LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?!

This is a discussion on LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; for those who sleep through their alarm clocks and stuff, what you might look into are alarm clocks for hearing impaired people. some of them ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?!

for those who sleep through their alarm clocks and stuff, what you might look into are alarm clocks for hearing impaired people. some of them have something called a bed shaker. it is a little device hooked to the clock that is placed under the mattress and shakes the bed when the alarms goes off. Kind of like the vibrate option on a cell phone I guess.

an example of one. http://www.soundclarity.com/productd...asp_Q_id_E_708

2. Remove Ads

Does anybody here have a greyhound? I was just wondering if they are light or sound sleepers. My bro and I have always wanted a greyhound and adopt-a-greyhound seems like a good way to go since an Alsatian wouldn't be the best choice for us. I have a beagle mix (as George Carlin would say, "Mix, you know what the vet puts on the paper because even he don't know what... you got?") who is dumber than a box of rocks and in the four instances I could have used forewarning from her about stuff happening outside I go downstairs to find her deep asleep. She's great with my little sister and other kids, but she's never been a good guard dog.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Get a nice little doggie... or perhaps a not so nice not so little doggie. It works for me.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Dogs - the first line of home defense for 40,000 years.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Does anybody here have a greyhound? I was just wondering if they are light or sound sleepers. My bro and I have always wanted a greyhound and adopt-a-greyhound seems like a good way to go since an Alsatian wouldn't be the best choice for us.
    A buddy of mine has a greyhound. According to him he sleeps like a log at night. He went through one of the adopt-a-greyhound programs here and he loves him.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Alarm system with the siren in the hall outside the bedroom
    70pd dog who does not being woken up from a sound sleep
    I used to sleep sound. Now I seem to wake up easier.
    We had the windows up last month and a few people were out a couple of streets over. One of them yelled and I was right up...armed, flashlight the whole thing within a few seconds. Checked the whole house, checked the yard through the windows...then went outside, checked the cars, the garage...then sat up the rest of the night
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    A buddy of mine has a greyhound. According to him he sleeps like a log at night. He went through one of the adopt-a-greyhound programs here and he loves him.
    Thanks for the response. I'm wondering if a Scotty wouldn't be too bad either. I'm not real fond of the little dogs, but my friend has a Scotty who is extremely vigilant. Maybe I should start a thread on "tactical dogs", lol...
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    I live in Sarasota Florida and the dog track here gives them away once a month. They're all over the place.
    Greyhounds are called 40 MPH couch potatoes.
    They're as laid back as you can get and seem to love everybody.
    They are very fragile. Special diets and everything. Before you get one really check them out.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links