KY CCDW License

KY CCDW License

This is a discussion on KY CCDW License within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys! I'm a new member to this forum. I just picked up my very first CCDW license in Kentucky today. I live in Louisville ...

Thread: KY CCDW License

KY CCDW License

Hey guys! I'm a new member to this forum. I just picked up my very first CCDW license in Kentucky today. I live in Louisville and picked it up at the Jefferson County Sheriff's office. Anyway, I was given my CCDW card and noticed it had a green smiley face sticker stuck on the front. Has anyone else out there had that? It's odd and I'm slightly concerned about why it's there. My dad just got his last week and he didn't have a sticker on his. What does it mean or what is it for? I don't know why it's on there. Should I pull it off or leave it on? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KY CCDW License-image_1472155971027.jpeg  

I live in Madison County, and picked mine up almost 3 weeks ago. It has a blue sticker on the front of it, just a dot. No smiley face. I have no idea what it means, but I didn't remove it.

First off, congrats on getting your CCDW permit.
    Since the state doesn't put smiley faces on ID'S (none of mine do), it's likely someone from JCSO wanted to wish you a happy/blessed day.

Sent via Tapatalk from somewhere in a distant bunker.
    US Army Engineers, 1976-1980
    Member/supporter: NRA, SAF, GOA.
    1911 owner/aficionado: Norinco 1911A1, Rock Island CS GI, Springfield Loaded, other to be named later.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    May be a sticker to show the info is correct and verified before it leaves the office. Each inspector has a different sticker. That's my best guess. Mine from Henry County didn't have it, nor did Mrs Thins.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Must be a Jefferson County thing. I've had one for over 15 (maybe 20?) years. Mine always has a...skull & cross bones.
    Welcome 'Cuz!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I googled it. There's nothing on the FAQ page on the KSP website. Couldn't find anything mentioning it at all. I'll remove it and still carry. Ianthin is probably right. Just some sort of checks system, maybe to see which licenses have been verified/processed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick75 View Post
    I googled it. There's nothing on the FAQ page on the KSP website...
    What's a Google? If it's not God, you're...trusting it too much!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Well Google did direct me to this forum when I was in the early stages of doing CCDW research, so I do have to thank it for that. lol That in turn got me links to the gun, ammo, holster, and belt that I'm using, so it's not entirely worthless. Also good to see a thread with nothing but us Ky boys carrying. :)

Mine is from Jefferson co last year and I have no sticker

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Welcome. No stickers on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick75 View Post
    Well Google did direct me to this forum when I was in the early stages of doing CCDW research, so I do have to thank it for that. lol That in turn got me links to the gun, ammo, holster, and belt that I'm using, so it's not entirely worthless. Also good to see a thread with nothing but us Ky boys carrying. :)
    What kind of holster do you use and what do you like/dislike about it? I'm either looking at the Vedder LightTuck or RapidTuck, but I'm not sure yet. I have a Glock 26 and I'm a smaller guy so I'm worried about comfort.

Also thanks again for the answers everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kycal View Post
    What kind of holster do you use and what do you like/dislike about it? I'm either looking at the Vedder LightTuck or RapidTuck, but I'm not sure yet. I have a Glock 26 and I'm a smaller guy so I'm worried about comfort.

Also thanks again for the answers everyone.
    N8 Squared Pro. Carrying a M&P9 full size. The N8 is designed to clip on a 1.5" belt, and completely protects both the gun from your skin and your skin from the gun. I like it because it's VERY comfortable, and due to the way it's made, it shapes itself to your body regardless of where you carry it. The only downside I can think of is its retention mechanism, where you have to give the pistol a very slight clockwise turn n order to draw it. It's not a big deal for me, but it has been a deal breaker for others. I carry it at 2 o'clock, and have no issues with the slight twist. But as I said, it's extremely comfortable. wwwN82tactical.com

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    welcome
    Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911,Sig 320(EDC)

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

welcome from Ohio

It says CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPON LICENSE the sticker means "Have a nice day"

Ok so somebody has a twisted sense of humor...................or not............
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids! C. Eastwood

Sponsored Links