New Member Question

This is a discussion on New Member Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Linda I guess as a female who carries, I go above and beyond the sterotypical woman who carries. My husband and I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member Question

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I guess as a female who carries, I go above and beyond the sterotypical woman who carries.

My husband and I both carry. My son and daughter-in-law both carry. I carry everywhere legally possible ALWAYS!!!

I am an NRA certified instructor, instructing Ohio concealed carry classes on a monthly basis. We run about 30% women in our classes. I really don't know how many actually go ahead and apply for their CHL. I don't know if we get more women in our classes because I am a female instructing females. I suspect so. Ohio's Attorney General doesn't have a breakdown of statistics by gender.

I also don't fit the sterotypical female bill, because I am the only female leader of Ohio's foremost #1 2nd Amendment rights organization, Buckeye Firearms Association! As a woman in the Statehouse working on gun rights, I think I have a clear advantage over the guys. I can speak on behalf of ladies and the ever present dangers we face. I can build those relationships with the legislators on a different level than the guys. They all have great respect for me and that's a nice place to be at in my life.

We need more women involved in the 2nd Amendment rights movement.

Yep, life is good!
    Thanks for fighting the good fight on behalf of all of us!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

Thanks Andy and Doc. It's truly my pleasure.
    And it's all just so darn much fun!

Everyone should be involved with their state's best 2nd Amendment rights organization! Those are the people who have the passion and are putting in the many, many hours of their time, for free, to get laws improved.

Honestly, before concealed carry passed in our state 3 1/2 years ago, I would have never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that I'd be doing all that I do. But it's all fun!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Senior Moderator
    I echo the last couple of posts by saying, "That a girl, Linda!"

I'm a lady myself and I carry.

The bio in my profiles says, "I shoot big guns but keep my toenails painted. I may carry a gun, but I'm still lady," and I try to live up to that.

I think I go a tiny bit beyond the stereotypical female concealed carrier as well as I also work at a gun shop/range.

I am looking into getting my NRA certification and I would love to be just like Linda!

My husband and I are moving soon after which I am looking forward to getting actively involved in the VCDL as well as other 2nd Amendment activist groups, even the NRA-ILA.

Like Linda I've had so much fun with it and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

The Ladies who are members of this forum are an absolute joy and credit to the shooting community. I have never read a post from any of them that wasn't a pleasure and usually educational to read. Lima, where are you guys moving to?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I was the only woman in my CCW class. I carry everywhere it is possible. Hubby bought me a most excellent purse for this purpose. I also wish more women took responsibility for their own protection. I wince everytime I hear about a "helpless" woman attacked. She didn't need to be "helpless", she could have been trained and armed.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Well, my wife and I attended our concealed handgun class, and I was in the minority.

In fact, my wife uses an XD P01 compact as a concealed weapon, in where I mainly use my 38 spcl J Frame. What is wrong with me to be out sized in carry weapons by my wife?

Hold that thought, I am going to go get the G19 out of the safe to make me feel better....
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Just think of it this way: Your wife is armed to protect herself AND her family....which includes you. She is like your very own body guard. Now put that weapon back in the safe and don't be a stero type. LOL
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I echo the last couple of posts by saying, "That a girl, Linda!"
    I am looking into getting my NRA certification and I would love to be just like Linda!
    Quote Originally Posted by tegemu
    The Ladies who are members of this forum are an absolute joy and credit to the shooting community. I have never read a post from any of them that wasn't a pleasure and usually educational to read.
    Ah, shucks!

I have admired limatunes posts for quite awhile. She has words of wisdom and to be admired working in a gun store. That has got to put the ladies at ease who are coming in to buy their first gun. I got my training working at a lumberyard amongst the world of men for many many years. Yes guys, not only do I know about gun rights, I also know all about construction!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

I am totally a hot chick. ASL

LOL girls don't use the internet

jk

seriously im sorry

this is just getting ridiculous

:)
    Last edited by JD; June 23rd, 2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Removed vast open fields between lines of text.

I would realy like to see more females carry. Theres just too many BG out there to take advantage of the ones that don't.

My daughter will carry some day. She is five right now and doesn't know any better. However, I am pointing her in the right direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links