Defensive Carry banner

Jeb Signed !!

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  havegunjoe 
#1 ·
Yesterday,the governor signed into law the "enhanced" version of the "Castle Doctrine". This will allow Floridians to protect themselves in public places such as their place of buisness or Wally World. Now we don't have an obligation to retreat/run if you feel that your being faced with death or great bodily harm. We have always had this right in our homes or vechicles but the new law extends this right to public places as long as we have the right to be there. The bill says the person has"the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force,including deadly force if he or she reasonably belives it is necessary to do so,to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another". I would suggest the you Fla. CCW'ers make sure that you know and understand all the places where we cannot carry a weapon. I feel that this will be heavily enforced. Again,----WAY TO GO FLA.

#2 ·
I hope this catches on with other states and I hope we take the time to give the legislators that voted for this type of legislation an "attaboy" letter or email and the ones that voted against it a "sorry you strayed from the flock" message. :stupido:

#3 ·
Way to go - absolutely.

Of course... all the usual cries of ''rivers of blood'' - shot up neighbors .... yada yada yada. I think folks easily forget - anyone who uses lethal force, even when ''sanctioned'' - is gonna come under deep scrutiny regardless. This is no ''free lunch'' for trigger-happy dudes - not IMO.

It quite simply strengthens the law in favor of legit' SD instances. Sure would not have me prowling in my Mall Ninja suit - looking for a target rich situation!! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Seriously - I do hope it goes smoothly and that there will not be idiots who abuse it and so prove anti's hysteria well placed. That would be disasterous.

#6 ·
Bumper said:
I hope this catches on with other states and I hope we take the time to give the legislators that voted for this type of legislation an "attaboy" letter or email and the ones that voted against it a "sorry you strayed from the flock" message. :stupido:
It won't catch on in Montana, not until 2007, at the earliest. As many of you know from my frequent rants on this subject, our nearly identical legislation was defeated by the Democrat majority in the State Senate. I attribute the defeat to the refusal of the NRA to support the legislation in its initial stages.

The legislation passed the House, although heavily amended, but retaining the "no duty to retreat" provision. The State Senate Judiciary Committee (controlled by the Dems), voted to table the bill with no action, thereby effectively killing it.

At this point, the NRA decided they would support the bill after all because the sponsors agreed to some language changes the NRA wanted. 6 Democrats changed sides and voted with the Republicans to "blast" the bill out of the Judiciary Committee for debate in the full Senate. Then when the bill came up for debate, these 6 Dems reneged and voted against it. The rest is history, as they say.

I'm still pi**ed off at the NRA for their lack of support. I'm convinced that Florida's legislation passed in large part due to its high profile support in the person of past NRA President Marion Hammer. No such high powered support in Montana.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad-mouthing Florida, just the NRA. I'm happy that Florida's bill passed. Obviously, there's a good deal of common sense sitting in the Florida Legislature.

#8 ·
Way to go Florida!

Here in Minnesota we are fighting to try and get back our carry law that was overturned by an anti-gun judge :mad: while Florida is making gigantic headway for our rights to self protection. This should definately be the law of the land.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.