Woo Hoo. Ccl Class This Saturday!!!

This is a discussion on Woo Hoo. Ccl Class This Saturday!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; YEEE HAW, This saturday is my Conceal Carry Class, i'm so excited, i' think i'll order my holster now so it'll come in at the ...

Thread: Woo Hoo. Ccl Class This Saturday!!!

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar

Woo Hoo. Ccl Class This Saturday!!!

YEEE HAW,

This saturday is my Conceal Carry Class, i'm so excited, i' think i'll order my holster now so it'll come in at the same time..lol

Angel

2. Remove Ads

Congrats!!

The CHL test is the easy part. Waiting two to three months is the killer.
    BE

Kimber Ultra Eclipse .45
    XD 9 Service
    Beretta Cheetah FS 86 .380
    Springfield UC .45
    XD 45 Compact

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    My friend who used to be a TN CCW instructor use to tell his students at the shooting portion.

"This is the part that is going to decide how much money you have to spend after the class. Because you have to frame your group size according to TN state Law, you have to have your all your shots in one framed picture, (of course he was kidding) but he said people would really focus on their sight alignment." He would tell them after he was joking.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    Better order your holster NOW. Good luck and congrats

Good Luck and have fun!

Let us know how you do!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

M2
    Where are you taking it? I would suggest bringing a book, as the Texas CHL class is two hours crammed into 10...

Seriously, take a copy of the Texas Handgun Laws (yes, the 2005-2006 copy is still the latest) with you and read it. If you are going to carry in the Lone Star State, you should know the laws and not just depend on what they teach in the class.

Cheers! M2

Congratulations, Angel. BTW...Where are you taking you class. I took mine, some time ago, at Firearm Training Pluss off of Bandera and 410. I was a good class. The instructor kept things interesting and was very informative. We didn't need a holster for any part of the class. The shooting portion is not very difficult. It basically stand and fire 50 rounds from varying distances (the majority being 7yds, if I'm not mistaken). It was conducted, on the same day as the class portion, out at Blackhawk Shooting Range down off of Old Pearsol (Outside 1604). If you haven't been out there you should check it out. River City Shooters -http://www.rivercityshooters.com is having their annual Texas Summer Shootout on June 24th. If you 've never been to one of these event you should defenitly look into it. You don't have to participate, you can simply watch if you'd like. Anyhow, good luck with your course. You've made a great choice owards making this country a better and safer place.

Cheers,
    Jason

Stay tuned...
    Listen intently...
    Ask questions...
    Take notes...
    You'll do just fine!

Good luck!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good luck! I don't know how busy they are now, but a couple of months ago my paper work took about two and a half to three weeks to clear. If you are ordering a custom holster I would order it now!

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar
    Thanks you all, i appreciate all your input. I"ll take it at The bullet hole off potranco & grossenbacher road. and where do i get a cop of tx cc law?

M2
    Angel

It is linked in my earlier post, just 'right click' on the underlined portion of my message that says 'Texas Handgun Laws' and do a 'save as.' Or, just click on that text and a new window will open up.

I took mine at the Bullethole last year, Michelle and her Mom are nice folks, but the class is boring. But, I think that would be the same no matter where you take it. And I hate to counter ret, but most of the questions asked are stupid ones. If you pay even slight attention, or read the law, you will be easily able to pass the test. As a matter of fact, I believe it is too easy to pass that test. Honestly, the right to conceal carry a weapon should be harder based on some of the people that passed the class I was in...

Cheers! M2

Links