Am I nuts? - Page 6

Am I nuts?

This is a discussion on Am I nuts? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will hold my comments until I see a picture of the she part of the team....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Am I nuts?

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I will hold my comments until I see a picture of the she part of the team.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

There is NOTHING wrong with a friendship with younger folks. It is good you can teach them things that they didn't get taught by their parents or other elders in their own family. Don't let others "dirty" minds make you question your actions. You know that your aim is wholesome. Sounds like those "kids" are lucky to know you. P.S. If that "dirty" mind is your wife....take her along too. Let her know there is nothing to fear from your relationship with these others.
    Last edited by Spirit51; June 20th, 2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Add on
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    I will hold my comments until I see a picture of the she part of the team.
    You kill me there bro. Her boy friend is a member here and she is joining (why I recommend this site is beyond me, LOL) and as to how she looks....well with proper justification, I call her the "real" Laura Croft. Angelina dont hold nuffing on this girl. Her boyfriend, looks life Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn) from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Great kids that I'm proud to call friends. Since she just got hired as a cop, I dont think ya'al will be graced with her pics (unless you show up at one of our IDPA shoots, LOL).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Sounds like someone's wife is getting jealous of the time you are spending with said 20 somethings. Are either of these 20 somethings female by any chance?

edit: hahaha there IS a female 20 something involved.
    Last edited by kavity; June 21st, 2007 at 12:43 AM.

R3
    Really man? Spicoli? ...................... hehe
    -R3

One of the advantages and priveleges of age and experience is the ability and opportunity to pass your knowledge on to folks. Go for it, with gusto.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Good for you.

But it's a rare thing to find a 20 something that
    don't already think they know everything.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Thats because we DO know everything. :)

I'm currently 23, but learned how to hunt and fish when I was 16 from my friend (same age) and his dad that was in his mid 40s at the time. I am so glad that they took the time to teach me. It wasn't weird in any way. I think you are doing a really good think. Keep it up!
    "I am completely out of ammo.......thats never happened to me before?" Burt Gummer -Tremors2-

"In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say "Stop, or I'll say stop again." Robin Williams

Many kids grow up in non-shooting, non-hunting families. It is your privilege and obligation to share your knowledge.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    I find it amusing that at 35, I have those in their 50's and 60's asking me for instruction.
    ~Now that IS: weird~
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    I am 50, have a wrecked back and walk with a cane. I don't have anymore of my own kids around to fish and hunt with. I take the neighborhood kids, any age, fishing anytime they come over and ask. As for hunting, about the only thing I hunt anymore is a place to sit down and deer. I have a few teenage kids around that I have taught to shoot and hunt. 2 teenangers can do a person lots of good when ya have a deer down a mile from the truck. They understand they must keep their grades up in school and be a decent person in life if they want to go with me. I help them and they help me. It is a good tradeoff.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links