LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?!

This is a discussion on LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok well I was reading her thread about her sleeping so well but still waking up to noises... well it go me thinking, I NEVER ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LimaTunes Got Me Thinking!?!?!

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

Ok well I was reading her thread about her sleeping so well but still waking up to noises... well it go me thinking, I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night to strange noises, or any noises so to speak. I have been known to sleep through a fire alarm, so I am curious, how do I become a little less sound of a sleeper while asleep. Like how can I kind of get SA while asleep??
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Get a good alarm system on your house. Put the siren in your headboard?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Get a dog or two.

Get broken into and let yourself wake up to a stranger in your room with a ball bat over your head. I think you will sleep pretty lightly for a awhile.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Get broken into and let yourself wake up to a stranger in your room with a ball bat over your head. I think you will sleep pretty lightly for a awhile.
    Not the ideal way but you can not argue with the effectiveness.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Assistant Administrator
    Small alarms that can be fitted to critical doors will do it - I sleep a tad lighter these days but wake real heavy - but much more alert if cued by a shrill sound.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Get a good dog that know when to bark and to wake you up.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Get a good dog that know when to bark and to wake you up.
    +1

Dogs are great even those tiny rat dogs for a first level early warning system.
    Like any other alarm system you will at times get some false alarms but a false positive is better and more surviveable than a false negative.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Moderator
    A mouse fart in the next county wakes me up. I'm such a light sleeper that I have to have a fan or some other constant noise making machine to mask other sounds so that I'm not constantly waking up.

Anything louder than the fan in my bedroom and I'm as awake as if someone lit a fire under my feet.

I don't know how I got that way, but on a counter note, my husband slept through Three large glass bowls being broken in the next room. Our cats knocked them ALL off of the counter top in the middle of the night.

I was up in two seconds, COMPLETELY awake and alert. John was still snoring and even when I tried to wake him up, it took him at least another 30 seconds to understand what I was saying to him.

I think it's just nature. I don't know if you can change that.

Accomodation and prioritization. You can train yourself to do it. Go to bed fully clothed; go to bed w/o using a pillow (if you usually do); IOW do something that gets you in the mindset of having to "pop" into wakefulness.

Don't know that I would recommend dogs or alarms- I discovered, after getting married, that I went into a deeper sleep to be able to rest through the commotion of kids. I can still set my "internal alarm", but its not instinctive.

I'm a heavy sleeper too, but I have a Doberman that sleeps on the floor in my bedroom. She takes care of things at night time.

Drink alot of water before ya go to bed. Also with age you'll wake uo more often*LOL*
    I dont have a P3AT Mouse Gun
    or a G23,,,

Or do I ?

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    Ok well I was reading her thread about her sleeping so well but still waking up to noises... well it go me thinking, I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night to strange noises, or any noises so to speak. I have been known to sleep through a fire alarm, so I am curious, how do I become a little less sound of a sleeper while asleep. Like how can I kind of get SA while asleep??

I have two big headed rottweilers that sleep in the house. I sleep well at night. If it is a sound that I need to worry about they will wake me up.

VIP Member
    When I get into the deep part of my sleep nothing short of nuclear annihilation will wake me. I grew up sleeping in a bedroom that was about 50' from what was at that time the busiest highway in the US and about 100 yards from a rail crossing. I just learned to sleep through everything and have never gotten out of the habit.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Get a dog is probably the best advice...they'll get you up! I'm a sound sleeper...through noise, lights, TV, whatever, I hear nothing.

My wife is just the opposite, and wakes up at the sound of a...you know...one of those things that wakes Lima up...from the next county!
    Except...
    When I'm feeling a little 'frisky'...she sometimes then 'appears' to be a rather SOUND sleeper...

Stay armed...get a dog...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links