Campus Carry at TTU

Campus Carry at TTU

This is a discussion on Campus Carry at TTU within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is an article and video discussing the new CC law with a couple of professors at Texas Tech. I personally like it of course ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Coon
  • 1 Post By Camjr

Thread: Campus Carry at TTU

Campus Carry at TTU

Here is an article and video discussing the new CC law with a couple of professors at Texas Tech. I personally like it of course because now when I take my kids to their music lessons/recitals and such I don't have to worry about leaving it in the car or at home.

Mixed Reactions from Texas Tech Professors to Teaching with
    Rico, we'll need special tactical equipment.

It's the law, get over it!
    Havok likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sdprof's Avatar
    Interesting that the prof teaching military history, who seems to have great trepidation about the law, is wearing a Combat Infantry Badge, he's a Viet Nam vet. Yet he's not supportive of students (and faculty) exercising their natural, 2A protected, rights.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 226 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Camjr's Avatar
    I graduated from Texas Tech as did the lovely Mrs. Camjr. My son is a junior there now. He's 20 and not able to carry. He's not a gun guy and I don't expect him to get his license to carry in the near future. I did ask his opinion on the new freedom to carry most everywhere on campus. Despite not being a gun guy, he has a good perspective on it. He told me that knowing that the evil doers already had them on campus, he feels better that responsible people are now able to be armed on campus. He said it's not for him, but at least he's realistic about it. He just laughs about the sex toy protests at UT, saying those should be concealed as well.

It was nice when I was up there last weekend that I could carry everywhere I went on campus. There were a few places that prevented carry on campus, but not widespread at all.

Cheers.
    BackcountryGuy likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

"It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf." -- Thomas Fuller

The 1911: An elegant weapon from a more civilized age...

Distinguished Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Interesting that the prof teaching military history, who seems to have great trepidation about the law, is wearing a Combat Infantry Badge, he's a Viet Nam vet. Yet he's not supportive of students (and faculty) exercising their natural, 2A protected, rights.
    Neither is Adm. McRaven.

Sponsored Links