Too close to me.

This is a discussion on Too close to me. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0405/223731.html Chantilly, Va. (AP) - A Fairfax County (website - news) school teacher is out of the classroom after authorities say a loaded gun was ...

Thread: Too close to me.

Unhappy Too close to me.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0405/223731.html

Chantilly, Va. (AP) - A Fairfax County (website - news) school teacher is out of the classroom after authorities say a loaded gun was found in his car.

County police say Timothy Fudd has a valid concealed weapons permit - but that doesn't allow him to bring a gun onto school property, which violates the school system's own rules.

An anonymous tip is what investigators say led them to search Fudd's car in the parking lot of Westfield High School in Chantilly, Monday. He surrendered this morning and was released on his own recognizance.

Both police and school system officials say there's no indication Fudd has ever taken the gun into school, or that he planned to. Police wouldn't say why the gun was in the car.

Fudd is on unpaid administrative leave.

Watch the spin the media puts on it in the video. They are crucifying this poor guy.

2. Remove Ads

Gun owners are second class citizens in a society that values victims over victors. One wonders who at the school he angered, as the "anonymous tip" was clearly a Hitler Youth maneuver to out him.

VIP Member
    Being an employee he is screwed. As a visitor come July 1st I will be able to have a concealed gun on school property in the drop off areas and parking lot so long as I remain in my vehicle.

Also current VA law allows for bringing a gun on to school property in a "locked container". So as a non-employee I can bring my gun to school property so long as it is in a "locked container". However, employees have to abide by a different set of rules.

Always nice to see the knee jerk OMG we're all going to die mentality afflicting our society today.

-Scott-

Another reminder about "who" knows you have a CCW and carry. The point in being concealed is to ensure "noboby knows". He obviously let the cat outta the bag to someone. Not right what they're doing to him, but this gets back to discussion on previous thread about violating a company policy about carrying on company property....in this case school grounds. I don't agree with the rules, but rules are rules.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    Another reminder about "who" knows you have a CCW and carry. The point in being concealed is to ensure "noboby knows". He obviously let the cat outta the bag to someone. Not right what they're doing to him, but this gets back to discussion on previous thread about violating a company policy about carrying on company property....in this case school grounds. I don't agree with the rules, but rules are rules.

Good point. I was wondering just who ratted hom out in this case.

This is why it really frightens me that anyone can call a toll free number and find out if you're a permit holder.

Assistant Administrator
    Long and the short of this - it just sucks!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    This is why it really frightens me that anyone can call a toll free number and find out if you're a permit holder.

Now that is something I wasn't aware of !
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

I think that in Ohio, the newspapers were publishing Names of Permit Holder's. That is really bad. I'm glad that I live in Florida. The gun laws down here are much better!!!

VIP Member
    In some places, they're giving out rewards to students to tell.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I believe very firmly in ref. to CCW,THAT IT IS NOBODY'S GD BUISNESS WEATHER YOU CARRY OR NOT. I have heard(overheard) some CCWers talking about them carrying a weapon sitting at bars,restraunts, and even airline terminals while waiting to pick up incoming passergers(in the non-sterile area). We all have to be very aware of the concequences of spouting off. I tell my students that weather you are carrying or not is one of(IF NOT THE) most private things that you will ever do. It is the same as asking someone weather they are wearing skivies or not. What would you say to someone (friend or not) if they asked you that?? You would(should) say"it's none of your *&^%$#@! buisness !! I have found some CCWers that just love to have the oppertunity to tell LEO's that they are carrying. I find this very unwise(for lack of a better word). I will go out of my way not to tell a LEO. I WILL tell if I feel that he could put his hands on me or he has the "probable cause" to ask me to raise my shirt/vest. Other than that (if the local laws permit) I feel that it is none of the LEO's buisness either. Lets all (includeing myself) try to keep our private buisness private. CCW is just that----very private and very personel.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Itís not quite that easy (at least in Texas, where you are talking about). I checked it out before (and again recently) just to see. If you press that option on the phone menu it will tell you to send in a written request for the information. I still donít like that, but at least you canít just get it by making a call.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Links