Ret Was Forced to Show His Gun? - Page 3

Ret Was Forced to Show His Gun?

This is a discussion on Ret Was Forced to Show His Gun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 What a day! Went for a consultation for a (future) planned medical procedure today. I've been to this office before and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What a day! Went for a consultation for a (future) planned medical procedure today. I've been to this office before and was sure that it was just a sit down/catch up on medical history for the last three years.

When I pulled up to the building, I decided to leave my Kimber inside the belt and under the shirt...no problem...legal for this situation.

I went into the clinic and filled out the usual 'what is new for the last three years?' paperwork. Then the nurse called out my name and inside the doorway I went...first stop was the scale. OK...I climbed aboard and accepted the extra 2-3 pounds for the gun and mag...I could not let the extra pounds be recorded without stating, "How about taking of three pounds for all the metal I'm carrying? I said this while laughing and following her down the hall to the exam room. She turned to me and replied, "What do you have, a gun or something?"

Well, she was smiling, so I said, "Why, as a matter of fact, I do!" She then said, "What, are you a cop or something?" I replied, "Yep, or something...actually, just a legally armed citizen." She just shrugged it off and said, "No problem here!" "Cool, I thought..."

Then, after a page of questions, she placed my file in a 'door file holder' and said, "The doctor will be with you in a minute."

Now I'm wondering if she is going to mention anything to the doctor? She obviously had no concers about my CCW. I waited about 5 minutes and then the doctor walked in...didn't seem to have any concerns, so I said nothing about the previous conversation.

Little did I know that the doctor wanted to give me another quick 'look over' after reading my chart. He asked me to sit on the table. He began with listening to my heart and lungs...so far, so good. Then he started 'thumping' my chest and back...so far he stayed away from my gun...kind of 'thumped' all around it...

Then he announced, "OK, please lay back and lift up your shirt and lay back..." I realized that he knew nothing about the weapon so far, but was soon going to know...

I stated, "Well Doc, I have a legal sidearm inside my belt"...{waiting for reply...scream...shock...etc...}

He just said, "Not a problem." I leaned back lifter my shirt...with my Kimber in full view." He made no particular comment about the gun, but didn't seem to even care...he just worked around it.

After the quick body inspection, I tucked my shirt back in and we then proceded to have a great conversation about the area (he was new to the area), life in FL, prices of land, etc.

I wanted to talk a little about CCW, but with him not mentioning anything gun related, I let that conversation slide...but he didn't seem to have a problem with the weapon.

Pretty good day overall...next time I may venture into a converaation about CCW in FL with him...we'll see.

Stay armed...stay healthy...stay safe!

ret
    Well you do live in FLA where they issue everyone a firearm at the stateline!

Glad it well for you.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Got a great Cardiologist - several years ago while seeing him, his nurse says, "I see you are packing" which came as a surprize - he then asked what I carried and after telling him I found out that he and the nurse both carried. She was the wife of a state trooper and he is a bit of a gun nut. Saw him this past Thursday and the first thing he wanted to know was what I was carrying and when I told him it was a M&P 340CT - he immediately wanted to see it. Before we got around to medical business he said he had an AR-15 on its way. Can't beat that.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

I always pocket carry when I vistit the doctor. If I need to disrobe, I don't have to worry about the gun on the belt. The pants hang on the clothes hook with the gun still safely holstered inside.

When I went for a recent colonoscopy, the gun stayed in the car's trunk. I didn't want it unattended while I was knocked out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links