New Member Question

New Member Question

This is a discussion on New Member Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In my CHL class I learned that only 18% of CHL holders are female....so I'd like to hear from the females.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Member Question

In my CHL class I learned that only 18% of CHL holders are female....so I'd like to hear from the females....

oh we are here all right

I wonder if 18% of the members here are female...hopefully more :D

Proably more then you might think.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Assistant Administrator
    I haven't heard a percentage from anywhere that would seem other than an estimate but ....... I am aware with considerable pleasure that more and more ladies are arming and getting their permit. I do know that the last few basic Pistol courses I have taught on - and Personal Protection - that the ladies have been well represented.

We do have quite a few ladies here I am glad to say and suspect a few are somewhat incognito

I'd like to think we had approaching a fifth of membership as ladies but fear that is not the case.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

At the Level II training class I was in, there was a 25% female attendance rate (and completion rate). They were great to have in the class and were an inspiration in regard to how much they improved and learned from beginning to end. Not that the guys were not improving too, but it seemed the gals had more obstacles to overcome.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." --- John Adams
    (1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President
    Source: Oct. 11, 1798; Address to the military

How much of that 18% is single?

Administrator
    It's nice to hear that so many more females are getting into personal self defense carry.
    I hope those numbers keep on growing.

There is no way that we can tell what exact percentage of our member base would be female.

Unless they would want to volunteer that information.

Even then we would have no way of knowing if that were all of them - and also many members only visit DefensiveCarry to read and never post comments so those females could not be included in the tally.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

There is no way that we can tell what exact percentage of our member base would be female.
    Yes there is, we all go to the range and the ones that shoot best are the women. Oh, and also the ones that look like women are women...

I would guess that women aren't represented online to the same percentages simply because women are less likely to spend hours online arguing minute differences between reloads or the marginal benefits of one holster over another... but us guys get addicted to it.

VIP Member
    OK , I'm not a female , but would like to make a comment about females carrying.
    When I first got on this forum , I was waiting for my CCW permit. I saw a post by a female on here that showed pictures of her carrying. Nothing personal about the particular female , but I found it very "appealing" that a woman was carrying a gun. I thought about it for a while as to why it was so "appealing" and realized it was the fact that it showed she was strong and was taking a stand. To me it shows independance, and I find that very attractive..

One-half of my household is a woman...... And she carries too.....

I'm still trying to convince my wife to go shooting with me, just to familiarize herself with the guns I/we have should she ever need to use one of them to defend herself. No luck yet but it sure would ease my mind to know she could use them effectively.

In my permit class of 35 people, 5 were ladies. Not a very high percentage but I was happy to see them there ... and every one of them passed with flying colors.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    One-half of my household is a woman...... And she carries too.....
    Interesting. Statistical sampling of my household also indicates that 50% of the people who carry are female . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Talking

I guess as a female who carries, I go above and beyond the sterotypical woman who carries.

My husband and I both carry. My son and daughter-in-law both carry. I carry everywhere legally possible ALWAYS!!!

I am an NRA certified instructor, instructing Ohio concealed carry classes on a monthly basis. We run about 30% women in our classes. I really don't know how many actually go ahead and apply for their CHL. I don't know if we get more women in our classes because I am a female instructing females. I suspect so. Ohio's Attorney General doesn't have a breakdown of statistics by gender.

I also don't fit the sterotypical female bill, because I am the only female leader of Ohio's foremost #1 2nd Amendment rights organization, Buckeye Firearms Association! As a woman in the Statehouse working on gun rights, I think I have a clear advantage over the guys. I can speak on behalf of ladies and the ever present dangers we face. I can build those relationships with the legislators on a different level than the guys. They all have great respect for me and that's a nice place to be at in my life.

We need more women involved in the 2nd Amendment rights movement.

Yep, life is good!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Linda, thank you for all that you do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links