MICHIGAN CCW'ers please read!

This is a discussion on MICHIGAN CCW'ers please read! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Attention all Mchigan CPL holders: Write and or call your state Rep and ask them to co-sponsor and or support house bills 4759 and 4760 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MICHIGAN CCW'ers please read!

Attention all Mchigan CPL holders:

Write and or call your state Rep and ask them to co-sponsor and or support house bills 4759 and 4760 sponsored by Rep Daniel Accciavatti (R). These bills eliminate the “safe” zones that you are not allowed to carry your CCW. I prefer to call them “defenseless victim zones”. Thanks, and as Red Green would say “we’re all in this together”
    livin in the woods...feelin mighty good

I just sent my rep an e-mail. We'll see if the bills pass.

*crosses fingers*
    i sure hope it does. that would be great.
    i was just planning on doing that too.

i actually just sent an email to every michigan state rep out there. i hope everyone does the same. even if you arent from MI, they dont know the difference and your voice really does matter. Here are the email addresses of every single michigan state rep to make things easier. just copy and past and write a little note about how this bill will save lives.

edwardgaffney@house.mi.gov, lamarlemmonsjr@house.mi.gov, bettiecookscott@house.mi.gov, colemanayoungii@house.mi.gov, bertjohnson@house.mi.gov, marshacheeks@house.mi.gov,
    virgilsmith@house.mi.gov, georgecushingberry@house.mi.gov,
    shanellejackson@house.mi.gov, gabeleland@house.mi.gov, morrishood3rd@house.mi.gov,
    stevetobocman@house.mi.gov, barbarafarrah@house.mi.gov, edclemente@house.mi.gov, ginopolidori@house.mi.gov,
    bobconstan@house.mi.gov, andydillon@house.mi.gov, richardleblanc@house.mi.gov, johnpastor@house.mi.gov, marccorriveau@house.mi.gov, phillajoy@house.mi.gov, hoon-yunghopgood@house.mi.gov, kathleenlaw@house.mi.gov,
    jackbrandenburg@house.mi.gov, stevebieda@house.mi.gov,
    mariedonigan@house.mi.gov, andymeisner@house.mi.gov,
    lisawojno@house.mi.gov,
    timmelton@house.mi.gov,
    toryrocca@house.mi.gov, fredmiller@house.mi.gov, danielacciavatti@house.mi.gov, kimmeltzer@house.mi.gov, brendaclack@house.mi.gov,
    paulcondino@house.mi.gov, repbrianpalmer@house.mi.gov, aldovagnozzi@house.mi.gov, craigderoche@house.mi.gov, davidlaw@house.mi.gov, chuckmoss@house.mi.gov,
    martyknollenberg@house.mi.gov,
    frankaccavitti@house.mi.gov,
    franamos@house.mi.gov, johnstakoe@house.mi.gov,
    johngarfield@house.mi.gov, jimmarleau@house.mi.gov,
    joehune@house.mi.gov,
    richardhammel@house.mi.gov,
    leegonzales@house.mi.gov, tedhammon@house.mi.gov,
    davidrobertson@house.mi.gov, pambyrnes@house.mi.gov,
    rebekahwarren@house.mi.gov, almasmith@house.mi.gov,
    kathyangerer@house.mi.gov, KateEbli@house.mi.gov, dspade@house.mi.gov, brucecaswell@house.mi.gov,
    rickshaffer@house.mi.gov, robertjones@house.mi.gov, jackhoogendyk@house.mi.gov,
    mikenofs@house.mi.gov, lorencewenke@house.mi.gov,
    martingriffin@house.mi.gov, mikesimpson@house.mi.gov, chrisward@house.mi.gov,
    barbbyrum@house.mi.gov,
    joanbauer@house.mi.gov, markmeadows@house.mi.gov, judyemmons@house.mi.gov, rickjones@house.mi.gov,
    glennsteil@house.mi.gov, tompearce@house.mi.gov,
    daveagema@house.mi.gov,
    robertdean@house.mi.gov, representativesak@house.mi.gov, kevingreen@house.mi.gov, nealnitz@house.mi.gov,
    johnproos@house.mi.gov, tonyaschuitmaker@house.mi.gov, phillippavlov@house.mi.gov, johnstahl@house.mi.gov,
    johnespinoza@house.mi.gov,
    terrybrown@house.mi.gov,
    richardball@house.mi.gov, rephildenbrand@house.mi.gov, briancalley@house.mi.gov, fultonsheen@house.mi.gov,
    arlanbmeekhof@house.mi.gov, billhuizenga@house.mi.gov, maryvalentine@house.mi.gov, dougbennett@house.mi.gov,
    paulopsommer@house.mi.gov, kennethhorn@house.mi.gov,
    andycoulouris@house.mi.gov, jeffmayes@house.mi.gov, timmoore@house.mi.gov,
    johnmoolenaar@house.mi.gov, billcaul@house.mi.gov, goeffhansen@house.mi.gov, davidpalsrok@house.mi.gov,
    darwinbooher@house.mi.gov, joelsheltrown@house.mi.gov, howardwalker@house.mi.gov, kevinelsenheimer@house.mi.gov, matthewgillard@house.mi.gov, garymcdowell@house.mi.gov, tomcasperson@house.mi.gov, stevenlindberg@house.mi.gov, mikelahti@house.mi.gov

You go girl (friesepferd), when I wanted to do that I came up with some webform that required my address, so they knew if I were their consituent. I'll be doing some serious email shortly. Might I add a bit of advice: Send a seperate email to each so it doesn't look like a mass mailing, but instead an email to each individually, and don't forget t change the name in each email, as well as any "sirs" or "Ma'ams"
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    You go girl (friesepferd), when I wanted to do that I came up with some webform that required my address, so they knew if I were their consituent. I'll be doing some serious email shortly. Might I add a bit of advice: Send a seperate email to each so it doesn't look like a mass mailing, but instead an email to each individually, and don't forget t change the name in each email, as well as any "sirs" or "Ma'ams"
    For those of you wanting to do this quickly:

Use the Blind Carbon Copy feature, they will not know that it was a mass email, send one email to men (sir) one to women (ma'am).

OR

Use a mail merge from excel to change all the names for each recipient.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer him—by force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Good catch. The campaign has already begun though. I received a note from my rep that stated his position AGAINST 4759. Guess my letter won't do much good. Apply pressure as possible with the other reps though. This needs to pass.

Done. Been trying to keep abreast of these bills on the MCRGO site too. Never "enough" pressure!

sent an email to my reps. thanks for the info.
    Nick.

I sent a pm to mine a week or two ago and he wrote back that he is supporting the new bill and watching its progress slowly. (for the record, he is a democrat too!)

Lead Moderator
    Messages sent. Thanks for the email addresses.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I sent mine..

I hope it does some good.

Messages sent. Thanks for the info!

i sent a message to all of those reps yesterday and ive gotten 11 responses already. not one of which was (very) against it. i was very pleased. here are a few things some of them said:

I will keep your support for the bills in mind! (this one probably is against it then)

Thank you for contacting our office in regard to HB 4759 and 4760. Rep. Hune is supporting these bills as introduced. He appreciates you taking the time to give your opinion and reasons why the bill should be passed into law.

I support the repeal of the "gun-free zone" provision. One gun tragedy after another, especially those in group or public settings, could have been prevented or less lives lost, if a law-abiding, responsible gun-owner had been able to carry his/her firearm and had been in a position to prevent the gunmen in these tragedies.

All the statistics clearly show that those states with strict gun control laws have more home invasions, more robberies, and more crime than those that don't. Elimination of the gun-free zone will protect our citizenry, not further jeopardize it.

I do support these bills.

As a strong proponent of CCW I appreciate that you have taken time to write. HB4759 is, in my opinion, a good first step toward the establishment of better CCW laws

I will be supportive of legislation that benefits CCW holders and will keep your thoughts in mind as this bill progresses through the legislature.

I would love to write, however not really sure what to write to them. I sort of think i will get side tracked and get away from the point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links