Macho CCW's.

This is a discussion on Macho CCW's. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by QKShooter I wonder why shooting instructors don't go to their local Coroner And Trauma Room And get a few full color prints ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macho CCW's.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    I wonder why shooting instructors don't go to their local Coroner And Trauma Room And get a few full color prints made of actual gunshot deaths & various exit wounds.
    You could "block out" the faces.
    It seems like they would REALLY make teaching the Safety aspect of shooting easier & the visual impact sure would cut down on the number of negligent discharges.
    Hmm...I was a volunteer EMT for 8 years, most of that in an urban high-crime area of a city with one of the highest per capita murder rates in the country. I have to say that I did not find the external evidence of handgun wounds impressive, in most cases. Through-and-through head shots, sometimes were. Shotgun and rifle wounds were usually more impressive. But handgun wounds just don't show that much. Even close range shotgun wounds to COM, where there is no exit wound, don't look like much. In fact, what I often marveled at was how much damage there was, based on the vital signs, with so little external evidence of injury (particularly true of stabbings). I think you'd have to show autopsy results to have photos with sufficient visual impact. Even then, I don't know how much they would influence the number of ND's, since ND's usually result from a breakdown of discipline.

Do shock pictures of auto accidents actually reduce the number of accidents among young drivers?
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

2. Remove Ads

Well,
    I think you guys know how I feel about the machismo factor displayed in some forums. Not this one. You guys have always had your thinking caps on when asked tuff questions, or 'what if's'. Its because of that that this has become my 90% forum.

Dan

I can't speak first-hand about the amount macho cyber talk on other forums since this is only one I tune in to, but I can certainly see where it would be easy to just let the emotions do the talkin on a keyboard. And like a few of you stated, I hope that is all that it is and not a true reflection of character, but you never know for sure. This forum has been very sound and shown a lot of analytical savvy in the various threads on CC and the scenarios are a real plus whether made up or true events. Gets the noggin calibrated. Through reading all of the "regular" posters out there, I've come to conclusions about character, and quite frankly I sense a tremendous amount of responsibility and competency....from a real hodgepodge of backgrounds, lcoations, and hobbies, but with a common ground where the 2nd Amendment Right stands. And good on ya to the moderators for keeping this a civil place to talk concealed carry.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Euc, your pants insult me! Take them down from across your nipples.

I'll take your Tec-9, and raise you six other moderately priced polycarbon misrepresentations of firearms. And I do not wear my paracord in braids! Ha!

Being Sicilian, I suggest we meet on a field of arugula.

And I sleep in until 10:00 AM. I can just as easily vanquish you then, and my joints will have stopped creaking.

My Corsican cousin, Rosa, shall be my second. And if she sleeps with you, it will be your first!

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Good points, P95. We shouldn't be looking "cap" anyone, and the mouthy thing only hurts our position.

Assistant Administrator
    I'd hardly expected different but - good to know that we share the basic and essential same manner of thinking. We truly are IMO the good guys and I'd not be worried about Brady-ites reading what we say - even tho I am sure they'd invert our true logic and spin it different! LOL.

I have not perhaps personally thanked Bumper and ''the team'' for this site - I spend way too much time elsewhere (mod on THR takes a lot of time potentially) .. but have to say that thus far (and may it long continue) .. this place dedicated to CCW and allied matters, really does portray good down to earth common sense, courtesy, and gentlemanly conduct (ladylike in Betty's case!).

Kudos Bumper - we have a bright shining star in the RKBA cosmos!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The first thing the police are going to ask you is, What happened? and what did you do to avoid a confrontation. To be a CCW holder you must be willing to walk away from controversy, have the ability to ignore remarks being made about you or a loved one, observe evrything that is going on around you, and control your emotions. If you can't do all of that, if you respond to stress in an immature manner, if you allow your emotions to overide your clear thinking, then you should do all of us a favor and not carry.

Assistant Administrator
    +1 Hask - no quibbles on that!
    Chris - P95

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    +1 Hask - no quibbles on that!
    I agree 200% on that Hask and Chris
    Personally, I've been carrying a weapon both for work and personal use since I was 21 (31 yrs ago) To this day, I take my responsibility of this VERY seriously. I would rather walk away from an altercation, than be part of it, EXCEPT where my life, or the lives of my Family or other innocents were involved. I would be big enough man to ignore the catcalls, and ridicule, and also to drive away from the altercation if at all possible.
    To hear somebody say "I'd cap his ### in a second" is not only stupid, but I'd begin to question the mental capacity of that individual.
    To have the ability to take a life in a heartbeat, is beyond one's ability to reason, except for when and if that time comes, then it's a matter of survival. All of us here have the same mindset, and I firmly believe that if that time should arise, we will be prepared for the aftermath, such as our own grief, and how we may have dealt with the situation in other ways.
    The ones who think they are Judge, and Jury are the ones that we don't need carrying weapons. Those people just watch the action movies and think they can do exactly what is on the screen before them.
    The best gun carried, is the one that is never seen, until the time arrises. There are no second guesses in a gunfight.
    Just my 2 cents worth
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; May 3rd, 2005 at 10:18 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    Being Sicilian, I suggest we meet on a field of arugula.
    Equipped with a lupara, no doubt!

Tom wrote:

"Said and Did aren't even brothers."

It's been awhile since I've seen so much said in so few words. Nice!

I suspect Tom's quote covers most of internet commandos/mall ninja types. But you know a small percentage really are that way..... it's these I worry about.

I agree with you completely. With the company I own I have to be very careful in hiring people with that attiude. I have a very good friend who taught me firearms many years ago and he taught me to have the respect and attiude in dealing with firearms.He always said if you pull your weapon then use it other wise leave it alone till you need to use it.He has always been my boss or superviser in military or law enforcement till he got out of it 10 years ago. In some peoples eyes he is the old gunslinger from the west but he has survived atleast a dozen shoot outs that I know about. He carries CCW now and you would never know it because he is so low keyed. I have seen him just walk away from a fight many times. He checks out most of the web fourms and get really pissed at some of them the way people just act on them. As he puts it "Too Bad we can't charge them for being stupid in a no stupid zone" Both of us relize that antis and others who want to take our right away read these fourms and will use what these jokers write against us. I have tired to model myself like him and he is actully younger than me, but he has alot more miles than I do.

Assistant Administrator
    "Too Bad we can't charge them for being stupid in a no stupid zone"
    Nice!! Very succinct and to the point. Note to self - must remember
    Chris - P95

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    The macho,chest pounders,"can cap 'em now, don't havta take no more $hit now",type of CCW'ers,will really hurt the the(our) cause. I will not be associated with that type of person. Also if I were called to testify as to what one of them said ref. "now I can kill 'em", I would not lie for them. It might just come back to haunt them. You can imagine that some lawyer would beat the crap outta them with their own words.

I heartily agree with all of the comments above.

I own/operate an 18 wheeler since I retired from the military...the anonymous CB Rambo Ninja Fighter persona of some lowlifes on the road is an exact parralell. Lots of talk, zero bloodshed.

The oft quoted statistic that CCW laws have resulted in lowered violent crime rates in every state should point us in the right direction here. If you believed the comments of some from behind the keyboard, we would actually have had the blood in the streets that the anti's feared. Obviously there is a disconnect. I don't know anybody who CCW's that doesn't clearly understand that the purpose of CCW isn't to solve a fistfight. Also that you need to avoid confrontation to make sure it doesn't escalate to the need to employ the CCW without clear justification. I think all of us have in the back of our mind the glaring spotlight of a courtroom. Regardless of civil/criminal...either would be the end of life as we know it.

I do agree that the casual onlooker to these boards could get the wrong impression, especially if they were predisposed in that direction.
    If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links