turned to1 and 1 or snake eyes.

FACT: Cho SLAUGHTERED those people due to NOBODY standing up against him who could present a lethal substitute. Out of the possible outcomes #1-4, I just mentioned, Virginia Tech Policies have made them Impossible. Those impossible outcomes would have been what the people in that classroom wanted at the time Cho was executing them, not what you and I want today. Example #5 Cho killed everybody in the class. That is the reality of what happened and is still the reality today with most VA college current policies. In this life game of craps, the only option for everybody there was to roll snake eyes on every turn.

This is issue is not about being a dark red republican or a blue democrat. This issue is about trying to prevent a mass shooter from taking away an innocent person’s right to breath regardless of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation!

I ask everybody to ask him or herself what is acceptable in situations like this? 32 dead, 15 dead, 5 dead, or better yet bad guy just plain stopped by one of the good guys. Unless you fix current policy and allow for individuals to take their own personal security into their own hands, or teach them to through rocks at 1200 feet per second, the death toll from the innocent sheep will only grow. In a situation like Tech, a unarmed sheep banking on harsh language as a good self defense tactic against an insane gunman will only receive an F in verbal Judo on his or her report card, and another implication on their gravestone that if there had been an armed response in the room, they may still be with their loved ones. But a law-abiding sheepdog with a concealed handgun who stands up and fights with lethal force receives an A+ in self-defense, and possibly lives another day!

I leave you with the following thoughts one from the original title of this.
    January 31, 2006:

"House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia,
    Police and Public Safety. This bill was intended to force universities to reverts their policies of licensed permit holders to allow them to carry their guns on campus. To reiterate carrying a gun at VA Tech concealed is not against the law, it’s a bad school policy.

Virginia Tech spokesman was happy to hear the bill was
    defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the
    General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students,
    faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

When seconds count…..help is only minutes away!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Havegunjoe

you were right. After I read that one of the mothers of the victims, came up to me and said. "DON'T EVER CALL MY DAUGHTER A SHEEP"

Thing was I felt really sorry for this person, but even though there comment was a personal attack. I took absolutly NO offense to it. I just wanted to say "You just don't get it"

She was also the same one that stood up and blamed Glocks and High Capacity Cartridges (never heard that one before) I was thinking of #9 out of a 12 gauge, as being the solution.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Sorry don't mean to Hijack the thread.

There was the Captain of the VT Rifle and Pistol club who said he was in the building when cho was shooting. He was astounded at the lack of reaction from Professors and teachers during the rampage. He said he basically watched some 30 teachers sit there with the thumb "Up their Ass" and due nothing. Most of them didn't even think they were gun shots, and these are men and women with PH.D's.

Thank you Rob99VMI04 for standing up and taking a stand. Hopefully you allowed a few people to see the light.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links