I slept soundly last night. I wonder if they would have been able to.

This is a discussion on I slept soundly last night. I wonder if they would have been able to. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ArmyCop Try this link - lemmie know if it works okay. http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/for...422#5511048422 The link is good, thanks!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I slept soundly last night. I wonder if they would have been able to.

JD
    Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Try this link - lemmie know if it works okay.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/for...422#5511048422
    The link is good, thanks!

2. Remove Ads

i know how you feel.

I agree with everone here. I don't know how antis sleep peacefully at night. I recently moved across town to a new apartment. I moved from a horrible drug and trash (people) infested neighborhood to a really nice one. However I hadn't quite gotten all of my stuff moved over. I left my shotgun and shells at the old place and my pistol too! I know I know. Bad EMT. As I was falling asleep that night I didn't feel near as safe as I did in the old place, even though I was in a nicer neighborhood. I guess what I am saying is that I had come to relie on my weapons for some measure of comfort and without them I felt somewhat unprotected. Stupid? Maybe but.......
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
    --Thomas Paine December 19, 1776

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13226.htm

The answer is simple, THEY DON'T SLEEP AT NIGHT. They stay up all night dreaming up ways to take the guns away from law abiding citizens.

Just my $0.02.

I don't have the stomach for the anti websites

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Today, after reading through everything on both the pro and anti sites, I wonder how the anti-gunners sleep when they hear strange noises or are awakened in the dead of night by little paws that in the shroud of sleep can be so easily mistaken for fingers.

What gives them comfort when they are afraid? When they hear a gunshot out their window, what do they grab for their defense? The phone? A baseball bat?
    The anti's sleep well because they think bad things can never happen to them. Have you ever noticed that when the you-know-what hits the fan a lot of them run to the nearest gun store to buy a gun. It happens.

As for comfort when they are afraid they have their shield of protection offered by their cell phone. You know, always have a cell phone with you, that is what we are told by the authorities.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Gotta watch then cats - the worst night time scare I ever got (cat between screen door and regular door rattling the door knob very quietly) was a cat-astrophe! It is no wonder all astrophes are blamed on cats!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

My sister was here from Wyoming last week and told me how much she is afraid of guns. I don't really think she is an anti; Dad always had his pistol with him when we traveled, and we had shotguns and bird hunted most every season. I did not feel like it would be good to bring up my CHL at the family reunion. In her little town in Wyoming, they still sleep with the windows open. I went there for a visit last summer and carried my G19 the whole time. She never knew. One day I'm sure we'll get around to discussing this....
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    How do anti's sleep? They have the power of denial on their side...
    Exactly.

A lot of people just do not believe that anything bad will ever happen to them and that if by some odd chance they were to find themselves in trouble they could dial 911 for a rescue (police/fire/EMT) or that lady luck if not God himself will protect and keep them safe.

That was exactly the statement made by a woman to the press at the church where a lady was attacked while alone with her thoughts only to eventually fight the guy off by stabbing him repeatedly with the pen she had been using prior to write notes.
    She had stated to the news that she was not afraid for her safety because God was with her...to which one is to assume God was not with her fellow parishoner?!?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    EXCELLENT post, EXCELLENT points.

In fact, this post is so good, its question so engaging, that I have a couple of people to whom I'm going to link this thread right now. I want them to ask/answer that question for themselves.

They sleep soundly

They sleep soundly, because like most of the big anti politicians, they have their own armed protection details, or even their own carry permit.

They are interested in controlling YOUR guns, not theirs.

Lima,
    You understand what kind of world surrounds you. Eyes wide open, ready for defense. Those antigunners like in a fantasy world. Where a kind word will unarm the worst beast. This is a matter of survival of the prepared and realistic. In other words...they are sheep, at the mercy of wolfs. Your chances of survival are much better. You not only can see the wolfs for what they are....but you can turn their attack away. If I were your mother, I would be very proud of you....and would be able to sleep better not having to worry about you. Sometimes my daughter gives me sleepless nights, but she is getting better. There still remains that random act she will do that makes me want to bang my head against the wall. I hope I can still teach her so she can better arm my grand daughter for her future.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I agree with you, my fear is that the sheeple will elect someone like Hillary, or Obama into office. I was reading their stance on the 2nd Amendment. I know that Obama believes concealed weapons should be banned (completely) and both support the AWB.

The scary thing is that the republican side doesn't fair much better. Bill Richardson (Democrat) is listed as opposing gun restrictions. This next election is looking pretty scary!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

+1 DMan :(

- Janq has been pricing nail guns and hammers
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    If you wind up coming to Lynchburg, try to find a place in Campbell, Bedford, or Amherst county, rather than in the city of Lynchburg. You'll sleep like a rock, so long as you can drown out the crickets.

Crickets are a good alarm system, if you can hear them all is well, if you can't hear crickets then be alert. They hear sounds before you do, the same goes for frogs.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    They sleep soundly, because like most of the big anti politicians, they have their own armed protection details, or even their own carry permit.

They are interested in controlling YOUR guns, not theirs.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links