LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?!

This is a discussion on LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hoppmeister Drink alot of water before ya go to bed. Also with age you'll wake uo more often*LOL* The Doberman and GSD ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppmeister View Post
    Drink alot of water before ya go to bed. Also with age you'll wake uo more often*LOL*

The Doberman and GSD help me too.

2. Remove Ads

I'm usually a heavy sleeper. And sometimes I'll have the TV on or music playing. I've been looking into which breed of dog I want so that'll be my "alarm" once I get my dog.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

Glad I'm not the only one who gets up and takes a lap around the house at night. The other night someone was shooting fireworks at
    2am so i am looking out the window and see a car kill its lights and pull into my alley, Here is a tip have clothes handy so you dont have to look around ( It was just kids screwing around)

Rescue

Not just a dog, but a rescue dog. Any dog given a second chance will try harder to keep their home intact. I sleep in a coma, until one little woof.

...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    I like that second clock. Sure it can take a hit by leaping off your nightstand, but how many times can it be thrown up against the wall and still function?
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

...I'm kinda the same way. My wife's a nurse and sometimes has to leave and come back in the dead of night or wee hours of the morning (phone ringing in the bedroom ...the works.) And the garage door is right below us and makes a LOUD noise in the bedroom when it operates, vibrating that whole end of the house ...but I never wake up to any of it. Sleep right through . She'll ask me if I knew she got 'called in last night' and I'll say, "whut?" I don't know what to do about that except maybe install an alarm that sounds off if an intruder tries to enter. Something that sounds just like my morning alarm clock...

Brian

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    Ok well I was reading her thread about her sleeping so well but still waking up to noises... well it go me thinking, I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night to strange noises, or any noises so to speak. I have been known to sleep through a fire alarm, so I am curious, how do I become a little less sound of a sleeper while asleep. Like how can I kind of get SA while asleep??
    If you sleep soundly through the night (I do, too), I wouldn't go wishing to be a more easily disturbed sleeper. Sleeping well is a blessing!

If you're that worried about being invaded, perhaps an alarm system (a nice loud one, loud enough for you) or a well-trained dog would take care of your apprehension.

What's "kind of get SA"?

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    What's "kind of get SA"?
    During my sleep I kind of want to get some kind of Situational Awareness or something so if something goes crash in the middle of the night I dont sleep through it.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My wife is just the opposite, and wakes up at the sound of a...you know...one of those things that wakes Lima up...from the next county!
    Except...
    When I'm feeling a little 'frisky'...she sometimes then 'appears' to be a rather SOUND sleeper...

Stay armed...get a dog...stay safe!

ret
    Hate to tell you sir, but all wives are like that. Personally, it's a proven fact the only two things that will wake me up are gunshots and Military Basic Training Instructors! My wife, however, will wake up to anything...except me being a little 'frisky.' However, in the interest of this forum I am willing to test this theory out when I crawl into bed.

Funny story, I was staying at my in laws (who work construction and are up at a god awful hour in the morning! [FYI- I was also working midshift at the time. I'd forgotten what the sun looked like.]) when my father in law thought he heard gunfire. My wife told him to wait a minute, and if I came out of the bedroom with my gun drawn he could worry, because that is the only thing that wakes me up!

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Start spending time camping by yourself in the hills. You will start training yourself to know when something is prowling about and when it is safe to sleep. Animal instinct takes over.
    Raevan, you've got that right. Coyotes attacking your tent will teach you what you can sleep through, and what you can't!
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I learned to sleep through anything when I had to sleep through mortar attacks in Iraq. Basically if you couldn't sleep through them, you didn't sleep at all, and that wasn't an option. My dog makes sure that I'm up if anyone is near our front door or any windows.
    "I'd rather have my gun and not need it, than need it and not have it"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FL-CWL View Post
    You guys that are sound sleepers, is you wife the opposite?
    Yep. She gets up whether she hears something or not. Routine nocturnal patrol. I on the other hand have: slept through a tornado tearing down trees behind my house; slept through the EMS station alarm; apparently had entire conversations with my wife over 30-45 minutes that I could not recall the next morning; outlasted the 2 hour timer on my alarm clock.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Get a dog or two.
    +1 i agree

VIP Member
    I used to be a light sleeper until I got put on Zyrtec for allergies. Half a pill before bed-time, and I'm out.

Luckily, our 20-pound mutt has the growl of a large dog and serves as a great alarm, and also a pre-alarm clock in the morning with the face-licking, ear-scratching, and bed romping.

If you don't have the time, patience, or energy to devote to a dog and its many needs, don't get one just for the sake of having an alarm. There's plenty of other alarms, like the portable battery-operated kind you hang from your door knob.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Get a good alarm system on your house. Put the siren in your headboard?
    Did this, myself. With a good perimeter system and an alarm in the wall above the bedroom doorway, I never fail to wake up. I've slept through a 6.7 earthquake, but that alarm wakes me up me every time. Go figure.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links